Champions league seedings - Liverpool 4th seed for group stage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:14 am

No Ian we are effectively a team from Mars. UEFA have said that we are not an English club for the purpose of this tournament. Therefore if an English club drew us in the group stages it's no different to them being grouped with a club from Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria etc beacuse we are not effectively not English.

It seems relatively clear to me.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:15 am

sorry laza posted at the same time, but sentiments are the same.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:21 am

No worries mate, its seems perfectly clear to me as well but maybe thats because we are seeing it from afar
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:04 pm

Hi Laza and Scott, thanks for your comments.

However .......surely IF any of the English Clubs draw us in the group stages they are going to moan like Billy-o (no change there then) having been drawn against a club from their own country thus in effect not being protected using their country protection?

Wherever and whatever UEFA deem us to be in terms of our country affiliation it doesn;'t take away the fact we are ENGLISH ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:11 pm

Dalglish wrote:Hi Laza and Scott, thanks for your comments.

However .......surely IF any of the English Clubs draw us in the group stages they are going to moan like Billy-o (no change there then) having been drawn against a club from their own country thus in effect not being protected using their country protection?

Wherever and whatever UEFA deem us to be in terms of our country affiliation it doesn;'t take away the fact we are ENGLISH ! :D

You just know we are going to get the bitters if we get to the 3rd qualifying round.
UEFA will only want 4 british teams in it, and you can bet your bottom dollar they wont want everton in it.
We can only draw the bitters in the 3rd round but not manu cause we are seeded like them, how ever should we get through we will be in the same group as chelsea and could possibly play them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:16 pm

I'd put my house on us drawing Everton but with stricter referees in the Cl and the tie over 2 legs i'll take our chances everytime against the bitter blues  :)

You gotta laugh though haven't you , I can't begin to imagine what the average european ref will make of Duncan Disorderley :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:23 pm

Dalglish wrote:I'd put my house on us drawing Everton but with stricter referees in the Cl and the tie over 2 legs i'll take our chances everytime against the bitter blues  :)

You gotta laugh though haven't you , I can't begin to imagine what the average european ref will make of Duncan Disorderley :D

:laugh: Im really looking forward to that one Ian, not just Drunlen but all there ale house players, I hate that :censored: Old mother Hibbert aswell :angry: remember he nearly snapped Garcias, shin in half, :censored:.
They would have no players left on the pitch, and there european tour the keep talking about, would be a 5 minute walk for some of them :laugh:
Or they could draw Inter then they could'nt even start a european tour behind closed doors, ha and no gate recipts either :rasp
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:27 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Or they could draw Inter then they could'nt even start a european tour behind closed doors, ha and no gate recipts either :rasp

:D How ironic would that be !!!!!!!!!!

No doubt we would be blamed for that as well by the Everton "faithless"  ???

Me and my mates are having a Flag made for Away games and the big games at Anfield , cup games etc..... Its going to say "My Eyes Have Seen The Glory" and have 5 European Cups underneath glimmering  :love:

I'll post it on here when it's complete as we are hoping to unveil it for the new season  :p

I was telling my mate about rhew propoed flag and he is a blue and he said  "5 !, My eyes haven;'t even seen one !!!!!!!!!  :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:31 pm

Me and my mates are having a Flag made for Away games and the big games at Anfield , cup games etc..... Its going to say "My Eyes Have Seen The Glory" and have 5 European Cups underneath glimmering 

I'll post it on here when it's complete as we are hoping to unveil it for the new season 

I was telling my mate about rhew propoed flag and he is a blue and he said  "5 !, My eyes haven;'t even seen one !!!!!!!!!  [/quote]
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: And he's never likely too either  :D  tell him it costs a fiver to get in our museum if he would like to see our collection of 5  :love:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:31 pm

i'd love it if we came across the bluesh!te, another opportunity to ask gollum exactly what he meant by "the best team on merseyside" when they go crashing out of the CL under the the wheels of the mighty red machine

one thing i'm sure of, they'll be a lot more scared of meeting us than the other way round :nod
Last edited by Woollyback on Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:33 pm

Peoples club me @rse.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:37 pm

Woollyback wrote:i'd love it if we came across the bluesh!te, another opportunity to ask gollum exactly what he meant by "the best team on merseyside" when they go crashing out of the CL under the the wheels of the mighty red machine

one thing i'm sure of, they'll be a lot more scared of meeting us than the other way round :nod

Hiya Al, I actually liked Moyes up till the back end of last season and respected what he had down with limited resources at Everton but more recently he seems to have become afflicted with that common disease over at Woodison "Bittermania".

His comments when they finally scrambled to 4th having played 26 LESS games than Liverpool over the season and with a minus goal difference were unprofessional for a man in his position.

Perosnally I don't have a big axe to grind with Evertonians but it beggars belief that they are so blind to the FACTS  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:39 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Peoples club me @rse.

:D

It always tcickles me to see their futile and empty attempts to make something out of nothing. their ludricous "100 years in the top flight" And "the peoples club" banners outsde their ground folowed by a DVD ermmmmm Wait for it "Celebrating" their inclusion in the Qualifying rounds of the Champions League smacks of desperation  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:56 pm

i know what you mean, i've never really disliked everton before - all my mum's side of the family (my mum excluded) are blues and i've always thought that any success for the city of Liverpool is always a good thing, but suddenly this season they've got on my t!ts with all this "peoples club" nonsense. As much as I loathe ManU there's nothing sadder over here than a City fan clutching at straws with ridiculous claims about having the majority support in the city and it's the same with the bluesh!te

fair enough it's been an immense achievement for them to get 4th, especially after the departure of (arguably) their 2 best players, but for them to seriously proclaim to be the best team on merseyside and "the people's club" is patently ridiculous

bring 'em on in the CL :angry:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:28 am

Woollyback wrote:bring 'em on in the CL :angry:

Just been having this disscusion in the pub,4 blues 3 reds after much heated debate and slagging,the general concensous was non of us really want us to meet in the third qualifying round.We had all that ,we will knock out the defending champions sh!te,and if we dont get out the group stages it will be great coz we got further than you.
At the end of the day Iam always confident of beating Everton and over 2 legs,whats the problem.The problem is what if the unthinkable were to happen.It only takes a weak referee at that cess pit they call goodison to put the cat amongst the pigeons and my God we would never hear the end of it.after the slagging had stopped the blues in our company addmited after waiting so long they couldnt stand it if Liverpool were to dump them on there @rses before the competion started as they were all looking forward to a few days away somewhere.I bid them good night then added I hope you get Inter Milan.One of them said that will do me,it will do me as well,played behind closed doors and knocked out,
you still wont have seen the Bluesh!te in Europe.
84-1106852058

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion