Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 82

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Ngog is a centre forward and Pacheco is not. Pacheco is more of an attacking midfield player who would ideally be played off of a centre forward like Torres or Ngog. Please stop calling for Pacheco to replace Ngog as they play in different positions.

Ngog should be dropped, put Kuyt upfront and Pacheco as the second striker and play Gerrard - Masch in the middle
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Why should NGog be dropped? He scored again tonight ffs. Nice assist from Pacheco btw.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Well, after what he showed tonight... defenetly.I mean, what kind of kid would make an assit when he has a clear shot on goal on his debut match in the European Cup... unless he did it by mistake :D.Anyway, he had a great match and he should get a chance more often.And we should play youngsters in European copetition more often cos they turn out great in their matches :D (Kelly and now this guy).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:Why should NGog be dropped? He scored again tonight ffs. Nice assist from Pacheco btw.

so, he was awful most of the game, as he was awful in the last 3 games, he should be dropped shouldn't he? didn't Rafa do that to Keane long time ago when he had a bad game?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Why should NGog be dropped? He scored again tonight ffs. Nice assist from Pacheco btw.

so, he was awful most of the game, as he was awful in the last 3 games, he should be dropped shouldn't he? didn't Rafa do that to Keane long time ago when he had a bad game?

Torres is still out mate you want to just stick Pacheco in the 1st team ahead of NGog who has scored a few this season already?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 am

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Torres is still out mate you want to just stick Pacheco in the 1st team ahead of NGog who has scored a few this season already?

N'gog is absolute Dross
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 am

Everyone's a :censored: manager these days eh? :laugh:

I don't think that's very fair on him. Pacheco is probably not ready for a starting position yet. Sure we all see him playing in the ressies and he looked ok tonight but we only see that. We don't see him day in day out in training as Rafa and his staff do so we are not really in a position to say this or that. Of course that doesn't stop us still trying to talk like we know what the manager should be doing. :laugh:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 am

metalhead wrote:

Im afraid hes all weve got
Two fellas behind me were going on all game about how :censored: he was. Then he scored. I just turned and laughed and they fu'cked off early.
To be fair he was rope. Hes just not good enough.
He is more a championship player than a PL player. Would he get in the newcastle or west brom side as a lone striker?
I doubt it
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby muzza798 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 am

2 things are for certain. Pacheco should be starting games or atleast be on the bench constantly and Babel is so obviously 1st team material its frustrating the life out of me. Pacheco has skill and confidence on the ball and the ability to beat his man no matter who that is. Same with Babel.

Benitez doesnt play them because he says the dont have the final ball etc. Fuk off. Babel beat his man more times in 10 minutes than Riera did in 80 and ran so far into the box he set up several oppertunities. Pacheco came on, didnt do that much but showed great composure to nod the ball down clamly to NGOG. 2 players that are amazing to watch on the wing and have so much potencial and Benitez doesnt play them to the extent where they'll just say screw you ill go to Barca or w/e who will put me in the 1st team.

Babel simply must play and Pacheco at 19 could easily be Spains next big thing. Look at Rooey and Ronaldo etc. They were all 1st teamers and playing well at 19.
muzza798

Postby maguskwt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 am

muzza798 wrote:2 things are for certain. Pacheco should be starting games or atleast be on the bench constantly and Babel is so obviously 1st team material its frustrating the life out of me. Pacheco has skill and confidence on the ball and the ability to beat his man no matter who that is. Same with Babel.

Benitez doesnt play them because he says the dont have the final ball etc. Fuk off. Babel beat his man more times in 10 minutes than Riera did in 80 and ran so far into the box he set up several oppertunities. Pacheco came on, didnt do that much but showed great composure to nod the ball down clamly to NGOG. 2 players that are amazing to watch on the wing and have so much potencial and Benitez doesnt play them to the extent where they'll just say screw you ill go to Barca or w/e who will put me in the 1st team.

Babel simply must play and Pacheco at 19 could easily be Spains next big thing. Look at Rooey and Ronaldo etc. They were all 1st teamers and playing well at 19.

so you obviously didn't watch babel's previous performances? and to say that Rafa hasn't given babel opportunities... :laugh:

when fit Riera's miles ahead of babel... simple as that...

as for Pachenko, I agree he should be given more opportunities from now on and that's what Rafa's been just doing...  so your criticism on Rafa on this matter doesn't hold any water...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:12 am

metalhead wrote:

Agreed. We have a proven dutch striker (kuyt not babel) and still we chose to use a a young striker whos not good enough. Dont tell me that he scored last night etc, just look at the quality of the goals and what he did most of the time during the game. I cant imagine how does it feel for the lads who work their :censored: to create chances just to see their young 'untouchable' striker f@cked it up most of the time.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 am

N'Gog has played nine games in a row, started eight of them and last night was his first goal for TWO MONTHS. While dropping him now might seem a bit iffy, isn't it about time he became "touchable" in the writing (in blood) of Frank Nitti?

LAST NINE APPS

Kuyt : 9 apps, 839 mins, 4 goals (0.444 goals/app, 210 mins/goal)
N'Gog : 9 apps, 684 mins, 1 goal (0.111 goals/app, 684 mins/goal)
Babel : 9 apps, 190 mins, 1 goal (0.111 goals/app, 190 mins/goal)

N'Gog has started eight, scored one against a not very convincing side while Babel has played 45 minutes maximum in his last nine appearances and scored against Lyon. I do advocate a little more rotation of the striker as N'Gog is hardly carrying his weight recently, in fact his scored against list this season of Unirea, Stoke, Debrecen, Brum, Wigan, Leeds and Man Utd has very much an "odd one out" - the last being a one-on-one late on. That's not to say Babel would necessarily do much better, but that's not to say N'Gog has been keeping him out entirely on merit either
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Pacheco is on a different planet footballing wise , you can just tell he's got it .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 pm

yeah he is and im hoping he will be give more role from no one if he is to have a chance in the first xi
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm

I dont think N`Gog did bad last night TBH. He had 3 defenders round him most of the match, its not easy playing up there on your own when the oppo are content to sit in.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion