FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

ironically he looks the ideal goal poacher type that would latch onto carrolls knockdowns or profit from the general chaos carroll causes in opposition boxes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Quessie: would you do a one-for-one swop with Caroll for this lad?

If not, why not?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:32 pm

stmichael wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:he looks reasonably big (for a footy player anyway) which will help, i had all visions of him being a tikki takka style lightweight who`ll easily be shoved off the ball.
welcome to the club lad.

i was listening to an italian expert the other day describing him and he was impressed with him last season at roma in that he was scoring goals in an average side. technically very good, two footed and certainly knows where the net is. also takes a mean free kick.

excited to see him play.

Imagine next season us having a free kick with Gerrard Suarez Adam Downing Agger Borini all wanting to take it

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:Quessie: would you do a one-for-one swop with Caroll for this lad?

If not, why not?

No. Too much money had been invested in Carroll for a direct swap to take place especially when Borini can be purchased for less than 1/3 of what Andy cost. I wonder if Milan are gonna be making their move on him though, seeing that Ibra seems certain to be on his way to PSG.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby jimmy brighton » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Wikipedia already has him as a Liverpool player. Top stuff and great to see Rodgers making positive actions
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:32 pm wrote:
stmichael wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:he looks reasonably big (for a footy player anyway) which will help, i had all visions of him being a tikki takka style lightweight who`ll easily be shoved off the ball.
welcome to the club lad.

i was listening to an italian expert the other day describing him and he was impressed with him last season at roma in that he was scoring goals in an average side. technically very good, two footed and certainly knows where the net is. also takes a mean free kick.

excited to see him play.

Imagine next season us having a free kick with Gerrard Suarez Adam Downing Agger Borini all wanting to take it

That's not really our problem though, barring Borini we had all those last season. Our weakness is a prolific goal scorer not free kick taker
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:12 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm wrote:Welcome to Liverpool Football Club lad ,may your time be here be fruitful .

YNWA

you know what mate i`d rather see a highlights clip like that than one full of all flashy bits of skill that lead to nothing.
he just looks like a tap in merchant who knows how to play on the shoulder of the last defender and he looks like he has that strikers instinct to be in the right place at the right time to knock in rebounds and deflections. exactly the type of player that we were missing last year, i like carroll but that was the one thing missing from his game and this lad looks like he`s got it.
it`s a big ask to expect a 21 year old to make a big impression at a club the size of this (as everyone knows if you play up front for us and dont score in 2 consecutive matches there`s an inquest) but we do create opportunities and hopefully next season when we hit the woodwork 30 odd times this lad wont be like the rest of our team putting their hands on their heads and decrying our luck he`ll be onto it like a shot and knocking the rebound in.
he`ll get 15 goals next season doing that alone.
if ian rush or roger hunt had a youtube highlights reel it would look something like that.

:nod  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:Quessie: would you do a one-for-one swop with Caroll for this lad?

If not, why not?

no, we deffo need a goal poacher and although this lad looks promising we have signed him for under £10m and lets face it we never had to beat off barcelona and man city for his signiture. i heard chelsea didnt want to lose him when he was in their reserves but now he`s on the market again they havent made a counter offer (infact no one has) plus it`s not as if roma put up much of a fight to keep him.
that doesnt mean he wont be a success here, we didnt have any competition for ian rush`s signiture, but at the end of the day we dont know for certain if he will trouble defences in this country.
the thing about carroll is although he`s not exactly the purists idea of a footballer the one thing we know he can do is rattle defenders, even some of the best defenders in the country, now that may not always translate into goals but at least you know no f**king centre halves are going to be able to get their pipe and slippers on and cruise through a game against us.
carroll seemed to play better in the bigger games too, some of his best performances were against the likes of everton and united in high intensity physical encounters, borini looks a big lad but we dont know if he`ll go into his shell or what once vidic or terry or the stoke centre halves start getting stuck into him.
footy has changed over the years but the prem is still the most physical league in the world and plenty of classy foreign strikers (especially italians) have struggled to adapt to that physicality.
i quite like the idea of borini and carroll up front, i think their games may compliment each other (borini getting onto the end of knock downs and scrambles caused by carrolls prescence)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:58 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 pm wrote:
That's not really our problem though, barring Borini we had all those last season. Our weakness is a prolific goal scorer not free kick taker

we cant even score pens never mind free kicks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Already in his trainers and everything.  Thrilled for the kid and really happy with this signing.  He ma not be known as the most amazing player in the world, but these are the types of signings we need to make.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby the lone wolf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 pm

The best thing of all is that Borini brings us options, providing Carroll stays. The last thing I want to see is for LFC to invest time and money in a young talented player only to see him out the doors cause of lack of patience.

This could be just the tonic for Carrol - taking the 'goal noose' from around his neck..?

We can all acknowledge that Carrol is not a 25 goal per season man - but he can sure create a lot in the 18 yard box and get himself 15 goals per season!

Can only see this as an improvement to the squad providing none of our current forwards leave (unless Barca want to do a straight swap, Carroll for Messi?).
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:35 pm

So much for keeping our forwards..? Maxi's just gone  :(
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby mart » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:36 pm

If not, why not?

No i think we can get a bit more for him if we sell him to someone else.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Fabio Borini‏@BoriniUfficiale

I have the pleasure of telling you,as of 4:45pm today I become player for Liverpool FC. Very happy :-)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Liverpool have today confirmed they have completed the signing of AS Roma forward Fabio Borini.

The Italy international has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after agreeing terms and passing a medical at Melwood.

In joining the club, Borini becomes Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager.

The 21-year-old has worked with the Reds' new boss before during a loan spell at Swansea City in 2011, while he has also represented Chelsea.

Last season he scored 10 goals in 26 appearances for Roma and earned his international debut in a friendly against USA. He was then a part of Italy's Euro 2012 squad.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... c-transfer
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion