Feeder clubs - Beneficial in the long term?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:04 am

bigmick wrote:It's not THAT gruelling JBG. I've been down-under a few times (arf-arf, the missus is a Kiwi) and I reckon it's overstated. 'Couple of Carlton colds into you and a 'four and twenty' steak pie and your all set for goodnights kip. Right as ninepence in the morning.

if you are NZ mick, Steinlager is better than that Aussie stuff.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:10 am

If I'm in NZ mate I'm defo' a Spieghts or Canterbury Draught sort of bloke but I'd better leave it there 'cos it'll get booted into general chat.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:13 am

so your missus must be a South Islander then?  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:15 am

Didn't like Steinlager when I visited in New Zealand before.

I did enjoyed drink "Lion Red", when I was in New Zealand about nearly 3 years ago.

Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:15 am

Christchurch. Yes itsa shhhhhhhh here comes JBG!!!!. (Mick cough's and voice gets louder) "yeh anyway as I was saying mate, Crewe used to be our feeder club".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:17 am

Paul C wrote:Crewe produce more tallent than Tranmere :;):

Crewe is so chav-centric it's hilarious. I was stuck in a traffic jam passing through there in the run up to Christmas, and from nowhere two Burberry-capped lads legged it up to a BMW about four cars up from us and had its rear hubcaps off in less than two seconds. When the driver got out and legged it after them, two more emerged from a hedge and nicked the front two.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:18 am

Stan Laurel wrote:Didn't like Steinlager when I visited in New Zealand before.

I did enjoyed drink "Lion Red", when I was in New Zealand about nearly 3 years ago.

yeh Lion Red is good as well, better get back on topic now.

Feeder clubs seem liike a good idea to me, especially IMO for our young players who could get first team experience in a decent league like Belgium and come back a much improved player.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:18 am

Must confess I like most of 'em. I am particularly keen on the Aussie ones though, Carlton is a really lovely beer. Daft thing is, they have all this great stuff but if you go to a club or trendy bar all the locals walk around with bottles of Hieneken with the label casually facing outwards so you can see they drink European beer. Costs more than the local brew and tastes like p!ss. Very odd.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:20 am

Honestly mick i prefer european beers like Becks, Stell Artois, Lowenbrau etc.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:21 am

bigmick wrote:Must confess I like most of 'em. I am particularly keen on the Aussie ones though, Carlton is a really lovely beer. Daft thing is, they have all this great stuff but if you go to a club or trendy bar all the locals walk around with bottles of Hieneken with the label casually facing outwards so you can see they drink European beer. Costs more than the local brew and tastes like p!ss. Very odd.

Plenty of beers from Oz are very enjoyable to drinks.

I love Victoria Bitters, and I cannot see anywhere pubs around in UK. I am gutted for that.

Also I like Emu Lager from based in Perth and didn't like Toohey which is a really awful for me to drink.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:23 am

VB (Victoria Bitter) is ok if thier is nothing else to drink - this has descended into general chat fast.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:04 am

I was on a training course in Derby early last year  and there was a pub we all went to a few times  called The Brunswick Arms.....it was a real ale pub .
By nature im a lager drinker  but i thought waht the hell , wont hurt to give the ale a try. Anyhoo they  make their own ale in this pub and the strongest is an ale called "Father Mikes".
I couldnt  understand why it was called this , until nearing the end of my third  pint , i realised how  p!ssed i was !! This stuff is so bloody strong you  are out of it before you realise it ! it tastes gorgous   and   twas a religous experience  when sipping  it ...............well i said it  at the time cos i was so p!ssed....................... :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby reddippydick » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:03 am

stmichael

good thought provoking topic but for me good talent is quite rare and so I don't see the advantage of keeping to one club and after all we have our own acadamy.

The academy is obviously trying to bring talent on at a cost cheaper than buying on the market. This theory works of course but since we do not have too many players coming through that route into the first team then is it working and how many would we need for it to be considered a success?

The success is obviously dependant upon the skills of the talent spotters and this too me is where the weakness will be. Is it possible to spot with certainty or are our spotters not up to it, personnaly I think the first scenario.

This post has made me think :Oo:
reddippydick

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion