FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:58 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:20 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:13 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 am wrote:It was a decent performance from Borini tonight ,he done all the donkey work, and his cross was exceptional.

Can't agree with that, the cross was fabulous apart from that he spent most of the game on the deck, kept conceding possession and slowed five or six attacks down with the wrong ball. He played a nice little pass for the magician too towards the end but to be honest, I expect a degree of talent when a player plays for this club, he couldn't trap a bag of cement if it was dropped on his foot off the empire state building

I'm not saying we should retain his services Stu ,I'm saying he had a decent game earlier ...which he did fella.

He did have a good game mate.
Stu has already stated he thinks he is a shocking player so cant give even the faintest praise.
First half he looked especially sharp and had a couple of decent efforts.
His link up play was ok as well as was his movement.
He put a good shift in the whole game and his cross for the goal was brilliant.
I agree that he spends too much time on the floor and appears to get hurt far too easily but I wont let that detract from what was for me a very good performance.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 am

Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:58 am wrote:
Stu has already stated he thinks he is a shocking player so cant give even the faintest praise.
I agree that he spends too much time on the floor and appears to get hurt far too easily but I wont let that detract from what was for me a very good performance.

I know mate,and you would think for once posters would  put aside their personal opinions on the lad and at least afford him  due praise for last nights performance  ???
I think he was arguably one of our best players yesterday.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:28 am

Thought the lad worked his bollux off and made a massive contribution to a decent team performance.

I have previously suggested that the lad has got something to offer and last night together with numerous performances for Sunderland suggest that I am not quite the lunatic some of you thought  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 am wrote:
Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:58 am wrote:

I know mate,and you would think for once posters would  put aside their personal opinions on the lad and at least afford him  due praise for last nights performance  ???
I think he was arguably one of our best players yesterday.

The other fans around me in the Kop thought he had a good game.

That's enough for me  :;):
Ben Patrick

Postby eds » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Still can't believe this guy is at our club.   :no

Has never been good enough and will never be good enough despite what you all think.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:36 pm

It's a bad day when people are suggesting he is even close to being any sort of premier league player. He slows every attack down and never plays the right pass
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 am wrote:It's a bad day when people are suggesting he is even close to being any sort of premier league player. He slows every attack down and never plays the right pass

He was in a different league to Lambert last night Stu.
Not that that means much I know  :D

Do I think he is someone that we should be keeping long term ? No.
However in the short term I would actually give him some game time. His energy, movement and workrate might give Balotelli a bit of assistance.
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 am wrote:It's a bad day when people are suggesting he is even close to being any sort of premier league player. He slows every attack down and never plays the right pass

No one is suggesting that he is the second coming of Roger Hunt and we should build our team around him for the next decade, they are just saying that he had a decent game last night, which he did.
We all know he's not the answer but that's no reason to start having a go at the lad when he did okay.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:20 pm

anyone who thought he had a rubbish game doesnt know football or hates pasta.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Stu is rather entrenched in his beliefs, and will take every and any opportunity to make them known. If anyone dares to think Borini had a good game, fortunately we have Stu to keep us right :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:52 pm

He was decent last night, effort alone made him effective.

If he could do a role as a wide attacking player, he could fit in to a system that is missing Sturridge. More games are needed to tell fully.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Borini did ok, but i'd rather see Markovic play instead. The latter has more technical ability and needs more games to get use to the rough and tumble of our league.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:19 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:11 pm wrote:Borini did ok, but i'd rather see Markovic play instead. The latter has more technical ability and needs more games to get use to the rough and tumble of our league.

Markovic was extremley poor again last night and I am worried he looks like a major flop.
He doesnt even try and create anything when he is given the ball.
To me it looks as if rather than try something and risk losing the ball he takes the safe option. He didnt once go past his man or even look like doing it last night.

Dont like to call players too early but unless he starts showing something soon he looks like a massive waste of money.
Ben Patrick

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:40 pm

I don't know guys, I think I'm with Stu on this one. I appreciate his enthusiasm and all but ultimately he's very ineffective. Looks very unintelligent to me to be honest. Good cross yesterday but other than that I wasn't all that impressed. Rodgers will definitely give him another go after yesterday though, maybe even as soon as Newcastle, so we'll have a chance to cast a better judgment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:51 pm

damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:40 pm wrote:I don't know guys, I think I'm with Stu on this one. I appreciate his enthusiasm and all but ultimately he's very ineffective. Looks very unintelligent to me to be honest. Good cross yesterday but other than that I wasn't all that impressed. Rodgers will definitely give him another go after yesterday though, maybe even as soon as Newcastle, so we'll have a chance to cast a better judgment.

no ones saying hes awesome and when the bid from sunderland came in for 14 million i think everyone on here thought take it. All were saying is the lad puts a shift in and as liverpool fans thats all we can ask.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion