Houlier - Played well?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bedlovedays » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:19 pm

Why is it acceptable to Houlier the team and the loyal fans of liverpool to call the second half of last nights game  " a good performance, a shame we didnt get at least a draw"!!!!!!

A draw you accept a draw against a team that has won one of nine at home!!!!  this is a shame??? It is not a shame it is an outrage for a team so skilled!!!!!

What is ashame is that this lethargic attitude has become acceptable.  A credit to Charlton on agood game, well fine but we should be beating teams like this 4-0 at least!!!!

We have put up with similar incompetence with the Toronto Maple Leafs for the past ten years.  Anyone remember Gilmour, Clark, Foligno?  We in Toronto have put up with "soft" Sundin for ten years now if he had half the heart of Gilmour............

So it goes with liverpool...........

Players who have done well???

Finnan, Riise, Hyypia, Henchoz, Owen, Kewell.......get my drift???
bedlovedays

Postby Manufan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:03 pm

Houlier is a cr#p manager he looks like a frog (this is funny as he's french). He signs many poor players who never play. He shows no desire to attack and has not done good for the club i dont know why you stick by him
Manufan

Postby cobby wallace » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:59 pm

What on earth will persuade the LFC board to sack GH, I'm sorry I've got to come back to this subject again; even when LFC win, it's not impressive, their style of play and body language tells the world that they do not have faith in the manager. GH is forever justifying why things are the way thEy are. LFC is effectively a second rate premiership team, we have no chance of playing in the cham[ions league with such an unimaginative manager, he can't inspire, has no ideas and never a manager LFC should hang on to.

GH has turned LFC  into the conference team of the premiership HE SHOULD GO BEFORE XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
cobby wallace

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:23 pm

I'm no big fan of GH but I am willing to give the man a chance to get things right.I do believe he is heading the correct way forward and that is play the attacking game ,sadly our defending is a little erratic at times and the finger has to point at the more experienced Liverpool defenders;Hyppia,Riise and Dudek look totally 2nd rate at the moment.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:36 pm

I agree. It's Ok to blame GH all the time but the man changed his tactics and gave us an attacking formation. That defeat at Charlton was not down to GH but to the players themselves. Hypia is playing really poor at the moment and his distribution and reading of the game has disappeared. Dudek likes to punch too many balls, instead of getting hold of them. It was his mistake that led to the corner that Charlton scored from. Riise is little boy lost and his shooting has become awful. I will always criticise GH when I think he messes up but that performance on Sunday was down to players not doing the basics.They need a bomb under them before the Arsenal game. Give them a bit more time before calling for wholesale changes.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keane16 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:49 am

Houllier is a superb manager, I don't know what you lot are moaning about. Who needs the Champions League anyway?
Keane16

Postby bladerunner » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:28 am

how much more time does he need for goodness sake...
bladerunner

Postby robbywood2003 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:21 pm

Well I think hes a great manager but I think we need someone better.
robbywood2003

Postby TJAMES » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:50 pm

ISNT BAD BUT WE CAN DO A LOT BETTER THAT HIM SOMEONE WITH MONEY WILL DO PERHAPPS ROMAN ABOMAVITCH
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:08 pm

:(  There,s only one name for me?....MARTIN O" NEILL!!
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TJAMES » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:11 pm

NOT ABAD CHOICE BUT NOT AS RICH AS ROMAN

MONEY IS EVERYTHING
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:30 pm

:( I dont think it,s all down to how "rich you are? more of how wisely you spend what money you have? GH has had over 100 million "sqid" since he took over, and squandard it on medieocre average players! that,s why the board are reluctant to give him more money.
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:54 am

The point is attitude.  When the manager accepts mediocre play it is addopted by the weaker (mentally) players.  We need to be sharp and assertive.  Houlier is neither.  Do you get a feeling from his interviews that he is a sharp and assertive fellow?  I don't, I see lethargy and it is unacceptable!!!!!!!
bedlovedays

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:42 am

The trouble with GH is he cant see past "french players"! and all these players [including certain other players]have one thing in common? they are ALL average!!! nothing special, no great qualities that i can see? but according to GH they are players with "potential"? they have had enough tme to prove themselves, it,s time we brought in players with PROVEN ability, it looks like GH is on "the french run" again! he now wants to bring forward the signings of cisse, and boumsong![would you beilive it? 2 more frogs]someone needs to point out to him there are more players worldwide than french. we will just have ride this season out and hope by next year we have a manager in charge who knows quality, and potential when he sees it!.
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TJAMES » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:22 am

I ADMIT THE PLAYERS ARE AVERAGE TO A CERTAIN EXTENT BUT LOOK AT MILLAN BAROS
sup ppl
TJAMES

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion