Heinze anyone? - move to liverpool turned down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:38 pm

I've got two takes on this .

1, From a purely selfish point of view I was beginning to wonder if close to £7 million was actually a good deal for lfc for a player who at 29 is past his best , and would possibly give us at most two good seasons before we needed to seek a replacement. Would have loved to see the manc faces when Heinze ran out in a LFC shirt but maybe in the longer term it's not a decision that hurts us .

2, Slavery is still alive and well in the uk , well , the premiership at least . the fella is clearly up for sale. his bosses don't wan't him BUT they still have the right to decide who he will be sold to despite the fact that their asking price has been met by LFC . I would hope that Heinze takes this to the European court but that could well be the end of his career. He has two years left on his contract , at 29 by the time any European ruling is arrived at his career would be over  , the fella is basically stuck with going to whoever the scum decide to sell him too OR spending the rest of his contract (2 years) training with the youth team. It stinks , and should bre a warning to any player who thinks about signing for the Scum.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby destro » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:47 pm

I think we really should let it go now, i heard that we didn't even send a representative to the hearing because he had his own legal team, we have come out of this O.K IMO its not like we begged and begged to let him join us, he was the one doing all the talking. Had we of got involved in the whole hearing thing and then decided to appeal it would of looked desperate on our part, and we should never look desperate to sign their second choice left back or any of their other players, it will hopefully like i have said before disrupt their camp and that is not a bad result.

It was good to see a player show such determination to sign for us knowing it could go against him, hopefully he will pursue it himself now and try to get the result over turned, if  he is successful then so be it, just as long as we stay out of it.

If they sell him to one of the other clubs linked with him for 3 Million less then it will be them who come out of this looking desperate, and childish.
destro

Postby MightyLFC » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:47 pm

United probably give the F.A back handers because they won the Tevez case and won the Henzie case.  :veryangry
MightyLFC

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:07 pm

Image  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:20 pm

Premier League Statement

Thats what they have come out and said, i was just wondering , it would seem ( even though it has not been mentioned in the statement) that one of the major factors in Man Uniteds deffence and their confidence in it was a "Taped conversation", now i am no lawyer but i always thought that taped conversations, unless all parties are awre of the fact they are being taped are inadmissible in court ? Surely if Heinze had known about the taped conversation then he would not of gone as far as he did to get them to allow him to sign for Liverpool ?

If he didnt know , then he might just have a case if he decides to take it further, just wondered :)
destro

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:34 pm

OK then - the Premier league bigwigs are all gay. There's no other explaination. They all of them take it up the bum.

Roll on January, when Heinze can buy-out his contract and bugger Ferguson with the rolled-up paperwork.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:40 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Roll on January, when Heinze can buy-out his contract

Is that true Lando ?

If so would love to see Rafa tell Heinze to sit tight and we'll supply the cash.

As i said earlier , I don't think losing the prospect of signing Heinze is a bad  thing, but wtf any chance to stick it to the Scum is worth taking .   :D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:56 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=472253&in_page_id=1779

SOB

Sir Alex Ferguson has taunted bitter rivals Liverpool over their pursuit of Gabriel Heinze yesterday and insisted they are wasting their time asking the Premier League to step into the row over the Manchester United defender's future.

Informed that Liverpool chiefs had contacted the Premier League with a request to intervene over United's refusal to let Heinze move to Anfield, Ferguson smiled broadly and said: "That will take years."

The United manager was just as dismissive of Liverpool's chances of winning an increasingly acrimonious battle for the Argentina left-back as he added: "They can do what they like. We are confident about the situation and what the outcome will be."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redmikey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:25 pm

i hate the red faced jock ,BUT that is exactly the mindset i would want rafa to show if manure came in for finnan, basically he could go but not to you

i am glad we haven't signed him as it is alot to pay for a utility player that doesn't show any loyalty to his club and he is 29

baines would have been a better bet at his age ,and with aerbalo really setting in the club like he has been here years i think it was money wasted
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Roll on January, when Heinze can buy-out his contract

Is that true Lando ?

If so would love to see Rafa tell Heinze to sit tight and we'll supply the cash.

As i said earlier , I don't think losing the prospect of signing Heinze is a bad  thing, but wtf any chance to stick it to the Scum is worth taking .   :D

It looks like he can only buyout his contract at the end of the season now, the rules state "He must give his club formal notice within 15 days of the last match of his club's season (domestic or European, whichever comes later) in order to leave that summer."

Buyout Clause explained ?
destro

Postby MightyLFC » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:19 pm

MightyLFC

Postby redhayesy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 pm

i know i won"t be to popular with some of you, but i am old school & i am delighted
with today"s news, just the thought of signing a manc made me have feckin sleepless
nights!! for me it was bad enough when roy evans signed paul ince! it was the worst
thing evans did and couldn"t give a feck how good a player is it"s about princibles,
(that"s what i mean about old school) once a manc always a manc end of imo
let"s face it, and answer this guys & gals in all honesty if one of our players
as linked let alone sold to the scum -how would you feel, you can guess what my
reaction would be! so please raffa no more talk of signing scum, i have servere
bags under my eyes as it is, and for what it is worth i don"t rate Heinze much
anyway -if he isn"t good enough for the scum he isn"t good enough for us.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 pm

If i was him and i was 29 and i was being told that basicly a team would ruin the end of my career and not let me leave.

I would stay pretend i was happy score a own goal every game they played me and leave on a bosman and make sure man u scum bags lost all rights on a transfer fee for me.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Why dont we give our feeder club in Switzlerland the money to by him then just loan him back to us lol. 

Now that wud be class.

Yean that was my idea about 100 posts back i think that would work tho we would have to be more sneaky with it rafa call up milan they owes us one.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:00 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:Why dont we give our feeder club in Switzlerland the money to by him then just loan him back to us lol. 

Now that wud be class.

Yean that was my idea about 100 posts back i think that would work tho we would have to be more sneaky with it rafa call up milan they owes us one.

i think you would find this is my idea even further back,i even phoned rafa and suggested it to him, no seriously i suggested it ages ago if i remember correctly some european team did it last year, united can sell him at a lower price then we will buy him for 1m extra so everyone is a winner apart from that bitter knobhead :veryangry
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion