FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Sun May 05, 2013 4:16 pm

devaney » Sat May 04, 2013 7:07 am wrote:Killerp - I don't think it is about 17 games and 1 goal. I think it is more about some supporters gleefully castigating one of BR's first signing and that started happening after the lad had played less than a handful of games. As supporters should we give players more time? Henderson and even Downing who were both pathetic last season have improved considerably and most of us had written them off. Carroll has started to improve at West Ham and I don't mind admitting that I don't think that Andy will ever live up to his ridiculous £35m price tag but that is hardly his fault - Andy didn't set the price.

Crouchie went over 20 (I think) games before he scored when he first joined LFC. We kept the faith and he became a favourite.

I'm happy to give Borini a bit more time before throwing the towel in.

Look I'll give him 1 more season to prove himself.

He could have won a lot of people over if he scored against Everton.
killerp

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 05, 2013 4:36 pm

At the moment he is average at best and if he doesnt improve get rid
We dont need more mediocrity
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun May 05, 2013 3:36 pm wrote:At the moment he is average at best and if he doesnt improve get rid
We dont need more mediocrity
:no

i think he`s better suited to games where we have teams under the cosh, in a game like todays where it becomes very stretched he doesnt have the raw pace to latch onto through balls and run away from defenders.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 05, 2013 6:43 pm

He won't ever be good enough.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 pm

not every team is going to defend with a suicidally high line and put no pressure on the ball like newcastle.
brendan has got to figure out a way of breaking these teams down because in recent weeks the likes of west ham, reading and everton have shut us down.
is borini the answer?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Borino won't be good enough, at best a decent squad player, but not someone we need to go up another level. You could see Coutinho's class, but I can't see anything in Borini
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I could see him possibly scoring a few goals in the premiership next season maybe into double figures and being useful in the cup competitions if we want to rest Suarez or Sturridge.

Beyond that though i tend to agree that I don't know if he's the kind of long term signing that will take us onto another level.
friendlyguy33

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Borini has no particular talent for anything, no skill, pace, strength, finishing ability, heading all i can see is that he has decent work rate. Id be amazed if he amounts to anything at Liverpool.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 05, 2013 10:50 pm

i know he has had a bad run this year with injuries but he still hasnt shown anything really to be getting excited about for next season. we need players like coutinho who have obvious ability and a desire to show it. he has been here since january and already has worked his way in to a situation that he will be one of the most promising players in the league next year and a real key piece in our jigsaw.
borini will still be here next season and he really needs to work harder to gain better fitness and start having an impact in games or he'l spend next season as a passenger.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 am

think a lot of folk on here are being unfair to the lad.  He's had a nightmare first season, with injuries hampering his period of settling into our squad.

I think he deserves next season to prove himself and show what he's got, because at the moment he has no match fitness, and he's struggling to fit into our style of play given his lack of games.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm

7_Kewell » Mon May 06, 2013 10:03 am wrote:think a lot of folk on here are being unfair to the lad.  He's had a nightmare first season, with injuries hampering his period of settling into our squad.

I think he deserves next season to prove himself and show what he's got, because at the moment he has no match fitness, and he's struggling to fit into our style of play given his lack of games.

Yeh, agreed, let's see if he can prove his worth next season, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it at anfield. Coutinho, who is 2 years younger is showing lots of class where Borini isn't it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:26 pm wrote:Borini has no particular talent for anything, no skill, pace, strength, finishing ability, heading all i can see is that he has decent work rate. Id be amazed if he amounts to anything at Liverpool.

only positives are his movement and work rate
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon May 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Borini and Allen

£25m worth of business there that Rodgers would no doubt reverse
time back again.

Inexperience really rushing in when its clear now funds are quite tight
at Anfield but if Sturridge and Couthino are anything to by he seems
to be learning.

Always a mystery to me that with so many players in a world wide
market you take a couple you had last time and often before fully
assessing your new squad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

It's clear he wanted to bring in players that knew the system that he wanted to implement into the club. That's why he went with those two - also both young with plenty of time to develop
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm

I think a lot of fans are willing to give Borini at least next season to prove his worth to the team ,he was certainly rated highly in his
time in Italy with Roma . Its also no secret that Italian strikers tend to mature into better players the older and wiser they get .

Maybe if United had afforded Rossi the same patience they would have reaped the dividends ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion