CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE DRAW - 1700 BST

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 pm

You might find that there's a whole lot difference between saying "El pupas", and "Las pupas".

Get your own folklore right if you're an Atletico supporter!

Let alone your identification of rival clubs (he edited to RS but said I'm an Espanyol fan) :laugh:

The second division? everything ok, you know it well.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 pm

bigmick wrote:My prediction, predictably, is that all four English teams will comfortably progress through the group stage as they always do. Sorry to be so predictable.

Wouldn't say we comfortably progressed through the group stage last year myself Mick.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Atleti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:26 pm

Sabre,

Just checked the declinations. I´m not a native Spanish speaker and yep... theres a big difference. Even so it refers to a cry baby rather than "gafe" as you implied. Its a name from the merengues so I don´t really have too much time for it. Indios is far more widespead.

As for the escudo, yep, I edited it and took you for a Vikingo from the off. When replying the sig doesn´t show up... A slip..

As for the 2nd division... I believe we´ve actually spent exactly the same number of years post war in it as Liverpool have... TWO.

Now one thing you cant deny is that Atleti has the best football fiestas in Spain!!!
www.madrid-guide-spain.com English Atleti ST holder
Atleti

Postby Number 9 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 pm

Atleti wrote:Sabre,

Just checked the declinations. I´m not a native Spanish speaker and yep... theres a big difference. Even so it refers to a cry baby rather than "gafe" as you implied. Its a name from the merengues so I don´t really have too much time for it. Indios is far more widespead.

As for the escudo, yep, I edited it and took you for a Vikingo from the off. When replying the sig doesn´t show up... A slip..

As for the 2nd division... I believe we´ve actually spent exactly the same number of years post war in it as Liverpool have... TWO.

Now one thing you cant deny is that Atleti has the best football fiestas in Spain!!!

Do the native supporters call you an "Ooter"?? :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I'll grant you that the most impressive atmosphere is in Vicente Calderón. :) There's no doubt about it, much better than Real Madrid's crowd and only comparable to some nights in Sevilla.

I'd just remove some cúnts there are behind one of the goals, yanno, the ones not liking foreigners.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Atleti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:31 pm

The fondo Sur has been cut by a third this year and the problems with Aberdeen and Bolton last year saw a very very heavy police presence last night. The Ultras werent even allowed to congregate near the ground and had their alcohol confiscated on arrival.

The rest of us however were drinking freely in the street and the atmosphere inside was better than the 4-2 against los culoes last year!!!
Atleti

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Atleti wrote:Sabre,

Never mind all the pleasantries...... how much do you want for Aguero ? We will give you Kuyt and Voronin for him ? Two players for one ..... must be a bargain !
account deleted by request

Postby Atleti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 pm

You can have him for twice that of Torres... Yes, he is that good!!!

Him and Forlan remind me a lot of the Rush Aldridge partnership (minus tashs), the 1st line of defence and all that!

Forlan is a different player to when he was at the Scum... although he still has the girly hair.
Atleti

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 pm

Atleti wrote:The fondo Sur has been cut by a third this year and the problems with Aberdeen and Bolton last year saw a very very heavy police presence last night. The Ultras werent even allowed to congregate near the ground and had their alcohol confiscated on arrival.

The rest of us however were drinking freely in the street and the atmosphere inside was better than the 4-2 against los culoes last year!!!

Good to hear the twáts are controlled, because as I say, 95% of the crowd are great people.

The modus operandi of those cúnts is dangerous, they go hunting in groups of 5 or 6 to find lone away supporters. So the trick is not to wander around alone and be in big groups.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Atleti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 pm

I said to the Dons and Wanderers fans last year:

Get off the metro at Puerta de Toledo,

Walk down PAseo de Patones

Stop at every bar, enjoy the beer and the street party.

DO NOT go to Piramides! It is closer but its the wrong end of the ground.

A lot of the subhuman element is gone... we´re now too expensive! Aklthough there is always a few idiots around...
Atleti

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Atleti wrote:You can have him for twice that of Torres... Yes, he is that good!!!

Him and Forlan remind me a lot of the Rush Aldridge partnership (minus tashs), the 1st line of defence and all that!

Forlan is a different player to when he was at the Scum... although he still has the girly hair.

I think you will have a surprise when you see Torres again. He is no longer El Nino..... now he is El Hombre. Takes all the kicks and knocks and just scores and scores and scores  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm

s@int wrote:
Atleti wrote:You can have him for twice that of Torres... Yes, he is that good!!!

I think you will have a surprise when you see Torres again. He is no longer El Nino..... now he is El Hombre. Takes all the kicks and knocks and just scores and scores and scores  :D

Nice swan!  :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Atletico Madrid are an American team, right?

They have the Stars N Stripes on their badge.

GAWD BLISS THA US.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:48 pm

I have a feeling that the Spanish thread is going to make a comeback before this year is over
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Atletico Madrid are an American team, right?

They have the Stars N Stripes on their badge.

GAWD BLISS THA US.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Y un oso. Semejante a la bandera de California
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion