Heinze anyone? - move to liverpool turned down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:23 pm

roberto green wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:Why dont we give our feeder club in Switzlerland the money to by him then just loan him back to us lol. 

Now that wud be class.

Yean that was my idea about 100 posts back i think that would work tho we would have to be more sneaky with it rafa call up milan they owes us one.

i think you would find this is my idea even further back,i even phoned rafa and suggested it to him, no seriously i suggested it ages ago if i remember correctly some european team did it last year, united can sell him at a lower price then we will buy him for 1m extra so everyone is a winner apart from that bitter knobhead :veryangry

no that was my idea

i was the one who suggested it to some european club last year

:p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Sean » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Last season Henry publicly stated his love of playing at anfield.  Clearly, Heinze must have been impressed when playing there with utd.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:06 am

destro wrote:Premier League Statement

Thats what they have come out and said, i was just wondering , it would seem ( even though it has not been mentioned in the statement) that one of the major factors in Man Uniteds deffence and their confidence in it was a "Taped conversation", now i am no lawyer but i always thought that taped conversations, unless all parties are awre of the fact they are being taped are inadmissible in court ? Surely if Heinze had known about the taped conversation then he would not of gone as far as he did to get them to allow him to sign for Liverpool ?

If he didnt know , then he might just have a case if he decides to take it further, just wondered :)

the thing is manure got the upper hand in this case because...

the only legally binding 'agreement' in this case is the contract that heinze signed... which is still 2 years left to go...

the letter that heinze received that he claimed gave him permission to join another club is not a legal document... that's why they said it's just "and agreement to agree" and nothing set legally... I had a similar problem with an apartment owner who's place i wanted to rent...:D  legally binding agreements need to be with proper contract papers which need stamps and shti like that... at least in my country...

So legally united still owns him... heinze can't do anything because HE signed the contract... I don't think it will help even if he go to the european courts... end of story...

anything else doesn't matter in this case... whether there are any taped conversations or whatever...and I don't know what kind of lawyers heinze have... they should all be fired...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:11 am

Blessing in disguise in my opinion. I have never rated him that highly anyway.Was clearly exposed at the Copa America tourney.
club_Levis

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:06 am

Id rather Rafa spend the money on someone younger anyway. I just hope though Aurelio and Kewell gets fit soon.

If Risse were to get injured we would be in a spot of trouble.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:53 am

There's also Insua waiting to break into the first team. I don't know much about him, but thought he did okay in the summer (from the little I seen of him).
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:08 am

Insua got rave reviews after he started playing in the reserves and as word had it back in Feb he would be the first youth player if you like knocking on the door, he could be a real future asset for the the club.

However, I don't think it will be the end of the Heinze saga either and what a bonus it would be to a player like Insua having his country man to learn the ropes off.

I agree with the earlier post about not buying or selling to scum but Heinze has stuck his neck out to try and come to us so fair play to him!
LFC1982

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:58 pm

I'm particularly intrigued by the very last line of this. Looks like a typo to me (ie: should be "can" instead of "will").

He clearly isn't interested in another club. The longer this runs, the more embarrassing it'll become for Man U.

From BBC...

-----------------------
Heinze questions Man Utd future

Gabriel Heinze has conceded he may have no future at Manchester United after he was prevented from joining Liverpool.

A Premier League panel ruled that Heinze, 29, could not force United to sell him to their bitter rivals.

The Argentine defender told the Daily Mirror: "This is not a war but I have to consider my stay at Manchester United is finished.

"I am not anti-United but I only wanted to defend my right to search for another club without restriction."

Heinze took his case for a move to Anfield to the Premier League and produced a letter from United chief executive David Gill, which confirmed he could leave Old Trafford for £6.8m.

But a Premier League panel ruled the letter did not constitute consent for Heinze to leave.

He is desperate for a transfer but Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez's desire to sign Heinze has been firmly rebuffed by the Premier League champions.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Gill have unequivocally rejected Heinze's request to become the first player in more than 40 years to leave Old Trafford for Anfield.

The Argentine's heart is set on a move to Liverpool and he dismissed speculation linking him with French champions Lyon, despite coach Alain Perrin stressing Heinze is on his wanted list.

He added: "I am tired about rumours linking me with France, Italy and Spain.

"I have never spoken with clubs in these countries because in my head the only option is Liverpool.

"My hope was to negotiate a transfer to Liverpool but, unfortunately, the Premier League decided in favour of United.

"The decision is a painful one but my lawyers are still searching for a solution, one that is favourable to all parties."

Lyon coach Perrin said: "We are waiting for a response about Gabriel Heinze, he really has the profile of the player we are looking for."

Heinze is set to appeal against the Premier League panel's decision but it could undermine his chances of moving before the transfer window closes on 31 August.

United have 14 days to respond to any appeal so their response could be delivered after the transfer deadline.

But the Premier League will use its discretionary powers to let Heinze leave Old Trafford after the deadline.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:00 pm

club_Levis wrote:Blessing in disguise in my opinion. I have never rated him that highly anyway.Was clearly exposed at the Copa America tourney.

Arbeloa would cost us nothing (as he's our's!) and is up to the job. £6.9m for an ex-manc is too much, I think we're just fine with Arbeloa and Riise (for weaker opponents)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:13 pm

mramo

Postby The_Rock » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:29 pm

redhayesy wrote:i know i won"t be to popular with some of you, but i am old school & i am delighted
with today"s news, just the thought of signing a manc made me have feckin sleepless
nights!! for me it was bad enough when roy evans signed paul ince! it was the worst
thing evans did and couldn"t give a feck how good a player is it"s about princibles,
(that"s what i mean about old school) once a manc always a manc end of imo
let"s face it, and answer this guys & gals in all honesty if one of our players
as linked let alone sold to the scum -how would you feel, you can guess what my
reaction would be! so please raffa no more talk of signing scum, i have servere
bags under my eyes as it is, and for what it is worth i don"t rate Heinze much
anyway -if he isn"t good enough for the scum he isn"t good enough for us.

If we do sign henize, i think we would have the best defence in this league..... (yes, i do think riise is our weak link and although arbeloa has played well, he is not left footed). So i kinda dis-agree with your opinion.

And Henize has won a lot of brownie points IMO.....He has publicly stated that he wants out of manure and then to play for us...What more can you ask from a classy player like that.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:33 pm

mramo wrote:Scum agree fee with Real Madrid for Heinze!

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_2678362,00.html

If this is true then watch this space because heinze will be here very soon with rafas connections i wouldnt be surprised if he comes to us a week later or so, i would love it especially to see man u's reaction :idea
roberto green

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:38 pm

roberto green wrote:

If this is true then watch this space because heinze will be here very soon with rafas connections i wouldnt be surprised if he comes to us a week later or so, i would love it especially to see man u's reaction :idea

I thought a player could not be registered with more than 2 clubs in one season??
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby roberto green » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
roberto green wrote:

I thought a player could not be registered with more than 2 clubs in one season??

no thats if your on loan it think? :nod
roberto green

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:20 pm

Sources close to the player have confirmed Heinze will lodge an appeal against the League's decision to block his proposed move to Liverpool 'within 24 hours'.

United would then have 14 days to respond, which would take the case beyond the date at which the transfer window is due to close on all business, effectively tying Heinze to the Old Trafford outfit, a situation none of the parties wants.

However, recognising the delicate nature of the issue, the Premier League will invoke rule M4, which allows them to clear transfers under their own jurisdiction after the deadline.

In effect, it means should Heinze win his appeal, he could join Liverpool, while if he loses he would be allowed to quit United for another English club.

The latter scenario seems unlikely given one of the major components of United's successful defence was the wording in a letter sent to Heinze's agent made it clear they were only willing to sell to an overseas club.

However, it does offer both United and Heinze an extra escape route should the appeal fail as Sir Alex Ferguson now accepts the full-back, the Red Devils player of the year in his first season at the club, has no future at Old Trafford.

Already annoyed at Heinze's public courting of their fierce north-west rivals, anger among the United faithful has risen even more at the prospect of the former Paris St Germain defender appealing against the verdict, which prevents him becoming the first player since 1964 to join the Anfield outfit from the Premier League champions.

Ferguson knows Heinze is close friends with Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, so it would serve no purpose to have a disaffected player at the club's Carrington training HQ either.

The feeling at United remains that Heinze will eventually turn his back on his dream Liverpool move and opt to move abroad, believing the 29-year-old is eager to tie up what in effect will be the last lucrative contract of his career.

from soccernet
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion