The curse of houlier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby wiped » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:58 pm

I firmly believe we are in for a topsy turvy season this year and maybe beyond due to the fact that Houlier has left an awful lot of sh!te players on our books. Yes Rafa has brought in 3 new players (Garcia and especially Alonso looking excellent - Nunez unknown as yet due to injury) but there is too many Houlier rejects around the place to properly gel into a winning team ... it's going to take time to get them out , and get Rafa's choices in ... only then will we see the real Rafa vision.

If you were the new LFC manager - would you like to be facing the uphill task of tryin to get the best out of Kewell , Dudek ,  Biscan , Daio etc. ......  Houlier you ******!n mess - hope you're happy - nonce.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:18 pm

Houllier is no longer here and I can't blame Houllier for teams performance against Man Utd. Its up to the players whether they want to win or not, its up to them whether want to improve or not. The manager is there to help them with their skill and improve it and play intelligently with effort.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:26 pm

Well said A.B!! Its funny how people are quick to revert to the old "Houlliers fault" when we get beat now? That excuse is getting worse and worse now and while i admit that there are certain things Benitez will have to get to work on, to blame GH now for poor performances is not on.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:30 pm

I don't like Houllier and I didn't like his tactics but I can't blame him for the things that are going with the club now. True, he played players in the wrong positions and they never got the chance to show what they got, but yesterday they got that chance and didn't play as a team. No effort was put into that game, as if we didn't care.

The team who wanted to win the most won, that was Man Utd. I don't like Man Utd but they beat us at their own turf. Not a problem, now we can't lose any more games away anytime soon. Draws are better than losses when we are away.

Rafa is an intelligent manager, he will get to the weaknesses and make them our strengths, like he did with Valenica. All it takes is patience,hope and faith.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:00 am

~If we had Houllier here we would have nicked a goal and defended it stubbornly and won at Old Trafford. I think we should have invited him and Danny back just for the match ;)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glambertino » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:05 am

I don't think with how manure were playing last night we'd have managed to nick a goal and defend well.  I like Murphy and he did a lot for us (as we all remebered last night!) but I'm glad Alonso's in there now.  Things are going to get better.
glambertino

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:11 am

Bad game ****** happens.

To blame Houllier though is an insult to Liverpool Football club.

Go and "support" someone else.

T*ss*r!!
115-1073096938

Postby glambertino » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:13 am

I'm not blaming GH
glambertino

Postby Dalglish » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:10 am

I troo am getting a  bit tired of forum members reverting to that old chestnut "it's ALL Houlliers fault" ???  I've defended the man before on here and I will continue to do so. Does that mean i wanted him to stay ? NO. Dioes that mean i think benitez is not the right choice ? NO .

You can back the new manager and still respect the old you know or has respect for former servants of Liverpool Football Club no longer fashinable ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:11 am

wiped wrote:I firmly believe we are in for a topsy turvy season this year and maybe beyond due to the fact that Houlier has left an awful lot of sh!te players on our books. Yes Rafa has brought in 3 new players (Garcia and especially Alonso looking excellent - Nunez unknown as yet due to injury) but there is too many Houlier rejects around the place to properly gel into a winning team ... it's going to take time to get them out , and get Rafa's choices in ... only then will we see the real Rafa vision.

If you were the new LFC manager - would you like to be facing the uphill task of tryin to get the best out of Kewell , Dudek ,  Biscan , Daio etc. ......  Houlier you ******!n mess - hope you're happy - nonce.

cr#p
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:12 am

No , you misunderstand ... my point is that regardless of what Rafa hopes to do and achieve - he's stuck between a rock and a hard place so long as he's got a squad half-full of Houliers bad purchases. That is why I believe we will have Ups and Downs this season while Rafa is figuring out what he's got to work with .......... you cannot polish a turd.
I expect more of the same for the rest of the season - times when we can go from beating the Monaco's of this world , to losing to Man Ure's in the next game .. I'm tryin to be realistic and not set my expectations too high for this season - it's a season of evaluation.

As for Stu_the _Red - I can dislike Houlier and what he's done to Liverpool til the f*ckin cows come home - that's my choice - we're lucky we're not crippled in debt thanks to that man's complete and utter shambolic transfere dealings.
So go f*ck yourself.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 am

Wiped, we had a bad game and like it or not, Houllier is gone and we do have some players from his era as manager but it is up to them to take in the new manager's methods and translate it into a winning team on the pitch as much as it is up to the new manager to instill his ideas to these players.
No, Houllier's long gone and we can't blame him for this defeat as much as some of us would like to because the dislike for him. Everybody had a bad game, and perhaps the manager got it wrong as well.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:30 am

I wish people would stop talking ****** about GH, he's left and thats the end of it, Beni has got rid of most of the cr3p from the squad and the side on Monday night were capable of beating Man U but didn't look like they wanted it as much as Man U did, END OF!!!! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:49 am

I wouldn't read too much into Monday's result.

Man UTD were under serious pressure (as was Ferguson if you believe the rumours) and they, in their own context, really needed the win.

I think they would have beaten Arsenal or Chelsea had they played them on Monday as a lot of the football omens went their way. They had a poor start (despite having some fantastic players) and it was only a matter of time before they put in a very good performance.

We were just unlucky enough to be the opposition on the night.

Houllier made a lot of mistakes, yes, but he did some good as well. Either way he's gone now and we need to move on.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:52 am

why the hell are people still rabbiting on about houllier? he's gone. get over it. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion