Benayoun signs - We've got him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lou93 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:33 pm

From liverpoolfc.tv:

Rafael Benitez today explained why he was so keen to bring Yossi Benayoun to Anfield after the Israeli international completed his switch to Liverpool. 
The 27-year-old midfielder put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at Anfield until 2011 on Thursday afternoon and Benitez believes he's just the player the Reds need to add extra creativity to their forward play.

"I first saw him play for Racing Santander in La Liga when he was a really good player, but when he first came to England we were watching to be sure he could adapt to a different style of football," said the Liverpool boss.

"It's clear he's done this very well at West Ham. Liverpool fans will remember how he played in the FA Cup Final against us when he was outstanding. We thought then this was a player who is capable of stepping up to a higher level.

"He was offered a big new contract at West Ham and received offers from a lot of other clubs offering him more money but Yossi's message was always the same. He said he was desperate to only join Liverpool because this was his dream. When Rick, the Americans and I spoke about the player, we all agreed this is the kind of attitude we and our supporters really like.

"When you have quality players with his ability showing so much passion to play for your club, it's really good for the team." 

____

I think this is a good solid buy. He's proven, hard-worker and commited. Smart signing form Rafa
lou93

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:41 pm

wow we been spending a bit today lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby happychappy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:42 pm

Agreed, i think its a great piece of work from the gaffa, proven prem quality, no real risk and at a decent price!
"First is First and Second is Nowhere" The Legend Bill Shankley
happychappy

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:42 pm

Benayoun seals Liverpool transfer

Midfielder Yossi Benayoun has completed his move from West Ham to Liverpool.
The 25-year-old midfielder, who is Israel's national captain, has signed for a reported £5m in a four-year deal.

Reds boss Rafael Benitiez has described Benayoun as the ideal replacement for Luis Garcia, who joined Atletico Madrid for £4m earlier in the summer.

"He said he was desperate to only join Liverpool and like Luis, he is a very technical, clever player with a lot of game intelligence," said Benitez.

"He can also play in many positions, giving us a different option for the team.

"Maybe Luis is a player who scores more goals and Benayoun tends to make more assists.

"He was offered a big new contract at West Ham and received offers from a lot of other clubs offering him more money.

"When you have quality players with his ability showing so much passion to play for your club, it's really good for the team."

Benayoun, who described his Anfield move as a "dream", moved to Upton Park from Racing Santander in a £2.5m deal in 2005.

He played 72 games for the Hammers and scored eight goals.

It is the second piece of business between the clubs this close season following striker Craig Bellamy's move to the capital from Merseyside in a £7.5m deal.

606: DEBATE
Is Benayoun worth buying? I think he's going to be on the bench all season

RB

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6289760.stm
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:18 pm

major signings:

torres £21m
babel £11.5m
banayoun £5m
total        £37.5m

major sales:

bellamy £7.5m
cisse £6m
garcia £4m
total £17.5m

net spend: £20m

Not a particularly big outlay by premiership standards, but the players brought in are a real message that we mean business. gotta be honest i know next to f*ck all about the new lads but if reputations are anything to go by, then we've had a cracking summer so far. the yanks have been good to their word so far and obviously aren't fannying about with the new ground either. i doff my cap to them

sorry to see lil' luis go though :(
Last edited by Woollyback on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Woollyback wrote:major signings:

torres £21m
babel £11.5m
banayoun £5m
total        £37.5m

major sales:

bellamy £7.5m
cisse £6m
garcia £4m
total £17.5m

Not a particularly big outlay by premiership standards, but the players brought in are a real message that we mean business. gotta be honest i know next to f*ck all about the new lads but if reputations are anything to go by, then we've had a cracking summer so far. the yanks have been good to their word so far and obviously aren't fannying about with the new ground either. i doff my cap to them

Don't forget, mate, we've got Lucas Leiva in for around 6 million, if memory serves (and should we count Leto as well?).  In the out column, Gonzales should be there soon...I thought I heard that he was going for around 1.5 million.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

torres £21m
babel £11.5m
banayoun £5m
total        £37.5m

major sales:

bellamy £7.5m
cisse £6m
garcia £4m
total £17.5m

Don't forget, mate, we've got Lucas Leiva in for around 6 million, if memory serves (and should we count Leto as well?).  In the out column, Gonzales should be there soon...I thought I heard that he was going for around 1.5 million.

yeah i forgot about leiva - did we really pay £6m for him? 

even still, £26m outlay isn't massive. i'll start calling it massive when we blow £15m on alves :D

gonzales going for 1.5million?

turkish lira? :D
Last edited by Woollyback on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm

and pongolle 2.7mill
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Everton are venturing into the transfer market too.

The board are expected to raise a war chest of around 4M pounds.

As soon as Kenwright can find a buyer for his kidney.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:06 pm

We bought leto for around 1.8m quid.

Don't know how much is that in turkish lira wolly  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Woollyback wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

torres £21m
babel £11.5m
banayoun £5m
total        £37.5m

major sales:

bellamy £7.5m
cisse £6m
garcia £4m
total £17.5m

yeah i forgot about leiva - did we really pay £6m for him? 

even still, £26m outlay isn't massive. i'll start calling it massive when we blow £15m on alves :D

gonzales going for 1.5million?

turkish lira? :D

Yer, I agree that when you look at the sales, the net outlay is still rather modest.  I just am loving the fact that Rafa seems to be getting some of his top targets this time out...and in July as well.  In years past we'd be sweating it into late September, trying to haggle teams down. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:13 pm

abso-f*cking-lutely :cool: i know we were all panicking a few weeks ago cos man utd had come off the blocks like a stabbed rat and signed every fecker they could find, but at the end of the day it's only july 12th and we've pretty much achieved our objectives :cool:  i don't think we're done yet though - i can see rafa pulling a few surprises yet  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Woollyback wrote:abso-f*cking-lutely :cool: i know we were all panicking a few weeks ago cos man utd had come off the blocks like a stabbed rat and signed every fecker they could find, but at the end of the day it's only july 12th and we've pretty much achieved our objectives :cool:  i don't think we're done yet though - i can see rafa pulling a few surprises yet  :cool:

Latest story from Abu Abid the electrician in anfield, he told me that the exciting new winger is Arjen robben, liverpool are prepared to bid around 15m quid plus gonzalez, and mourinho highly rates gonzalez.

robben to sign on tuesday. :cool:

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:14 pm

that's a coincidence, robben's mentor jacques cousteau mentioned to me he fancied merseyside
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion