FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 pm

from what i`m reading he`s a grafter more than a rolls royce type of forward.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:08 pm wrote:from what i`m reading he`s a grafter more than a rolls royce type of forward.

Couldnt care if he was a Ford Ka as long as he stretches the onion bag
Thommo's perm

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:21 am

friendlyguy33 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 pm wrote:I'm underwhelmed by this signing I'm afraid. In fact I think it's the most underwhelming first signing of any Liverpool manager. If Josemi was Rafa's, Jovanovic was Hodgson's and Suarez was Kenny's well this has to be the most low key of the lot in terms of expectations.

9/10 goals in Serie A is not prolific not particularly impressive particularly given that he was discarded from Chelsea's academy and only scored 6 goals a couple of seasons ago in the championship for Rodgers old team.

I've seen too many average players come and go in the last few years to believe that this guy isn't going to be anything other than another Sean Dundee or Voronin.

You talk utter tosh lad, from what i understand Chelsea wanted to keep him and scoring 9/10 goals in serie A isn't bad as its a more difficult league than the EPL to be prolific in and don't forget Suarez was our top scorer last year with 11 so should we be underwhelmed with him. :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 am

Serie A hard to be more prolific in than the EPL? I want some of what you have been smoking please. Good that we signed somebody but I'm not to sure about him. We need depth in our attacking options though.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:00 am

Boocity » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:21 am wrote:
friendlyguy33 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 pm wrote:I'm underwhelmed by this signing I'm afraid. In fact I think it's the most underwhelming first signing of any Liverpool manager. If Josemi was Rafa's, Jovanovic was Hodgson's and Suarez was Kenny's well this has to be the most low key of the lot in terms of expectations.

9/10 goals in Serie A is not prolific not particularly impressive particularly given that he was discarded from Chelsea's academy and only scored 6 goals a couple of seasons ago in the championship for Rodgers old team.

I've seen too many average players come and go in the last few years to believe that this guy isn't going to be anything other than another Sean Dundee or Voronin.

You talk utter tosh lad, from what i understand Chelsea wanted to keep him and scoring 9/10 goals in serie A isn't bad as its a more difficult league than the EPL to be prolific in and don't forget Suarez was our top scorer last year with 11 so should we be underwhelmed with him. :no

Why weren't any other top clubs in this country or abroad interested in him if it's such a coup of a signing? Arsenal have signed Giroud and Podolski who have been more consistent goalscorers over a number of years.

I'm prepared to give the lad a chance anyway and see what he can do so we'll see.
friendlyguy33

Postby babu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Well that's big of you

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 pm

babu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 am wrote:Well that's big of you

I don't know what you mean by that. I'm not going to apologise for having different views in terms of decisions that Brendan Rodgers is making or in terms of players he's bringing in.

I find it a bit strange that he thinks Carroll can't perform a pressing game when it was evident at the end of last season that this was another area of his game that he improved. It seems to me that Carroll can't win half the time if he's pressing for the ball he's criticised for not being in the box. If he's always in the box he's accused of being lazy and not a team player in trying to win the ball back in his own half.

On Borini obviously I want to see him score goals and provide us with more depth up front. The fact that I hold a different view on his overall level of quality does not change that. If he turns out to be a success I'll be as happy as everyone else and will say well done to the manager for a great signing.

At the moment though the jury is out reputations or what someone did a few months ago in Italy counts for nothing in reality. He's got to prove himself let's hope he can.
friendlyguy33

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Kukilon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 am wrote:Serie A hard to be more prolific in than the EPL? I want some of what you have been smoking please. Good that we signed somebody but I'm not to sure about him. We need depth in our attacking options though.

Yes, I think serie A is harder to be prolific, the Italian game is not as wide open as the English game, its more about not conceding.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:56 pm

i think we`ve got to be realistic as well, the lad is 21 and just like lucas, carroll and hendo he is going to take time to settle.
the andy carroll that originally signed for the club was a million miles away from the one that ripped the european champions to shreds twice in the space of 4 days at the end of last season. infact he wasnt a million miles away he was 18 months away, thats how long it took him to find his best form.
lucas probably took even longer.
if a player is downings age and he doesnt deliver then you can ask questions about wether he was the right signing but at 21 the lad is nowhere near the finished article and we shouldnt expect him to be.
that doesnt mean he wont do a kevin keegan and come here and click straight away and single handedly lift the team into title contenders and winners, but realistically he wont, but as we saw with the likes of lucas and carroll that doesnt mean he wont find top form in the future.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 pm

£7.8m or £11m it doesn't matter, that's not too expensive for a footballer nowadays. I have never seen this Fabio Borini fella play, so I cannot comment on him. Has his signing filled with excitement? No, not really, but I'm interested to see what he is capable of producing and whether or not he'll work well with Suarez.
Boxscarf

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:16 pm

friendlyguy33

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:34 pm

They're not, Ibrahimovic scored 28 league goals last season.
Boxscarf

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 pm wrote:They're not, Ibrahimovic scored 28 league goals last season.

There were more strikers in Serie A last season with over 20 goals than there were in the premiership.
friendlyguy33

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:41 pm

friendlyguy33 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 pm wrote:They're not, Ibrahimovic scored 28 league goals last season.

There were more strikers in Serie A last season with over 20 goals than there were in the premiership.

Yawn yawn, if you want to by stats there were more goals scored in the EPL last year and RVP scored more goals than Ibram, yawn yawn and if we had scored all the times we hit the woodwork Suarez would have scored about 10000 goals yawn, but it doesn't get away from the fact that your original post was utter b0ll0cks
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Boocity » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:41 pm wrote:
Yawn yawn, if you want to by stats there were more goals scored in the EPL last year and RVP scored more goals than Ibram, yawn yawn and if we had scored all the times we hit the woodwork Suarez would have scored about 10000 goals yawn, but it doesn't get away from the fact that your original post was utter b0ll0cks

summed up splendidly  :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion