FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:40 pm wrote:I don't know guys, I think I'm with Stu on this one. I appreciate his enthusiasm and all but ultimately he's very ineffective. Looks very unintelligent to me to be honest. Good cross yesterday but other than that I wasn't all that impressed. Rodgers will definitely give him another go after yesterday though, maybe even as soon as Newcastle, so we'll have a chance to cast a better judgment.

Aren't most of us saying just this? Stu is reading added extras into it. Most who have commented have agreed that Borini worked hard and showed enthusiasm but was and is largely ineffective. Unless the lad suddenly becomes a super striker and changes our fortunes miraculously, then I doubt he has any future with us.

I'm not impressed with BRs handling of him.
Manager tells him he's not needed and accepts a good offer, Fabio, inspite of being told he won't get much game time anyway then decides to stay. BR makes the strange decision to start him in a couple of games in which Borini fails to impress and is dropped to the bench. Borini then complains to the press about his manager for which he is rewarded with a start against Swansea.

Bizarre.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:05 pm

That might be what you're saying ant, but the rest seem impressed with his performance yesterday. Not saying they're wrong and I'm right, I'm not pretending to be some footballing know-it-all, I just disagree with them. The lad seems all huff and puff with very little effect.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:37 pm

damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:That might be what you're saying ant, but the rest seem impressed with his performance yesterday. Not saying they're wrong and I'm right, I'm not pretending to be some footballing know-it-all, I just disagree with them. The lad seems all huff and puff with very little effect.

Well you and I certainly agree. I'm not sure Borini is as bad as Stu makes out though. He had a decent time at Sunderland, so to claim he's not up to the PL is debatable. I don't think people are claiming he's awesome or anything. Just that due to work rate and desire he had a decent game for us.
I'm pretty sure BR will give him more game time though, and I'll say once more: it says a lot for our preperation for the season that he's playing games. After his behaviour we must really be desperate. I'd have liked to see another striker have joined us in preseason, and failing that, look to the academy. BR already knows Borini isn't good enough. So why he persists with him, I don't know. No wonder we've struggled with squad morale.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:06 pm

RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:37 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:That might be what you're saying ant, but the rest seem impressed with his performance yesterday. Not saying they're wrong and I'm right, I'm not pretending to be some footballing know-it-all, I just disagree with them. The lad seems all huff and puff with very little effect.

Well you and I certainly agree. I'm not sure Borini is as bad as Stu makes out though. He had a decent time at Sunderland, so to claim he's not up to the PL is debatable. I don't think people are claiming he's awesome or anything. Just that due to work rate and desire he had a decent game for us.
I'm pretty sure BR will give him more game time though, and I'll say once more: it says a lot for our preperation for the season that he's playing games. After his behaviour we must really be desperate. I'd have liked to see another striker have joined us in preseason, and failing that, look to the academy. BR already knows Borini isn't good enough. So why he persists with him, I don't know. No wonder we've struggled with squad morale.

I suppose it all comes down to what you class as a good game and what impresses the individual.

Personally, I don't believe a striker who makes poor runs, offers no outlet apart from throwing himself to the floor and slows attack after attack down by playing rubbish passes that affect the play negatively did have a good game, despite a fabulous cross, one half decent piece of skill and a decent pass to lay on for Coutinho is anything like having a good game.

Did he have a good game by his own standards, of course he did. Did he "have a good game", sorry but no.

The lad is absolute gash and those saying he was good at Sunderland are again wrong. He was poor there, but there lesser standards over the pitch meant he didn't stand out as much. He has zero game intelligence and wouldn't improve a league one or championship side. He'd never score 20 goals a season unless he dropped to league two, even then he'd have to be in a good side to acheive that.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 pm

i can see him getting player of the season if he carries on like this. Hardwork pays.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 pm

ballotelliman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 pm wrote:i can see him getting player of the season if he carries on like this. Hardwork pays.

if he gets a player of the season award it will be because he got a replica made up  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 am

Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:
Markovic was extremley poor again last night and I am worried he looks like a major flop.
He doesnt even try and create anything when he is given the ball.
To me it looks as if rather than try something and risk losing the ball he takes the safe option. He didn't once go past his man or even look like doing it last night.

Don't like to call players too early but unless he starts showing something soon he looks like a massive waste of money.

I think he's been guilty of playing far too comfortably ,and his usual game seems curtailed somewhat ,I mean the lad is renowned across Europe for his searing pace ,and
yet we have only seen him really run at a defence once ,and that was last night when he left Ashley Williams and co for dead  .....I still think he will be sensational when
he adjusts  his game to adapt to the Premiership though.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 am

has borini gone awol or injured if not then rodgers is purposely leaving him out of squad not even a sub to say to him if udont leave in january to sunderland cos there offer lets face it was mega then you wont get a game bet im right again.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Can you translate that into English please?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:03 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 am wrote:has borini gone awol or injured if not then rodgers is purposely leaving him out of squad not even a sub to say to him if udont leave in january to sunderland cos there offer lets face it was mega then you wont get a game bet im right again.

Sunderland won't take him after he literally took the P!$$ out of them in the summer  :nod From the reports we accepted a 14mil bid from them and he didnt want to go there, at the end of the window we accepted another bid from QPR which was less up front with add ons and he wanted a fortune in wages so that then fell through.

He is not good enough by any stretch but he will run so therefore is a better option than lambert and maybe balotelli. his runniong could create space for the likes of sterling and coutinho to get into better positions and make something happen.

when your ship is sinking you need every pair of hands helping to bale the water out, I can't understand why rodgers felt he was good enough to lead the side against real madrid in the bernabeu and then not good enough to play against leicester and sunderland.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Borini has been moved on quite quickly from every club he's played for but his wages are the
problem now as he wont take a drop by leaving.

Hes a bottom 6 premiership striker top half of championship footballer and nothing more but
in his own head hes Roberto Baggio.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Baggio  :bowdown  now there was a player  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:15 pm

parchpea » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:10 pm wrote:Borini has been moved on quite quickly from every club he's played for but his wages are the
problem now as he wont take a drop by leaving.

Hes a bottom 6 premiership striker top half of championship footballer and nothing more but
in his own head hes Roberto Baggio.

So why did brendan buy him and chuck carroll out. And none of you have answered my question why hes been left out. In my opinion its obvious he has to get him off wage bill in order to bring another striker in january. in my opinion roberto baggio is the 3rd best player of all time and why italy have won 4 world cups should of been 5 theyve always had that creative number 10 and where england have failed miserably and only go on about gasgoine which is a joke.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:27 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:03 pm wrote:
ballotelliman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 am wrote:has borini gone awol or injured if not then rodgers is purposely leaving him out of squad not even a sub to say to him if udont leave in january to sunderland cos there offer lets face it was mega then you wont get a game bet im right again.

Sunderland won't take him after he literally took the P!$$ out of them in the summer  :nod From the reports we accepted a 14mil bid from them and he didnt want to go there, at the end of the window we accepted another bid from QPR which was less up front with add ons and he wanted a fortune in wages so that then fell through.

He is not good enough by any stretch but he will run so therefore is a better option than lambert and maybe balotelli. his runniong could create space for the likes of sterling and coutinho to get into better positions and make something happen.

when your ship is sinking you need every pair of hands helping to bale the water out, I can't understand why rodgers felt he was good enough to lead the side against real madrid in the bernabeu and then not good enough to play against leicester and sunderland.

You dont get managers do you that wont put gus poyet off ul see another bid in january.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:31 pm

saying that it wont happen i know but still think adam johnson was always our type of player and would improve our balance on left. Wingers have gone out of fashion lately and maybe why baloteli struggles so much i mean apart from stevie who can cross a good ball in our squad not many.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion