Fowlers book - Anyone read it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:24 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:GOT THIS BOOK AT CHRIMBO AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING BUT AT THE MOMENT I'M READING THE GUILLEM BALAGUE BOOK WHICH IS FANTASTIC; IT REALLY GIVES YOU AN INSIDE LOOK AT HOW RAFA RUNS HIS TEAM AND THE WORK THAT WENT ON BEHIND THE SCENES IN THE BUILD UP AND DURING THAT EVENTFUL NIGHT IN ISTANBUL.

A DEFFO MUST READ.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:34 pm

Fowler is washed up, not even Norwich will take a chance on him.

There is a very real chance he'll never play Premiership football again.

He's still being paid astronomical wages and nobody can justify paying him what he looks for for a 7 or 8 goals a season return.

Its sad but the fault lies with Robbie. He has more than made his money (he's one of the wealtiest sportsmen in Britain) and all of his hunger seems to have disipated. Fowler is still only 30 and as many former players say, you are out of the game long enough when you retire, so you might as well keep going for as long as you can. While no amount of money can now motivate Fowler, surely the prospect of playing another three or four seasons at the highest level should?

If I was Fowler sitting on all my riches I would get myself fit and not be too greedy with my wage demands. He has his money, surely another 60 or 70 goals and a possibility of another winners medal somewhere would be nice to add to his wealth.

Fowler needs to look to the example of someone like Pepe Signori or Roberto Baggio. Both of these guys were multi millionaires by the time they were Fowler's age yet kept playing into their late 30s for the glory and love of the game.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:32 pm

JBG would you have him back? If you have read his book you would. He basically says that he was banking n a Anfield return but the board wouldnt give Houllier money after the DIOUFCHEYROUDIAO episode. He was then sld to City and he talks of how he nearly retired and broke down to Keegan and Pearce, saying that he was scared he was never gonna be right mentally. I think he will now only ever return to his 94959697 form if he returns here. If we get him back i think he would bang em in again. Reading that book i had tears in my eyes, just thinking abut how he has fallen from grace. :(
CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP FOWLER!!!!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:42 pm

No. He's finished.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sean » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:06 pm

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.............Say it ain't so JBG !!!
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 am

I don't see the harm in allowing Robbie to train with our lads, get fit, and have a pay-as-you-play deal.

He deserves that at least.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:36 pm

I always thought Fowler looked half a stone overweight from 2001 onwards but he claims in the book that even now he plays at virtually the same weight as in his golden years. I always wondered why he didn't get himself in the gym, work his :censored: off and get back to tiptop condition but he reckons if he loses any weight he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

He won't play for City again coz they have to cough up another 500,000 if he has two more games. Unless someone like West-Brom or Pompey come in for him i really don't see him carrying on in the top flight next season.

Would be great if he could come back to the Pool for a day so he can retire as a Red though.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 pm

He's only 30.

He could get fit, 6 months of fitness training and he'd be right up there again. He hasn't lost his touch or skill and he won't have lost his intelligence.

Confidence? Maybe a bit, but if he came back to Liverpool he'd regain some confidence, i'm sure he'd regain his appetite and his fitness aswell.

He'll never reach the heights he set himself, but to suggest he couldn't perform at the top level of the game and at be better than Cisse and Baros at this level i think is madness.

I'd have him back in a second.
115-1073096938

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:12 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He's only 30.

He could get fit, 6 months of fitness training and he'd be right up there again. He hasn't lost his touch or skill and he won't have lost his intelligence.

Confidence? Maybe a bit, but if he came back to Liverpool he'd regain some confidence, i'm sure he'd regain his appetite and his fitness aswell.

He'll never reach the heights he set himself, but to suggest he couldn't perform at the top level of the game and at be better than Cisse and Baros at this level i think is madness.

I'd have him back in a second.

:bowdown
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:12 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I don't see the harm in allowing Robbie to train with our lads, get fit, and have a pay-as-you-play deal.

He deserves that at least.

Good comment, my mate actually said the same thing in the pub before Christmas.  Of course there's always a danger of him being a poor imitation of the Fowler we love if he returns.  I wouldn't want his name tarnished in a red shirt so it's a no for me.
Red Indian

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:15 pm

got his book for christmas, looking forward to reading it cos he's just a true, bona-fide f*ckin legend as far as i'm concerned

the romantic in me says i'd bring him back to anfield in a flash if he pulled himself together, the realist in me says he'll never be the cheeky little goal-machine urchin we all adored so much

it's a crying shame but i'm afraid he's past it and we've moved on as a club :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:26 pm

Woollyback wrote:got his book for christmas, looking forward to reading it cos he's just a true, bona-fide f*ckin legend as far as i'm concerned

the romantic in me says i'd bring him back to anfield in a flash if he pulled himself together, the realist in me says he'll never be the cheeky little goal-machine urchin we all adored so much

it's a crying shame but i'm afraid he's past it and we've moved on as a club :(

on the subject, without trying to sound dramatic, the book made me cry when i thought about him back in the day, and how he describes things now.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:31 pm

Its sad in a way, for Robbie last night in the game against Spurs, he was warming up then trackie off ready to come on, then got told to put his coat back on.
Then pierce brought Bradley Wright Phillips on, and I was thinking FFS what might have been hey?
He could have still been here and still banging them in.
Liverpool legend and for sentimental reasons would love him back till the end of the season.
But realisticly he isnt hungry for goals or football he's the second richest player in europe.
So you just have to remember the great times he gave us.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:33 pm

Will you do my ironing for me? :D :hearts
115-1073096938

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:34 pm

WE CAN ALWAYS DREAM............
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext