World team of the year - Reds:champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:35 pm

zarababe wrote:Well given the cricket team won it on the BBC :angry: I hope some sense will prevail in this one. We deserve it for the impact it had on so many .. Sky reported receiving congratulatory and good will messages from people from over 70 diffreent countries.. we deserve it because it would recognise an incredible and unique achievement, the joy it brought to so many and the pure footballing spectacle it turned out to be; not even Sepp Blatter could of thought-up that one :D

That was stupid when the English Cricket team won it. They barely won the series 2-1. And in the first victory for the poms, the ball came off Kasperwich's hand which wasn't on the bat, therefore not out with 2 runs to win. Hardly a convincing win considering the hidings the Aussie have handed out around the world.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:56 pm

southern bias,they are despersate for a london team to conquer europe,that is why i do not want arsenal to win it,the papers will be full of it if they do
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:10 am

Liverpool's feat in winning the CL, especially after coming back from the dead in the final itself 0-3 down is the mother of all comebacks against such an accomplished team as AC Milan.

Renault's achievement in F1 is something to wonder as well, they did it with not the fastest/quickest car on the grid and by also not outspending the competition (which is between McLaren and Ferrari), but with excellent teamwork, superb engineering, spot-on race tactics and a brilliant certain young driver in Fernando Alonso.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:44 pm

mighty mo wrote:southern bias,they are despersate for a london team to conquer europe,that is why i do not want arsenal to win it,the papers will be full of it if they do

It'll be all right, when they say their number one I'll just hold up five fingers and say that's alright, one day in about 50 years you'll win 5, course by then we'll have ten.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion