The curse of houlier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:43 am

LFC #1 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Hi banana, long time no speak, nice to see you on here again.

However, the point is not that he inherited a crappy squad, its that the very same squad did finish seond and fourth in the last three years, so it is fundementally not "rotten to the core" as some people would have you belive.

Lest we forget GH did inherit the spice boys, and he did this club a big favour in the time he was here to irradicate the big time charlies who where eating up our season ticket money and not performing. The new Mellwood training complex is also largely down to him, and he gave Stevie G his chance.

Dont jump on my back, I just think it is time we stopped blaming GH for the predicament and started accepting that it will take time, but we are moving in the right direction.

agree with all you have said there Leon, very well summed up.

ditto
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:03 am

Paul C wrote:I wish people would stop talking ****** about GH, he's left and thats the end of it, Beni has got rid of most of the cr3p from the squad and the side on Monday night were capable of beating Man U but didn't look like they wanted it as much as Man U did, END OF!!!! :angry:

I agree Leon as per my previous post (see quote)  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:10 pm

Paul C wrote:
Paul C wrote:I wish people would stop talking ****** about GH, he's left and thats the end of it, Beni has got rid of most of the cr3p from the squad and the side on Monday night were capable of beating Man U but didn't look like they wanted it as much as Man U did, END OF!!!! :angry:

I agree Leon as per my previous post (see quote)  :;):

i want to try and add some balance to the argument ifr i can.

although i dont think we should keep going on about houllier, we've got to hold back from criticising him so soon, as its not his team. the facts are, it is houllier's team ,bar a few signings.

we shouldnt be lookin to blame anything on anyone at this moment, but people are gonna be critical, its important to realise that benitez has inherited houllier's squad. of course thats gonna be a factor in the way we are playing. to deny that is blind. read chris bascombe's interview for the same opinion. the ****** players are his.  but lets not moan anymore, lets just realise that benitez needs time to make the current players play better, or replace them if they're incapable.

yes you can blame our shortcomings on houllier beacuse its his squad. but its pointless. just get behind benitez, as its up to him to make it better, and be patient
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:38 pm

Critcism of Houllier is justified but a touch pointless at this stage. He'll probably go down, like Evans before him, as being too nice a fella for the job.
Theres no question though that over a period of probably 15 years we've bought more rubbish than quality and paid over the odds for it. Nobody gets it right all the time, even Wenger paid big money for Jeffers and Wiltord, but if you consistently get it wrong you are going to erode the quality in the squad as sure as night follows day. I guess I've just gone back on myself there for criticising Houllier again but there you go.
At least with this manager, so-far all his buys (not counting Nunez cos we haven't seen him as yet) have appeared to represent value. I posted on another thread that were he to be given 14 mill to buy a striker that I've a sneaking suspicion he would buy one better than Cisse as well.  :;):
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion