Gerrard - More speculation......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieRed » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:50 am

A lot in todays Press about stevie considering Chelsea bid AGAIN... this time 40Million and 125,000 a week.. As live in oz only can read newspapers on the net.. any news over there.. SAY IT ISNT SO!!!!!!!!!
AussieRed

Postby mynameisred » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:00 am

No dont worry you have obviously got the wrong Gerard. Thats how much Abramavic is paying Houllier to keep away from his club. Our Stevie aint going nowhere, DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!! If we did can you imagine the team Spurs would have every year.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:10 pm

I've just been speaking to a Manc supporter who is employed by the bluenoses in a pretty high position. He doesn't talk rubbish usually and he does give good inside info.
He's adamant that we will be losing a "name" before the start of the season because we need the finances for the new management.
I do know that the end of season meeting with the first team squad, held at the Academy with Rick Parry,resulted in the main players supporting Curbishley for the vacancy. This was ignored and Benitez sought.
Some of the main players couldn't see why they were asked in the first place if they were just going to be ignored and there is a rift forming between them and the board. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Stevie goes and I don't know if we can recover from such a loss as he is our future.
The obvious answer is for Morgan to come in but once again personalities are taking over "the greater good".
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:20 pm

Has anybody got any good news ? I was looking forward to relaxing watching football all day.  Now i'm beginning to sweat with fear.  Every time Gerrard is on the screen tonight i'll be reminded that he could have played his last game for Liverpool.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:27 pm

I'm going to be completely and utterly selfish and hope that Steven Gerrard gets an injury tonight and doesn't return to fitness until September, just to ensure that he stays!

Man, that is selfish!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:31 pm

The board would be setting themselves up for a massive showdown with supporters if stevie goes.Nothing would surprise me though.They have obviously promised Benitez big money to spend and need to find it from somewhere.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:45 pm

I spoke to the second cousin twice removed of the father of the Chelsea chairmans, aunties best mates relative, and they too confirmed it.

Chelsea are ****** that is.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:47 pm

Laugh if you want to but the guy who told me knows the inside stories.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:49 pm

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Te Hee hee

:D
:laugh:
:p
:D
:laugh:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:19 pm

If the board want money we have about 8 players that I'd gladly see the back of.  ****** as they are surely we could average £3.5 million per player which would bring in £28 mill.
If that fails flog Michael Owen to the highest bidder, but if we sell our soul and allow Gerrard go to another premiership team our days are numbered.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:41 pm

If he wants to go than he should go,theres not a lot we could do about it.40M plus Damien Duff would make ease the pain a bit.He doesnt want to go though does he?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:46 pm

That mightn't be a good idea greenred.  Accordng to todays reports, Duffs shoulder is knackered and he'll be out of the first two months of next season.  After watching Spain last night I'd rather we make a move for Vicente.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:53 pm

So he`ll miss France and Switzerland away? thanks Sean,you just ruined my day :D  Vicente looked good but those spaniards dont come cheap.Benitez would help though.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:13 am

I can't imagine Stevie G leaving Liverpool for Chelski, I mean the excuse that he wants to leave for a chance to win more trophies doesn't add up.... I mean Chelski haven't won anything in like....... ever.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:17 am

Marvellous player, Vicente. He was part of the catalyst to the Valencia team.
If Beni brings Vicente over, I'll say bye bye to Kewell.
Brings me back to SG.... If sold, who to replace him???
There may be players of his skill, stamina and strength. But none matches his desire to win.
SG has to be sold very very high, 100mil. :D

I still can't believe the mistake he made....... I felt sorry for SG.
But its these little loss in concentration that makes you do funny things.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion