DRUMMERPHIL'S THREAD - DONATIONS, PRAYERS AND GOODWILL MESSAGES

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 04, 2006 9:22 pm

Really saddened to hear this news and it certainly puts football into perspective. I would also like to chip in towards a TV for Phil to watch Crouch score the winner in the World Cup final. SURELY there are enough of us to chuck in to get Phil a Lap Top so he can chat when he's on the ward?

Keep fighting Phil i reckon you've got a couple more Liverpool League titles in you yet lad.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:39 pm

This is REALLY SAD news as Phil is one of the best and most genuine posters on here. My thoughts are with him and his family at this very difficult time; hopefully phil can take inspiration from Istanbul last year and fight back and beat this illness.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE PHIL MATEY
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:49 pm

Dont really no him and never spoke to him in person and like people are saying on here he is a grewat poster

And i am very willing to contribute

YNWA phil  :buttrock

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu May 04, 2006 11:18 pm

i'm sure phil put a huge smile on all our faces not long ago when he announced he was clear. i hope with all my heart he makes us all smile like that again, and that the smile stays there.

all the best to ya phil - and to mrsdrummerphil too. walk on.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 04, 2006 11:56 pm

Bloody hell. Come on Phil - you can beat this. We're all behind you mate. You are a top lad, and don't deserve this.

Best of luck and best wishes to you and your family chap.
I hope you're back on here soon.

:(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri May 05, 2006 12:20 am

Just want to echo what's been said above. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Lynds - keep us informed.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 05, 2006 6:20 am

Same here lynds, count me in . I can only get on here via the works pc tho as mines broke and getting fixed. All the best phil keep fighting mate . YNWA .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 7:56 am

Mornin all, havent heard anything yet maybe someone else has?
As soon as we have some info over what hospital he's in or his home address, we can start to get some donations together every little helps, Phils got two young little girls, and if we can help his family Im sure he would really appreciate it, its a little help from us at this terrible time in their lives.

When we get some news MODS can you organise a paypal account and make this topic a sticky.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 05, 2006 9:59 am

Got back from holiday last night ,I'm devastated to read of Phils relapse . Hang in there Phil we're all thinking of you .

To the Mods and all members and friends of Phil .
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread the possibility of chipping in to help provide Phil with a TV . I'd like to take it a step further and suggest that we try and raise sufficient funds to provide him with a lap top computer to help him through the long days ahead , lets not just sing YNWA , let's do something to ensure Phil doesn't have to  . If we all kick in £10-£20 we should be able to do it .
If one of the Mods (Jonny Mac ? ) is able to take on the task of receiving the money ,purchasing and delivering the lap top I've got a cheque for £20 ready to post .

God bless Phil .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Fri May 05, 2006 10:12 am

I have his home address, is it ok to post it up here or should i pm it ?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri May 05, 2006 10:18 am

£400/£500 would get him a half decent laptop from dell or somewhere who could deliver it to him. i'm sure between us we could all manage that quite easily for phil, with hopefully some left over to help mrs phil out. let me know when there's a paypal account or whatever set up, i'd do it myself but don't know how
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 10:20 am

Mikz wrote:I have his home address, is it ok to post it up here or should i pm it ?

Great idea woof, on one hand he would be delighted but would he have internet connection in hospital?
Id like his address Mikz to send him a card pm me it please mate.
Now we know Mikz has his address can someone open up a paypal account please and we can start to donate and send him a nice pressie.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:28 am

Phil's in the local University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Ward 123.

I have replied to Phil's wife Karen a couple of days back but as you can imagine she has more important things to worry about than us.  I've had a confirmation receipt that she has read the e-mail I sent but she must not have had time to reply.

When she gets back to me, that's if she does, I will tell her we all feel we want to contribute towards a laptop or TV, however best they feel the money should be spent.

I will look into the Paypal situation, I'm sure it's not too difficult to set up as I have researched it in the past and it looked quite simple.  Obviously, they will have to set it up at their end with their bank account details but I'm sure I can get the instructions for them and help them wherever I can.  If this isn't possible, we may be able to send donations via the hospital itself or his home address.

Personally, I think it's best to hear back from Karen first.  I'll wait for her reply.  What do you think?
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 05, 2006 10:30 am

Ciggy wrote:Great idea woof, on one hand he would be delighted but would he have internet connection in hospital?

Damn ! I hadn't considered that  :p   :(  .

Long time (touch wood) since I've been in a hospital , don't know what facilities they have .

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 10:31 am

Nice one John, maybe put this topic in LFC dissgussion as some members dont touch Gen chat and wont be aware of it.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion