Daniel agger...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:29 pm

Of course he will start v's Tottenham!! I think Rafa might even play the same team as he did last night. Possible changes - maybe Crouch for Bellamy and....he may choose to play Gonzales instead of Garcia bit wee Luis had a good game last night.

Agger has been great recently. He is a such a cool customer under pressure without being slack. He is an ideal foil for JC and has the advantage of being left footed (distibution from the defence is key with pacy forwards). I am delighted he is now in the team. His recent performaces are close to cementing his place in the team and I look forward to seeing lots more of him in weeks to come. He has the "potential" to become a LFC legend.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:20 pm

I would love us now to have a few games without conceding a goal. I think this would do Agger confidence the world of good. Fingers crossed on that one. To me he has looked solid and i think our recent good form has alot to do with the change from Hyppia to Agger. Since the Everton game we have only conceded 1 goal which lets be honest was a bit special. We should still have beaten Chelsea (away) and PSV (away) which is my book says we aren't as bad as some people are making out.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:47 am

Personally I am amazed that Agger has been keeping Hypia out of the team.  Its great that our team is progressing like this, and Rafa has set the tone that he nurtures young talent.  (Argueably) He changed the the best CM in the world to accomodate Sissoko and now he is dropping the Collosus to make way for young talent.  Young player will not want to go to Chelsea (think about what happend to SWP), but young players should be attracted to a club like Liverpool as Rafa has shown that he is not afraid to drop established playersin order to tactically rotate and give player a break.  In Agger's case, I think that Hypia would do a better job at the moment but playing Agger is great for his development and for the morale for the other young players trying to break through. 
Well done Rafa!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Espionage wrote:He changed the the best CM in the world to accomodate Sissoko and now he is dropping the Collosus to make way for young talent. 

and havn't the pair of them listened and learnt. what an acquisition these two are...for what 10 million between them give or take.

lets hope gonzalez and paletta fare equally over the campaign.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 pm

hes a necessety to the team, but it saddens me to see hyypia on the bench because he had such a good game against spurs, but with agger he provides a different dimension that hyypia doesnt, he can advance and has a good range of low ball passes, which works well with carra partenering im, i for one will b sorry when hyypia leaves or retires because his service to the club has been top class and is a legend in my eyes, but with rafa looking towards the future agger has to b on the pitch

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:56 pm

Young players can make you look daft with the pace they develop at. a couple of weeks ago I advised caution as I thought one or two were getting carried away with Agger. I was of course totally wrong as his performances at the moment are surpassing anything I was expecting from him this season. At the moment he would be the best young centre-half in the Premiership I would have thought, having comfortably eclipsed Dawson, Senderos and Anton Ferdinand in my book. Were he English, then as a footballing centre-half he would be Rio Ferdinands understudy in the England squad and my bet is the Man Utd man would be casting nervous glances over his shoulder. 

As to how good he can become, it is anyone's guess. Rather like Sissoko, he is very unusual in modern day football in the way he plays. Elegant ball playing centre-halves have gone out of fashion somewhat. This is both because taller players are no longer automatically exempt from playing in midfileld (in days gone by Gerrard would probably have been converted to centre-back aa an apprentice), and because coaches are less tolerant of potential mistakes made by getting caught in posession etc etc. He can become a really top player given time and patience, and I hope that the fans will show some when the inevitable happens and he gives a goal away with his reluctance to just hoof it out.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:51 pm

So, unfortunately I didn't catch the game yesterday, but reading through the match thread I notice, that some people are already starting to say things like "Hyypia should have played, he would have coped with the aerial threat" and are thus seemingly questioning young Agger. I hope this isn't the case after just one game, after him playing so well for us in recent weeks. Therefore I would just like to hear, what people actually think of his game yesterday? I've seen the goals, and he doesn't look that involved in either of them, but perhaps he was involved in the buildup, which you rarely notice in the highlights?
JamCar05

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:19 pm

i reckon young Dan Agger looks better with every game he plays, always looks calm & composed, barely makes a bad pass - he's a class act.

It was fairly obvious when Benitez bought him (being as aggers only 21) that as well as looking for cover for carra & sami, that he also had his mind on a long-term replacement for sami. I think he's already established himself as first choice at centre-half along with carra
crouchaldinho

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:22 pm

Oh yeah - not to mention that amazing strike against west ham!!!
crouchaldinho

Postby lou93 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:40 pm

He's an obvious choice to replace hyypia. and will start a lot more games this season. I think all he needs to do  now is form a partnership with carra.
lou93

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:48 pm

i reckon the foundations are already there for a great partnership with carra, in fact, i think this could turn out to be one of the best defensive partnerships we've seen since hansen/lawrenson
crouchaldinho

Postby OctopusesGarden » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:24 pm

played well bu should have got tighter or the header,
his confidance on the bal reminds me of hansen
OctopusesGarden

Postby GarciaAlonso » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:02 pm

-sorry posted in wrong thread-
Last edited by GarciaAlonso on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GarciaAlonso

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:42 pm

GarciaAlonso wrote:-sorry posted in wrong thread-

Awesome first post dude!

Just kidding mate, happy posting..............!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:06 pm

Daniel Agger what a defender to replace Big Sami but as weve seen he can do it with ease, not many could replace the big Finn. :buttrock
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion