CHARLIE ADAM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 am

Everton, Fulham or Stoke?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 am

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:20 am wrote:Everton, Fulham or Stoke?

Fulham would be the best fit for him imo. We could also try to include him in a deal for Dempsey if theres any chance of that happening. We need more players who can score goals and if Dempsey (as a backup, not starter) can come in and give us the 7-10 goals that Maxi (as a backup) provided then I cant see how the deal could backfire on us. Add the merchandise, increased US fanbase..etc that would come from the deal and its a no lose situation for us.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 am

aCe' » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 am wrote:

Fulham would be the best fit for him imo. We could also try to include him in a deal for Dempsey if theres any chance of that happening. We need more players who can score goals and if Dempsey (as a backup, not starter) can come in and give us the 7-10 goals that Maxi (as a backup) provided then I cant see how the deal could backfire on us. Add the merchandise, increased US fanbase..etc that would come from the deal and its a no lose situation for us.

I was thinking that they won't have any need for him anymore seeing that they are close to completing a deal for Kieran Richardson, who while is predominantly a left winger, can play in a central position too.

Furthermore, they already have Damien Duff on the left wing if I'm not wrong. But then today's rumours on Soccernet had Dembele moving to Spurs for around 15m? So I guess it makes sense, especially since we're apparently in for Dempsey.

But I feel his style of play is more suited to a team like Stoke, long ball, set pieces, etc. Fulham's style of play has changed under Jol if you watch some of their games. Perhaps the additions of Petric and Ruiz played a part. Plus Duff and Riise are performing well for them.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 am

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:31 am wrote:

I was thinking that they won't have any need for him anymore seeing that they are close to completing a deal for Kieran Richardson, who while is predominantly a left winger, can play in a central position too.

Furthermore, they already have Damien Duff on the left wing if I'm not wrong. But then today's rumours on Soccernet had Dembele moving to Spurs for around 15m? So I guess it makes sense, especially since we're apparently in for Dempsey.

But I feel his style of play is more suited to a team like Stoke, long ball, set pieces, etc. Fulham's style of play has changed under Jol if you watch some of their games. Perhaps the additions of Petric and Ruiz played a part. Plus Duff and Riise are performing well for them.

All their play seems to center around Dembele and if they lose him (and Dempsey) they're in for a tough season. I can see them looking at someone like Adam to replace Dembele in the middle of the park if the Spurs deal goes through. Richardson won't add much to their side (will likely rotate with Diarra) and the likes of Duff, Riise and Ruiz, Petric...etc all need someone in the middle to dictate the tempo. Adam isnt a bad player and for a midtable side (the 3 you mentioned and Sunderland being prime examples) he'd be an excellent player to have in the starting lineup.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 am

I don't give a toss where he goes, just get rid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Reg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 am wrote:I don't give a toss where he goes, just get rid.

this :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:15 pm

stmichael » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm wrote:
Reg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 am wrote:I don't give a toss where he goes, just get rid.

this x2
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby The Raven » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm

eds » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:15 pm wrote:
stmichael » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm wrote:

this x2

x3 Out of all the Dalgish signings this was the worst.
The Raven

Postby burjennio » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:37 pm

In BR's latest interview from the official site he had the following to say about Adam:

Asked about Charlie Adam's future, the manager said: "Charlie's a very good player. He'll be a pivotal part of the Scottish national team going forward. He's a terrific player with a good left foot, who will score goals and I'm sure he'll do very well for Scotland."

"He'll do very well for Scotland" leads me to believe that the Scots days are numbered at LFC.
burjennio

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:49 pm

PMSL...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby The Raven » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

He'll be a pivotal part for anyone that will take him going forward. He's a terrific player with a good left foot, who will score goals and I'm sure he'll do very well for anyone that will take him" ROLL ROLL UP!!!!

Fixed
The Raven

Postby celtic-red! » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:12 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 am wrote:

more suited to stoke!!

Adam is a playmaker.  Stoke would be horrible for him.

Best football of his career was @ blackpool who are the total opposite of stoke.
celtic-red!
LFC Basic Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Ave had a text saying Adam, Spearing AND Carroll are not in the squad tomorrow
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm wrote:Ave had a text saying Adam, Spearing AND Carroll are not in the squad tomorrow

Would like to know who they will replace Carroll with.
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

stoke have bid £4m apparently
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion