GLEN JOHNSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 am

I am with the majority on this one Yakka.

Johnson has been absolutely abysmal this season.
What is most confusing to me is just how bad he is, and how this has happened.
I honestly watch him and think he's forgotton what to do when he moves forward.
He bombs forward, gets into a half decent position, players make good runs off him and he holds onto the ball and gers intercepted 9 times out of 10.
This season for me watching him has been like watching someone playing sunday morning after being on the lash on the Saturday night.
Given his age and salary there is no reason to keep him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 am wrote:I am with the majority on this one Yakka.

Johnson has been absolutely abysmal this season.
What is most confusing to me is just how bad he is, and how this has happened.
I honestly watch him and think he's forgotton what to do when he moves forward.
He bombs forward, gets into a half decent position, players make good runs off him and he holds onto the ball and gers intercepted 9 times out of 10.
This season for me watching him has been like watching someone playing sunday morning after being on the lash on the Saturday night.
Given his age and salary there is no reason to keep him.

this /\  :nod
i said it before, for a lad that enjoys some amount of possession during games he does nothing with it. runs into dead ends all the time when he should be passing players and having shots or assists with the odd goal.
id really love to know what they are coaching him to do, if its to look stupid then he is a massive success.
the crux of it is that we need better from the fullbacks seen as we rely so heavily on them and whether johnson goes or not, its a position that needs improving on now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Sun May 18, 2014 12:48 am

I understand a Glen Johnsons contract will be allowed to run down

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Liverpool

Not sure this makes business sense at all
mramo

Postby killerp » Sun May 18, 2014 9:11 am

mramo » Sat May 17, 2014 11:48 pm wrote:I understand a Glen Johnsons contract will be allowed to run down

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Liverpool

Not sure this makes business sense at all

I would not offer Johnson a squirt of ***** after this season. I very happy we are not extended his contract even if we take a hit on the finances.

£110000 a week is ludicrous for his services.
killerp

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 18, 2014 5:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm wrote:f*ck all to do with coincidence then ? More to do with the players ability to totally and irrefutably ( according to the mirror ) transform a
game with a swish of his magic boots. I'm so glad he's around to carry our dreams ,and not all fans like myself seemingly  judge a player
on what they see in terms of effort on the pitch...... rather the weight afforded by the stats.
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 13, 2014 7:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 13, 2014 5:32 pm wrote:This stat was in today's Daily mirror -
Our win percentage this season when Johnson was in the team - 72.4%
Our win percentage this season when Johnson was out through injury - 55.6%

Your an intelligent poster mate ,but you do yourself a disservice with your support of the player in question.

I'm not saying he's had a good season mate, I'm just saying some of the vitriolic criticism of him is unwarranted, some people are saying he's the worst player ever to play for us and ridiculous shyte like that.
Is he honestly worse than Sean Dundee or Ivan Kozma?
He's been poor, but plenty of other players have had prolonged dips in form this season too and many of them weren't carrying a knock like Johnson.

If his waning ability was simply due to a loss of form then I could understand posters supporting his apparent inertia ,but he's put in far too many
abject performances for it to be simply a matter of finding his feet again. I don't think I have ever even remotely suggested he's the worst player
to pull on the shirt mate ,but this season its safe to say he would run 'Torben Piechnik ' close in terms of his level of importance to the team.  :;):
Although I would say the critique he has received from posters given his role in seeing our back four regularly  pulled all over the shop firmly in my
mind leaves him as possibly the biggest catalyst for the collapse of our title charge ,so in that respect then the caustic comments are warranted.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 am

Glen Johnson and Bryan Ruiz clash before World Cup with DNA battle

England and Costa Rica will meet in Group D finale at Brazil 2014 the three Lions full-back has 'perfect genetic make-up for defender'

Glen Johnson and Bryan Ruiz will line up for their final Group D match at the World Cup with intimate knowledge of each other’s DNA.
The pair, who are set to play for England and Costa Rica in Brazil, have become the first footballers to undergo a revolutionary genetic
examination and reveal the results.

British company DNAFit Life Sciences have devised a series of tests to measure athletes’ physical capabilities and devise bespoke training
regimes.Johnson was found to have a good balance between power and endurance, as well as genes associated with fast-twitch muscle fibres
that aid bursts of speed and jumping.

His aerobic potential was measured as very high but he was found to need a diet low in refined carbs like white bread and potatoes.

Ruiz was found to have quick recovery time from exercise, so perhaps he will be the fresher of the pair after two games come June 24.
Johnson said: ‘To have this data to show me the best ways to train and to eat so I can be at the top of my game is a remarkable advance.’
Dr Keith Grimaldi, who developed the test, said the results showed Johnson ‘has the perfect genetic make-up for a defender’.

So all we needed to do with Johnson was feed him a couple of slices of Warburton's  and a King Edward ......foresight eh
I don't suppose this DNA test found any work in him  ???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2642162/Glen-Johnson-Bryan-Ruiz-clash-World-Cup-DNA-battle.html
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu May 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Personally I struggled to see what he has given for a long time.

At first his attacking intent and pace was a breath of fresh air, however very quickly, it become apparent he didnt have a clue. His decision making and use of the ball have quite frankly been nothing short of embarrassing at times and I dont think Ive ever seen a player over run a ball out of play so many times at any level of the game. If he doesnt pass it to Skrtel, he gives the thing away, he never stops a cross and his decisions arent even upto standard of a good amateur player.  How on earth heś appeared for England is absolutely beyond me and this sesaons performances clearly prove heś only ever been picked on false reputation.

The laughable thing is, he actually thinks hes a good player. In all honesty, heś a complete embarrassment and imposter of a player. Heś one of the worst first team regulars this club has ever seen and his lack of contribution is absolutely criminal.

I cant be any more polite about Johnson, for me heś that bad that the only option is to release him on a free transfer and get him out of the door as soon as possible.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:12 am

Glen Johnson will be a test for Rodgers.

Player that is clearly on the slide but still commanding a regular international place and
in turn has expectations of a lucrative contract.

I know Rodgers speaks well of him publicly but Christ almighty, I will be gutted if we give
in to his demands.

Thing is with Johnson is he is magnificent at acting out the role of a decent full back for
anyone with an untrained eye, a Hollywood player with little substance.

Surely Brendan wont fall for him  :lookaround
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:45 am

parchpea » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:12 am wrote:Glen Johnson will be a test for Rodgers.

Player that is clearly on the slide but still commanding a regular international place and
in turn has expectations of a lucrative contract.

I know Rodgers speaks well of him publicly but Christ almighty, I will be gutted if we give
in to his demands.

Thing is with Johnson is he is magnificent at acting out the role of a decent full back for
anyone with an untrained eye, a Hollywood player with little substance.

Surely Brendan wont fall for him  :lookaround

Everyone else seems to though, that's the big worry. I really don't understand what it is people rate about him... his touch is poor most of the time, occasionally he'll pull out a worldy, his decision making is amateurish at best, he NEVER stops a cross going into the box, he's scored TWICE in the last three seasons and he never gets an assist, he constantly runs the ball out of play or into traffic and his passing is only ever successful when he's passing to the right sided centre half! The only positive I can see from his game is the positions he takes up in attacking area's, he usually offers good width, apart from that, NOTHING! He's not even quick anymore.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:52 am

Johnson will be here next season I think so we better get used to it.

Nobody is going to pay him what he gets here on top of a transfer fee (even a fairly nominal one), so most likely he'll run his contract down and leave next summer.

Nobody that is, except Harry Redknapp!  He's the only manager I've heard is interested in Johnson, but surely QPR have learnt their lesson about offering huge wages to ageing players after their last spell in the Premiership.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:34 am

who knows, maybe he'll have a stormer in the world cup and power England on to win the trophy and leave for us for 20 million....

Then again, maybe Scarlett Johansson will return my calls for a date  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:21 pm

You have her number? :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:21 am wrote:You have her number? :D

sadly not.

Instead, I open the window and CALL for her to go on a date. So far i've had no response  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Yeah we heard you the other day... We just laugh and I carry on ploughing her though.

Must admit it gets off putting sometimes :D

*oh Sh*t woof will be onto us in minute for derailing the thread*
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 am wrote:Yeah we heard you the other day... We just laugh and I carry on ploughing her though.

Must admit it gets off putting sometimes :D

*oh Sh*t woof will be onto us in minute for derailing the thread*

No I think you guys will be fine. This conversation currently adds more value than Johnson has all season.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion