Benitez v's houlier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:46 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Houllier's rubbish though isn't he. So yanno. No problem there.

thought you always think highly of Houlier? :)
Anyway, it would be a tough game for sure
whylongball?

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Lyon are on fire at the moment Houllier has them playing really well and are playing free flowing attacking football.......maybe he has learnt a lesson
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:54 pm

I agree the ones respecting Lyon, I would not want to see them in the next stage under ANY circunstamces, as a football team, they're more dangerous than Real Madrid.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:11 pm

whylongball? wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Houllier's rubbish though isn't he. So yanno. No problem there.

thought you always think highly of Houlier? :)
Anyway, it would be a tough game for sure

It is called irony, you know...  :cool:
radun5

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:35 pm

I'd give him a good welcome if he came back to anfield, it was time for him to go when he did but he did a lot for this club and bought some decent players and won some good cups.
AlanHansen

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:47 pm

Dalglish wrote:Seeing as Houllier appears to be the easy target for cheap shots (NOT the Liverpool Way by the way but I suppose a lot of us have forgotten that these days ! ??? ) I'll redress the balance and show the man a little respect as i'm sure Rafa Benitez will should they meet in the later stages.

Rafa will no doubt want to thank GH for buying the 9 players who started the CL Final last May enabling Rafa to enter the Hall of fame at Anfield ???

P.S. Its called "Grace" and it's afforded ANY former servant of Liverpool football Club so lay off Liverpoool's former servants ....

Here...Here....

If we did meet Lyon in the later stages, it would be a tough match.  Remember, they are unbeaten in their group - having beaten Real Madrid 3-0 in an earlier fixture.  They are no push overs.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:51 pm

I'd respect GH if he hadn'st taken £5m from us to pi$s off.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:28 pm

I think it's written in the stars we'll play them. i do. If we do play them, I'm sure GH will get a good reception, but let's not forget, Rafa's our manager now.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:33 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:If we did meet Lyon in the later stages, it would be a tough match.  Remember, they are unbeaten in their group - having beaten Real Madrid 3-0 in an earlier fixture.  They are no push overs.

Bayer Leverkeusen beat Real Madrid 3-0 in their group last season and look what happened to them when they played us. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion