DRUMMERPHIL'S THREAD - DONATIONS, PRAYERS AND GOODWILL MESSAGES

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:57 am

Sad news, but Phil mate I am sure you will get through this.

YNWA

Count me in for the whip round as well boys and girls.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 05, 2006 11:00 am

Nice, let's wait to Karen and let's get moving. If there is not a bloody tv facility, there will be  hardly a wifi connection :( , but at least here internet connection through mobile zones is not too expensive anymore, with a little bonus, we'd do it.

Note that in case we don't reach for a new laptop because we preffer to provide him money for the connection, we might consider the "second hand" option. I've bought many second hand computers for work and I think it's an option to consider. If we bought a second hand laptop (more than enough to browse the internet) we might buy the connection through mobile for 2 years or so. Of course if we have money for everything, even better.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 05, 2006 11:01 am

Very sad to here this news, drummer seems like a tough guy by nature and I’m sure he will be fighting.

The donation idea is great, just let us know how it can be done.

My thoughts are with Drummer and his family.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Fri May 05, 2006 11:02 am

I've just come back onto the forum, and just read what's been going on.

Wish you all the best Phil, hope for a speedy recovery.

I agree with a Paypal system in place for us members that aren't living in the UK.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:07 am

You can get through this Phil ,my mate ,keep fighting ,may God be with you and your family in these hard times.I'll be praying for your well being.Keep the FAITH.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:17 am

paypal donations by those who have the facility..send to one of us  (i'll gladly use my account and do it)  i need a working email address to which your paypal is linked. send you an invoice for the amount you consider donating to phil.. then after the total funds have been collected. again, one of us (me as well) could scour the net looking for a suitable laptop etc...or, electronically send the final amount to someone who has closer links to being able to purchase exactly the right one for phil from the highstreet.

just a suggestion. and if everyone who is able to participated, im sure we could get this sorted inside a week.

the only problem i can see is if insufficient money is raised, however as woof said, if all of us contribute a tenner at least  it shouldnt be a problem.

over to you...

maybe johnny/ciggy whoever could pm me to set this all rolling...and make provision for me to recieve your addresses.

sorry phil m8 for your troubles.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri May 05, 2006 11:26 am

i think we should wait and see what karen thinks is best, maybe she can find out if there's web access available.

when i was in hospital 18 months ago they had these "pateintline" units for each bed which are like a pay-as-you go telephone & TV. i can't remember if they had internet on them though. even using the phone & telly is expensive though, a £10 card only lasted me a day max.
Last edited by Woollyback on Fri May 05, 2006 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby En1gma_LFC » Fri May 05, 2006 11:27 am

Ive just signed on this morning and as im sure all of you have been am really quite shocked by the news. As Ciggy mentioned i wasn't aware of the situation as i don't venture too much into Gen Chat but from what i know of Drummerphil he seems like a real genuine nice guy and obviously has a great love for our football club.
On the subject of hospital internet most of them now have WIFI hotspots (wireless internet) which are like day rooms where you can get a connection so with pretty much all laptops supporting wireless that it a possibility.
Count me in for a donation and I sure hope you get back to full health Phil.
YNWA
En1gma_LFC

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:27 am

Woollyback wrote:i think we should wait and see what karen thinks is best.

when i was in hospital 18 months ago they had these "pateintline" units for each bed which are like a pay-as-you go telephone & TV. i can't remember if they had internet on them though. even using the phone & telly is expensive though, a £10 card only lasted me a day max.

they do your right woolly.. ppv

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Therealreds » Fri May 05, 2006 11:39 am

I dont really post on this site but i read from it from time to time, I just been flicking through peoples posts on this topic so far and I dont think that anyone ahs mentioned that a PDA mite be an option instead of a Laptop, I think some of them can connect to the internet through a moblie phone sim card.
Therealreds

Postby tommycockles » Fri May 05, 2006 11:48 am

Woollyback wrote:i think we should wait and see what karen thinks is best, maybe she can find out if there's web access available.

I think that this is a good idea because if there's a chance we can rent a laptop/tv at the hospital then at least we don't waste money on something he doesn't necessarily need (as he has a pc at home) and we can put any extra money towards something Phil or his wife may really need at this time!!

Either way i think it's a great idea and wish Phil and his family all the best!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:49 am

Therealreds wrote:I dont really post on this site but i read from it from time to time, I just been flicking through peoples posts on this topic so far and I dont think that anyone ahs mentioned that a PDA mite be an option instead of a Laptop, I think some of them can connect to the internet through a moblie phone sim card.

i think theyre all waiting to see what phils other half says m8.

its a good idea though. maybe you could look up on them to find a suitable model?  links maybe etc..

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Fri May 05, 2006 11:51 am

I haven't posted much here in the past few months as work and family commitments have taken priority (hence one of the reasons I stopped being a moderator).

I wouldn't consider myself a friend of Phil's in so far as I never really had PM or MSN conversations with him like other people here have but I had some banter with him in General Chat topics and I knew about his plight.

Unfortunately from my own experiences of life and these things it seems very much that the writing is on the wall for poor Phil, as once these things come back at you they are extremely aggressive. His medical team probably gave him the works the last time around and there is almost certainly nothing more his people can do other than to make his remaining time as comfortable and as happy as possible.

I do know from my conversations with Phil that this forum really helped him through some hard times and as such I think some of his friends here like Mikz, woof etc should be commended in that they helped, in albeit a very small way, Phil to get through a tough time.

Again, with the Paypal thing, I'll contribute, but somebody needs to put their money where their mouth is and bite the bullet and actually set it up. Its quite easy, but it needs to be somebody who knows how to get in touch with Phil's family and make the final payment.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby maximus » Fri May 05, 2006 11:54 am

Desperately sad to hear Phils in hospital. 

This can be beaten, think positively be positive.

Keep your chin up and think of your family and friends who will be supporting you all the way.

Best of luck Phil, our thoughts are with you.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri May 05, 2006 11:59 am

JBG wrote:Again, with the Paypal thing, I'll contribute, but somebody needs to put their money where their mouth is and bite the bullet and actually set it up. Its quite easy, but it needs to be somebody who knows how to get in touch with Phil's family and make the final payment.

im waiting for someone to let me know if thats the option to take as ive said id gladly harvest the funds through mine.

as for knowing phils family etc...well i dont, im just offering to help and like you say someone has to be proactive.

ppl can pm me with their personals and hopefully enough would. then i can invoice them through my account...

waiting for acknowledgement from phil's wife first isnt doing any good, she has enough on her plate. but at least if the donations were in place, and i mean before say, tuesday... then that final sum can be zapped to someone else who can finish the deal off who knows the family..that way when word comes of exactly what phil needs funds are in place to go one step further...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion