DRUMMERPHIL'S THREAD - DONATIONS, PRAYERS AND GOODWILL MESSAGES

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:28 am

I dont know who has recieved the pm from Phils wife, but things are really really bad, his wife is going to get him a TV for him to watch in hospital but she doesnt hold up much hope of him ever coming home again  :( .
Think we need to organise something and raise the money for the TV or another gesture what he would love, what you reckon guys?

PAYPAL DONATIONS FOR DRUMMERPHIL TO BE SENT TO karenlroberts@hotmail.co.uk
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 08, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:31 am

absolutely ciggy. if someone can set up some kind of paypal thing or something somewhere then we can all chip in but we really should do something, would be a nice gesture. i'll look into ways of sorting things as well if u like but everyone should band together at a time like this
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:33 am

She has printed off the topic asking about him, he misses us all like crazy, he was touched by everyones well wishes.
Maybe I can ask for an address to send cards and stuff?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:36 am

dawson99 wrote:absolutely ciggy. if someone can set up some kind of paypal thing or something somewhere then we can all chip in but we really should do something, would be a nice gesture. i'll look into ways of sorting things as well if u like but everyone should band together at a time like this

Deffo Dawson try and set up something and if we all chip in and get him a telly to watch the world cup on its a nice gesture from us.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:42 am

can someone contact the club and maybe a player can go and visit him, does anyone have contacts with the club
112-1077774096

Postby AlanHansen » Thu May 04, 2006 11:43 am

Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:absolutely ciggy. if someone can set up some kind of paypal thing or something somewhere then we can all chip in but we really should do something, would be a nice gesture. i'll look into ways of sorting things as well if u like but everyone should band together at a time like this

Deffo Dawson try and set up something and if we all chip in and get him a telly to watch the world cup on its a nice gesture from us, p.s. If anyone wants the pm his wife sent pm me, Mikz or Red Baron as they recieved it also.

that's a nice idea, maybe get him one in time for the cup final?. Or pop down there and watch it with him?.
AlanHansen

Postby Ciggy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:51 am

Message from Mrsdrummerphil.

Sorry but I don't have good news for you all we were told Phil as from 6 months to max 12 months to live. He will begin a month's course of radiotherapy in 2 weeks time and will have treatment to his whole brain 15 times and 5 times to the main area where the know the cancer is showing. Dont know if he will be able to come home after this but he will stay in hospital for at least the next 6 to 8 weeks.

If he can come home and know he carn't wait to get back to put the world to rights with you guys, he misses you all and you have been his life line over the past months and I thankyou deeply for that but also hope you will keep in touch with him and I am printing off any messages you send and took the thread asking where he was to him yesterday and he was really touched. He is trying to stay strong but we all know it is going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride but his main concern at the moment is getting a TV to watch some important game he keeps rambling on about! ( Just kidding - I know the game is very important to you all and I have to go sort out the TV now and get to the hospital)
Thank you

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:54 am

thats so sad, and even now he is thinking of the people on the forum. this shouldnt happen to good guys

:(
112-1077774096

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 04, 2006 11:55 am

Isn't it possible for the hospital or something to get him a laptop, then at least we can talk directly and offer support
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:08 pm

do we need paypal, cant we just transfer to his wifes account or someone trustworthy on here, we can transfer to their account
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Thu May 04, 2006 12:08 pm

Ciggy I am in if the forum decides to do anything for Phil. Please PM if you decide how to help him.

Come on Phil, you can do this mate. Hope to see you here soon.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu May 04, 2006 12:17 pm

I'm really very sorry to hear the news. I'm not a huge poster on this site although i'm on here constantly through the day every day (helps me get through a days work!!!) and recognise Phil as one of the most credible (and funny) posters on this site.

Phil i hope things improve and you can go home and continue posting on this site and (more importantly) get to watch our beloved Liverpool win the league next year!!

If there's anyway i can chip in to sort out a tv (can you not rent them through the hospital as i've done this in the past) or even a laptop then please let me know I'd be more than happy to help out.

Without wanting to pry- does anyone know what hospital he's in so we can investigate the tv/laptop thing in time for the cup final?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu May 04, 2006 12:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:Message from Mrsdrummerphil.

Sorry but I don't have good news for you all we were told Phil as from 6 months to max 12 months to live. He will begin a month's course of radiotherapy in 2 weeks time and will have treatment to his whole brain 15 times and 5 times to the main area where the know the cancer is showing. Dont know if he will be able to come home after this but he will stay in hospital for at least the next 6 to 8 weeks.

If he can come home and know he carn't wait to get back to put the world to rights with you guys, he misses you all and you have been his life line over the past months and I thankyou deeply for that but also hope you will keep in touch with him and I am printing off any messages you send and took the thread asking where he was to him yesterday and he was really touched. He is trying to stay strong but we all know it is going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride but his main concern at the moment is getting a TV to watch some important game he keeps rambling on about! ( Just kidding - I know the game is very important to you all and I have to go sort out the TV now and get to the hospital)
Thank you

of course i'm in. which hospital is he in ciggy. Its easy for me to get messages to him also  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:21 pm

I just took a look at the official website and they do have a public relations section and maybe it's worth giving them a shout re: TV and player visit. Phil's a legend round here and he commands a great deal of respect because he's one of the top posters. Come on Phil, you can beat this, dude.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu May 04, 2006 12:34 pm

words echoed from liverpool, and the same for you phil mate :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion