Carras new book - Boss read.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 pm

There lies the problem (one of them at least)
Yooj Bigullz

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:10 pm

why is it a problem ? the kids may well turn out to be good enough once developed . Arsenal playing kids has won them what in the last 4 years ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:15 pm

One problem is that the kids dont seem to be good enough (in Rafas eyes) yet he continues to pick :censored: like Kuyt, who he must think is good enough
Yooj Bigullz

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Yeah but they may not be good enough at the moment but could well be good enough within the next couple of years - think some will make it some wont - its the way you go with youngsters these days . Think players like Inusa,Darby,Spearing,Nemeth,Pacheco and San Jose have the greatest chance plus players like hammill and anderson . Just got to pick the right time when to introduce them to the first team . Yeah are doing very well in the ressies at the moment its just finiding out if they can make that step up and finding a chance for them to prove it without damaging our own prospects in the league . Think we will see a few of them in the CC and hopefully player will grab that chance. And yeah he does think kuyt is good enough and im guessing he keeps proving it to rafa that he is good enough .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I see what you're saying about the youth, but if they're not close to the first team around 18/19 then it doesnt bode well I think. I'm not sure what you mean about Kuyt, is Rafa easily pleased? In which case the kids must be pretty dire if they're not getting a sniff
Yooj Bigullz

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Well they might be close to the first team mate but who would people prefer playing ? seasoned international players with prem experience or kids with none - its only the really special players that shake the football world at a young age - Owen,Rooney,Gerrard,Fabregas etc where as other players take time to bloom . I have seen the kids and they arent dire - i think pretty much 3  at least could be comfortable coming off the bench- nemeth,darby and insua and expect this season they will get chance.

And as for kuyt he must be doing what the manager wants as he is getting picked and when he plays the majority of the time he doe what is asked of him and pops up with goals. I dont htink Rafa is easily pleased myself .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:36 pm

I can only speak for myself but I'd prefer the best man for the job, regardless of status or international experience. Nobody expects these kids to shake the football world, and I'd wager most (English) prem players have been around the first team, genuinely, from around 18

I used Kuyt as an illustration because I think Rafas judgement is questionable at times, and as the worst player in the squad it is baffling he gets so much game time
Yooj Bigullz

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Worst player in the squad ? i wouldnt say that at all . a number of times kuyt has stepped up and delivered for the team in crucial games . He isnt world class but he is an important member of the squad . In a 442 at right mid no , as a first striker no but as a right forward and second striker yes as he showed against leige and last season .

With most of the english prem players in first team squad around 18 how many of them are in the top clubs bar arsenal who sold most of there experience ? even chelsea have some great youth but not playing them . are any of the youngsters better than what we have in the first team squad ? well i dont think so at the moment . How many kids come through at man utd now ? pretty much none . they prefer to spend combined 30 mil ish on people like anderson and nani. the youngesters are mainly training with the first team now and i guess if they show in training they are good enough they will play . Its a waiting game with the kids really , you gotta see which ones will progress and which wont .

every manager makes poor questionable judgements on players but there isnt a great number of times they have been proved wrong with regards young players , you dont see or hear many of them going onto bigger things once a manager has released them .

Like i said sometimes managers cant win - they dont play the kids and they get critized they play them and the kids arent good enough or its too soon they get critized. I guess its just not easy to judge and the manager and coaches prob the best position to judge seeing them every day in training week in week out .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:53 pm

GYBS wrote:And as for kuyt he must be doing what the manager wants

sure he is  :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:54 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

you dont think he isnt then ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:59 pm

GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

you dont think he isnt then ?

well i know he works hard  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:00 pm

anyway lets not turn this into another excuse for people to slag kuyt off .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:02 pm

We may as well...... they closed the other Kuyt slagging thread :(
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm

lets face it, how many players out there would have the guts to speak his mind? they would care about their ego, their reputation, and their pr. carra imo has done liverpool proud. he may speak alot on everton but its just him. he is passionate in everything he does and im sure he once loved everton with similar sort of passion as he loves liverpool now.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Did they ? You must like him as you got him in your sig :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion