Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 82

Postby muzza798 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Who ever said Babel has been given chances and throws them away i dont agree. This season he has come on several times and in every 1 of them, bar Totteham, away he has been a game changer.
muzza798

Postby roberto green » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:00 pm

muzza798 wrote:Who ever said Babel has been given chances and throws them away i dont agree. This season he has come on several times and in every 1 of them, bar Totteham, away he has been a game changer.

I agree Babel isn't my favourite but he has a lot more talent than Ngog and I think it is more a fact that he isn't another Rafa Robot where he will run around like a headless chicken chasing the ball when he hasn't got it.I think if we give Babel the chance Ngog has had we would get a lot more goals..

On Pacheco.You can tell the boy has it and he could well be our biggest find in the youth system since Gerrard.
roberto green

Postby leep33 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 am

I wouldn't bring him into the starting line up just yet but i would use him as an impact sub for the rest of the season.
leep33

Postby Rush Job » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 pm

roberto green wrote:
muzza798 wrote:Who ever said Babel has been given chances and throws them away i dont agree. This season he has come on several times and in every 1 of them, bar Totteham, away he has been a game changer.

I agree Babel isn't my favourite but he has a lot more talent than Ngog and I think it is more a fact that he isn't another Rafa Robot where he will run around like a headless chicken chasing the ball when he hasn't got it.I think if we give Babel the chance Ngog has had we would get a lot more goals..

On Pacheco.You can tell the boy has it and he could well be our biggest find in the youth system since Gerrard.

I dont think Babel could play up there on his own, he cant hold the ball up, his first touch is often worse than kuyts. He`s a one trick pony, he would be running head long into traffic.
He can be effective dont get me wrong but unless we go two up front I think he is better used wide were he can get one on one and cut in a hit one when he chooses.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Rush Job wrote:
roberto green wrote:

I dont think Babel could play up there on his own, he cant hold the ball up, his first touch is often worse than kuyts. He`s a one trick pony, he would be running head long into traffic.
He can be effective dont get me wrong but unless we go two up front I think he is better used wide were he can get one on one and cut in a hit one when he chooses.

Yehh i agree with that.

He actually does have a half decent shot on him as well
Fauxy

Postby Rush Job » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
roberto green wrote:

Yehh i agree with that.

He actually does have a half decent shot on him as well

All power no finese but who gives a sh!t if he bursts the net with one.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 am

He started at spudz, one of only four league starts this season. His only two league goals came as a sub vs Hull (W6-1)

Not sure too many games have "changed" this season, not in our favour leastwise. Certainly can't be in the cups where we've been dreadful on the whole and most games have changed in a bad way - Lyon, Fiorentina and Reading in particular
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:22 am

Rush Job wrote:All power no finese but who gives a sh!t if he bursts the net with one.

Like anyone getting carried away because one of Mascherano's efforts was on target and went in, unlike his usual standard of shot
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 am

Not even on the bench, for the FOURTH Premiership game in a row. One subs appearance, four unused subs appearances in a row and now back out of the matchday squad again. He might as well sit on the bench instead of Aquilani, our £20m big signing of the summer who was on the bench six times in a row with three appearances off it, started four Premiership games but has remained on the bench six times to his four starts and five appearances off the bench. To me Raheem Sterling will do well to do any better than Pacheco, especially if Rafa remains manager much longer.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 am

Four stints as an unused sub in the Premiership followed by not making the bench five times in a row :no
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am

Where was Pacheco last night, he wasn't even on the bench, is he injured or something? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blurblur » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:18 am

it's now time for Rafa to blood our youngsters... by starting on the bench and giving them some action on the pitch during the latter stages of the game can certainly help in their development... players such as Inusa, Babel and Riera should have been thrown into the reserves or shown the Anfield exit long ago... there were ample chances for them to show their worth but they often fared badly... the potential just isn't there for these non-performers...
blood the youngsters and let them show us their hunger for the club...!!! :)
blurblur

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 am

Wow, massive THREE appearances this season. Rafa should loan him out or play him, I guess with 10 men maybe last night wasn't the best time to give him playing time, but when is when we've lost 17 games already and played only 47 - Rafa's worst loss percentage in all his seasons in charge (worse than 1 game in 3 at 36.17%, worse than 31.67% in 04/05)
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion