Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Bring pacheco into starting line-up? - Would you?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 82

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm

red_guy wrote:Playing Ngog upfront already cost us something. I'd rather have pacheco playing than watching that overrated french striker keep ruining our attacks week in week out.

What has it cost us? He has scored a few this season and some important ones too. He had a bad game against Arsenal which let's face it was always going to be a tough one.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Yeah, scored against Manure , etc but Still, no Ngog for me.. It's Pacheco Time!!!!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:45 pm

red_guy wrote:Yeah, scored against Manure , etc but Still, no Ngog for me.. It's Pacheco Time!!!!

PSV, Wigan and a few others too mate. Are you expecting Pacheco to be a world beater from his first match? It takes time to blood young players in.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xxTorresxx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Time for Rafa to play him vs Unirea
xxTorresxx

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 pm

You dont have to be that good to replace Ngog surely.Most centre forwards in the Prem would easy dislodge him so may as well give this young kid a shot. Thing is it wont happen and we are back with having a dig at the manager. Ngogs flogging a living at prem level let alone leading the line for the mighty reds, dear god  :no
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Ngog is a centre forward and Pacheco is not. Pacheco is more of an attacking midfield player who would ideally be played off of a centre forward like Torres or Ngog. Please stop calling for Pacheco to replace Ngog as they play in different positions.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:01 am

parchpea wrote:You dont have to be that good to replace Ngog surely.Most centre forwards in the Prem would easy dislodge him so may as well give this young kid a shot. Thing is it wont happen and we are back with having a dig at the manager. Ngogs flogging a living at prem level let alone leading the line for the mighty reds, dear god  :no

But he`s not a center forward is he.
Its not hard to see why he hasnt had more minutes, he only really plays one possition and he has SG, Kuyt, Aquilani, yossi and also maxi now who can also play that role behind the striker.
Like bav has already said I think his size is one of the reasons he hasnt played more for the first team, he is very slight also every game is a must win so its not easy to blood youngsters. With the UEFA cup we have a perfect chance and I`ll be surprised if rafa doesnt take the chance.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Nobody is calling Pacheco to replace Ngog. We just want Pacheco to be given chances as much as Ngog did. Drop Ngog, let Kuyt take the striker position with pacheco behind him.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Hes a striker then, not that it matters where you should play as these boys play all over the park.If Pacheo can run about up front and use the ball well he can go up there and play.Just because Ngog is a bigger lad doesnt mean anything if hes not quick enough to get on the ball or have the ability to use it well.Technically Pacheo looks handy and is smarter footballer than Ngog and all that is being said is that hes worth a shot.Frankly he couldnt do much worse.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

parchpea wrote:Hes a striker then, not that it matters where you should play as these boys play all over the park.If Pacheo can run about up front and use the ball well he can go up there and play.Just because Ngog is a bigger lad doesnt mean anything if hes not quick enough to get on the ball or have the ability to use it well.Technically Pacheo looks handy and is smarter footballer than Ngog and all that is being said is that hes worth a shot.Frankly he couldnt do much worse.

You would have Pacheco leading our line?
You either dont know much about the lad or you dont know much about the game, you cant even spell his name.
Pacheco isnt slow but I`d say N`gog is quicker any day off the week.
Have you ever seen him play? He`s a creative player and still very slight in build yet you would have him being the lone spearhead of our attack?
Dear God
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 am

Rush Job wrote:Dear God

Thou shall not use the lord's name in vain...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 am

maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Dear God

Thou shall not use the lord's name in vain...  :D

Sorry.
Be sure to say my ten hail marys before bed. :D
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xxTorresxx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Maybe play him in the second leg vs Unirea IF we have a huge lead.
xxTorresxx

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Can’t believe he isn’t starting tonight. He’s wasting him time working under Rafa. He may as well put in a transfer request.
Eagle

Postby anti-hero » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

based on his contribution tonight, yes. he has definitely made that jump from youth academy hopeful to substitutes bench. :D

which is a big jump if you think about it!
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion