DRUMMERPHIL'S THREAD - DONATIONS, PRAYERS AND GOODWILL MESSAGES

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 12:07 pm

On RAWK they set up an account for the new banner, Michael Sheilds and Steve Cook, so it is possible, but I dont know how to go about it. Ofcourse we could all just send a card with some money in also? Now we have his address. And the address of the hospital.
Dont know whats the best option really.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:10 pm

does phil himself not have a paypal account?  obviously this is intended for someone who knows him  :p

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby mighty mo » Fri May 05, 2006 12:16 pm

COUNT ME IN GUYS!!!!!!!!
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 05, 2006 12:28 pm

I'll PM one of the RAWK moderators later on for setup advice, I'm just off out in a minute.  This does look simple to set up. 

Another way of looking at it is that Phil's family might be too proud to accept our donations.  If we do it anyway, they don't have a choice.

Anyway, I'll be back later.
jonnymac1979

Postby LFCNUTTER » Fri May 05, 2006 12:36 pm

I dont tend to post on here much anymore but read all the posts every day my thoughts are with phil and his family and pray for a recovery.count me in on any donations.
LFCNUTTER

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Just rang the hospital to speak to Phil, they said the phone cant reach his room, and the phone was only for outgoing calls, he asked me if I wanted to leave a message, I said tell him, we all miss him and we are all thinking about him and to keep his chin up.
Hope he passes the message on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri May 05, 2006 1:04 pm

maximus wrote:This can be beaten, think positively be positive.

Keep your chin up and think of your family and friends who will be supporting you all the way.

I know you said that with the best of intentions max but people who have loved ones who succumbed to cancer hate hearing that. It implies that people who did die from cancer didn't fight hard enough.

Everyone that has cancer fights against it, its not like climbing a mountain or something where determination alone can overcome all. If your card is marked, your card is marked.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kukilon » Fri May 05, 2006 1:17 pm

Cancer and especially in that part of the body is horrible.

Count me in on the donations.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Dimshen » Fri May 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Just wanna send phil my best wishes and add my name to the list for any donations
All the best mate
Dimshen

Postby maximus » Fri May 05, 2006 2:30 pm

JBG wrote:
maximus wrote:This can be beaten, think positively be positive.

Keep your chin up and think of your family and friends who will be supporting you all the way.

I know you said that with the best of intentions max but people who have loved ones who succumbed to cancer hate hearing that. It implies that people who did die from cancer didn't fight hard enough.

Everyone that has cancer fights against it, its not like climbing a mountain or something where determination alone can overcome all. If your card is marked, your card is marked.

JBG, I agree with you to a point.

However, I am speaking from a personal view point, my father in law, has had 6 operations (4 of them life threatening) around the neck area to combat throat cancer in the space of 7 years. in that time he has been given the 'all clear' twice.

His positive outlook on life ALWAYS, he has said to me, has helped him through his battle against it. His last operation was just over a year ago, and he has not been as fit as he is now for a long time, he is now 64

In fact my in-laws have purchased a small cottage which my father-in-law is currently renovating.

I do/did not mean to offend anyone with what I said in my previous post regarding this, however  I have seen first hand how a positive attitude to this horrific disease CAN directly effect the combat against.

Whether you agree or disagree with this is for discussion another time maybe.

Once again, best wishes to Phil.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Fri May 05, 2006 2:50 pm

Like so many I have only just heard about this set back for Phil. A sad state of affairs and certainly a reality check for the rest of us.

I wish you only the very best mate, for you and your family.

(((((HUGS))))) :)

(Happy to help out with donations if this is what Phil's wife wants for the him - I'll stay tuned to see what eventuates)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri May 05, 2006 3:00 pm

a paypal account is really easy to set up - just go to paypal.com and it'll walk you through it and you'll be set up before you know it. i have one myself in use for all my ebay stuff. unfortunately i can't offer to set it up myself due to work, time and travel commitments over the next month - i just wouldn't be the best manager. i would completely trust mikz, ciggy or woof x2 - they've all been in close contact with phil and seem like reasonable people :;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri May 05, 2006 3:06 pm

Can I make a suggestion...it might be best to check with Phil's wife and/or medical team to see that a TV/laptop is the best choice of pressie for phil. A TV or laptop screen may be too harsh for Phil to watch, and we don't want to cause any cerebral irritation (irritate the brain). Just a thought and made with only the very best of intentions.  :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 3:09 pm

I dont want the responsibilty of it being a scouser I might get accused of stealing  :D only messin.
Be best if one of the MODS set up the account and keep everyone updated.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri May 05, 2006 3:11 pm

YNWA

Good luck and thoughts are with you  :)

J Mac will come through with the paypal thing then on from there whatever they buy
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion