Can we win the League title with our current squad - Yes or No?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Can we win the premier league title with our curre - Yes or no?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes : 84

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Doesn't really make a difference. I think today has shown even given the best chance he is still incapable of doing what needs to be done. FFS all he had to do was play his best 2 strikers.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 pm

We could win the league if the manager kept the best players on the pitch, FFS Kuyt and Lucas! there so bad its untrue. Its so frustrating, Keane and Torres on the bench, so that Kuyt and Lucas can play? i just cant see the sense in the decision at all!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Well i voted no week ago didnt have time to post.  :(
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:48 pm

i thought i was frustrated and angry, but christ, some of you are talking some :censored:.

"rafa is a joke" and "we've lost the title" - :censored: right off
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:48 pm

forget it
Last edited by aCe' on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:We could win the league if the manager kept the best players on the pitch, FFS Kuyt and Lucas! there so bad its untrue. Its so frustrating, Keane and Torres on the bench, so that Kuyt and Lucas can play? i just cant see the sense in the decision at all!

Can't see any reason why we go into a game with a 4-5-1 where we KNOW that they are just gonna sit back and be gay!!!!!!!!!!REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Playing Kuyt, Masch and Lucas is just the icing on the sh!tcake
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:50 pm

bavlondon wrote:Doesn't really make a difference. I think today has shown even given the best chance he is still incapable of doing what needs to be done. FFS all he had to do was play his best 2 strikers.

then we would of won 4-0, right?
then we would be 6 points clear at this moment in time, and everyone would be as happy as larry???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Thewaykokid wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:We could win the league if the manager kept the best players on the pitch, FFS Kuyt and Lucas! there so bad its untrue. Its so frustrating, Keane and Torres on the bench, so that Kuyt and Lucas can play? i just cant see the sense in the decision at all!

Can't see any reason why we go into a game with a 4-5-1 where we KNOW that they are just gonna sit back and be gay!!!!!!!!!!REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Playing Kuyt, Masch and Lucas is just the icing on the sh!tcake

:D

:shifty
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:53 pm

El Nino_#9 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Doesn't really make a difference. I think today has shown even given the best chance he is still incapable of doing what needs to be done. FFS all he had to do was play his best 2 strikers.

then we would be 6 points clear at this moment in time, and everyone would be as happy as larry???

Well there would be less reason to whinge if he played his strongest team wouldn't there. Whats the point in paying 20Mil for a striker if you hardley use him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:
El Nino_#9 wrote:

Well there would be less reason to whinge if he played his strongest team wouldn't there. Whats the point in paying 20Mil for a striker if you hardley use him.

torres, keane, babel... thats around 60 worth of striker on the bench....
to top it he starts with prolific goal machine dirk kuyt upfront on his own... taking riera off when the left side was the only thing that was remotely posing any danger ?!

gimme a break that game he just got it wrong all together...

this isnt a game thread i know... so back to topic...

if hes going to keep managing the way he is atm.. i dont really think it matters who we have in our squad... i mean keane didnt even get a minute out there and we had an unused sub.... cant imagine in a million years any decent manager doing that when playin a relegation threatened side ad while being top of the table with the thinnest of margins..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Well we just have to hope those 2 draw tomorrow.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm not giving up hope on this one, if they draw we're still in there
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:32 pm

I voted yes but now I see that we definitely need someone really special for our right side.  I have been patient with Benayoun but he is just too inconsistent and Kuyt does not posses the quality to play there.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:30 am

We can win it if the squad is used to its true potential!!!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:45 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I voted yes but now I see that we definitely need someone really special for our right side.  I have been patient with Benayoun but he is just too inconsistent and Kuyt does not posses the quality to play there.

au contraire, I believe Kuyt does a more than adequate job on the right and the problem is a) Keane misses too many chances when played up front, b) Rafa keeps playing Kuyt up front when Torres isn't starting and c) Alonso is our most creative player and he is absent.

We have had a problem beating the weaker sides for a while now, I'll repeat the stats I posted elsewhere, add other seasons under Rafa

08/09 vs promoted sides* (Stoke, Hull & WBA) P4 W1 D3 L0 PTS 6/12 (Won 25.00%)
07/08 vs relegated sides (Reading, Brum & Derby) P6 W3 D2 L1 PTS 11/18 (Won 50.00%)
06/07 vs relegated sides (Charlton, Watford & Sheff Utd) P6 W4 D2 L0 PTS 14/18 (Won 66.67%)
05/06 vs relegated sides (Brum, Sunderland & WBA) P6 W4 D2 L0 PTS 14/18 (Won 66.67%)
04/05 vs relegated sides (Palace, Norwich & Soton) P6 W4 D0 L2 PTS 12/18 (Won 66.67%)

*noone has been relegated yet, but Stoke and WBA are as likely as anyone as things stand.

We regularly drop 4-7 points against sides finishing bottom three, it's simply inexcusable. We can't blame player X or player Y or the formation, because it's a consistent failing with different teams and different formations - remember the system in the defeat at Palace?

Premiership 92/93-present*

vs Promoted sides : P98 W65 D23 L10 (Won 66.33%)
vs Relegated sides : P98 W59 D25 L14 (Won 60.20%)

vs Champions : P32 W6 D6 L20 (Won 18.75%)
vs Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal : P99 W34 W24 L41 (Won 34.34%)

*obviously we don't know who is going to be relegated, also bear in mind there were two promoted and four relegated back when the Premiership was reduced to 20 teams - that imbalance of four games is balanced by us having played four games against promoted sides this season without knowing the sides who will be relegated yet.

So we lose around one game a season to relegated sides and one game in 10 to promoted sides - is that good enough? That's contributory to why we don't challenge for the title, anyone can beat us and plenty get draws - Swindon, Barnsley, Wolves, Stoke, Watford, Reading, QPR, Norwich, Palace, Hull, Bradford, Sheff Utd and Oldham have all taken points off us. That includes sides who spent one season in the Premiership, in fact the only side we have a 100% record against is WBA which is poor considering how many sides have spent only 1-3 seasons in the top flight (10, which is about a quarter of all 42 teams to have played in the Premiership so far)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion