Baros for world player of the year?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:23 pm

Can we please save this spamming rubbish for General Chat ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:17 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Can we please save this spamming rubbish for General Chat ?

But its Ant Gornall, come on just say it Ant Gornall :D  :D
82-1074641017

Postby the great one » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:49 am

stmichael wrote:
ant gornall wrote:Away with yourselves, Henry is over rated not in the league of some of the past winners.

what football you been watching over the last 2-3 years? did you not see his goal against charlton on saturday?

he can show flashes of brillance against weak premier defences but can he  need did it in the toughest league in the world serie a.yeh i know he played on the wing but hes still the same player if he went back will he get 25 + goals i dnt think he will yeh he showed flashes of brillance in the champions league but wat did aresnal acheive in it nothink went out 2-1 to chelsea in the quarter finals. wat he done at france yeh they won world cup 98 and european championship 2000 but he wasn't a key player when they won it trezguet scored the winning goal to win the european championship which secured him a big move to juventues but henry he scored 1 goal i think in the final against brazil which france won 3-0 but he ws suffering in serie A. wat did he cisse and trezguet or france do at the 2002 world cup nothink they couldn't even score a goal between them not henry who was top scorer in the premier league not trezguet who top scorer in the toughest league in the world and not cisse he is are 14 million signing for Auxerre in one of the worst leagues ion the world so what does henry do he play in the premier league which is slow which makes him look good dnt get me wrong he's a great player but there is players who deserve it more. remeber this who cast the votes national captains and national manger there where alot of them at euro 2004 where he was very quite against good defences he was quite against our england defence .inset for the penalty yeh he scored twice but it was only swissteland he was extremlly quite against greece the european champions who had a good defence and kept him quite.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:05 am

the great one wrote:and not cisse he is are 14 million signing for Auxerre in one of the worst leagues in the world

are you clueless? are u saying France is one of the worst leagues in the world?

think of all the leagues like Albania, Australia, NZ, Malta, Indonesia, Jorea, Japan, Bulgaria and I could say all the leagues in africa and South America (except Brazil and Argentina) and Asia.

what were you on when you said this???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:08 am

the great one wrote:so what does henry do he play in the premier league which is slow.

the PL is one of the fastest leagues in the world and that is whyt a lot of players come from he more slow/technical leagues like Serie A and struggle in England.

oh and one other thing, use spaces in your posts it is so hard to read.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:16 am

These lists are a complete pain in the a*se. Remember Pele's top 120 players of all time, featuring such top names as Diouf and Kluivert?
ivor_the_injun

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:54 am

stu_the_red wrote:Ant you are takin the ****** lad?

Have you heard of Fabio Cannavaro? Probably the first or second best cetnre half over the last 5 or 6 years?

Well he plays for Internazionale, look at the score when Arsenal played them last season.

i dont think cannavaro was playing
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:59 am

henry is consitently shown to be lacking when up agaist a decent defence, not always but qutie a few times. I watch a lot of arsenal games and i have seen henry disapear from matches when he's playing good sides, why do you think arsenal struggle in the champions league so much. I know loads of arsenal supporters who tell me the same the same thing
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:01 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:henry is consitently shown to be lacking when up agaist a decent defence, not always but qutie a few times. I watch a lot of arsenal games and i have seen henry disapear from matches when he's playing good sides, why do you think arsenal struggle in the champions league so much. I know loads of arsenal supporters who tell me the same the same thing

that's because he gets man marked in the champions league. i don't understand why teams in the premiership don't do it aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:37 pm

i dont think cannavaro was playing

I think you'll find he was lad, he came off injured in the second half by which time Henry had already scored. Check your facts.

henry is consitently shown to be lacking when up agaist a decent defence, not always but qutie a few times. I watch a lot of arsenal games and i have seen henry disapear from matches when he's playing good sides, why do you think arsenal struggle in the champions league so much. I know loads of arsenal supporters who tell me the same the same thing

What are you on?

Did you see the way he took our defence to pieces every time we've played against them? Inter Milans defence etc etc. Don't sit there and spout rubbish. I can't stand Henry style, i don't like the way he plays, he's not the sort of player i'd go for but he's absoloutely class. He has unreal pace, wonderful techique and touch, a very good brain, a classy finisher a good goalscorer, gets ****** loads of assists, can beat men with ease and he generally oozes class every time he plays. The fact that he does it against ALL the poor sides should tell you how good he is that the fact is only the VERY BEST defences have a 50% (AT BEST) chance of stopping him.

Think about what ya sayin lad!!!
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:16 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Did you see the way he took our defence to pieces every time we've played against them?

Not true Stu (poet and I didnt know it), I have watched many games against Arsenal where he has looked average against us, when he is on blob he is great, but ruffle his feathers and he dont like it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:40 pm

Where's Biscan?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:17 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
the great one wrote:and not cisse he is are 14 million signing for Auxerre in one of the worst leagues in the world

are you clueless? are u saying France is one of the worst leagues in the world?

think of all the leagues like Albania, Australia, NZ, Malta, Indonesia, Jorea, Japan, Bulgaria and I could say all the leagues in africa and South America (except Brazil and Argentina) and Asia.

what were you on when you said this???

yeh they worst but im on about popularity wise the best players go to the best leagues e.g italy,spain,england germany etc they dnt go to ****** leagues like france,holland,belguim them league are for developing players and where players finish there playing career.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:42 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Did you see the way he took our defence to pieces every time we've played against them?

Not true Stu (poet and I didnt know it), I have watched many games against Arsenal where he has looked average against us, when he is on blob he is great, but ruffle his feathers and he dont like it.

my point exactly leon, Henry when put up against top teams has been found wanting on many occasions, e.g vs chelsea in the champions league semi final. He can be isolated from the game and just sticks on the left flank doing nothing, he especially struggles when playing agaist defenders with decent pace coz he cant just run past them, beleive he's still a class player but no like a zidane or ronaldo who will produce the best when it counts on a consistent basis
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 pm

i agree wit stu, hes the best forward in the premier league
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion