Any suggestions for a new centre back?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:46 pm

stmichael wrote:hobbs is still a kid

And he'll stay a Kid unless we show a bit of confidence in the lad and use him...... We're not gonna get a big name foreigner and if we did look abroad you always run the risk of what's happened at Spurs...... They paid 8 million for Yunus Kaboul(?) and he's been awful so far........ Give Hobbs a go and don't keep him in cotton wool.......

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NJD83 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 pm

Why are we even having this conversation? And why are people talking about Cannavaro? We have JC & DA with Hyypia, Hobbs and Arbeloa for CB if need be.

Sabre are you saying Cannavaro is better than Agger or JC? We need to put all our money into a class right winger we all know that!!!
NJD83

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:19 pm

NJD83 wrote:Why are we even having this conversation? And why are people talking about Cannavaro? We have JC & DA with Hyypia, Hobbs and Arbeloa for CB if need be.

Sabre are you saying Cannavaro is better than Agger or JC? We need to put all our money into a class right winger we all know that!!!

Canavaro is 5 times better than carra and agger, world class defender if you ask me.

I think we need a center back, I agree with woof, Hobbs is still unproven and unless we get another center back then we will be vulnerbal at the back if Agger and Carragher are injured (I'm speaking in the future).

I thought Gabriel Militio would be an excellent addition, however he went to Barcelona.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:21 pm

I would love to see  Micah Richards in Liverpool. 10m + PC for Micah Richards
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:31 pm

I would like to see Jack Jobbs being used more though, they say he has all the attributes so all he really needs now is GAMES! I think this is a better idea than bringing in some other unknown foreigner for back-up.

However the talk of Vincent Kompany excites me but probably only due to hours spent on Champ Manager
Ray Pugh

Postby europian-kings » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:35 pm

micah richards. has the pace and is stil very young. pace is the one thing we lack at the back.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby NJD83 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:36 pm

[quote]Canavaro is 5 times better than carra and agger

Not sure I agree with that!!

And spending £10m plus Crouch (£12M) so £22m on Richards is mad when we have two centre backs at the moment that would walk into any team in the PL, we don't know unless we try him in a few big games but Hobbs could well be just as good as Richards!!!
NJD83

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:08 pm

metalhead wrote:Canavaro is 5 times better than carra and agger, world class defender if you ask me.

Can't have that.

Maybe technically better than Carra, and stronger than Agger. Carra trumps his defensive abilities IMHO. Maybe slightly better overall but not 5 times.
LFC2007

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:55 pm

wit agger back soon,we have carragher,hyypia agger... and then hobbs if we need him.hyypia will be gone within the next 18 months imo,...and by shiiping in players it isnt going to give the younger players from the acadmey/reserve team that are possibly good enough(if we  get to see more of him) a chance
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:57 pm

john craig wrote: Then there's Hobbs - what's the point in having a reserve team if the captain isn't considered good enough to be 4th choice centre back for the first team??

he is fourth choice,agger was out injured and wen carragher got injured he came in
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:09 pm

peterc1992 wrote:
john craig wrote:Then there's Hobbs - what's the point in having a reserve team if the captain isn't considered good enough to be 4th choice centre back for the first team??

he is fourth choice,agger was out injured and wen carragher got injured he came in

hes saying if we got another one, he wouldnt be 4th choice
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby taff » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:16 pm

It looks like Hobbs is getting introduced slowly and I hope he makes the grade but with Hypia getting older I can see us getting somebody in.  I havent got any names but would like to see somebody who can play the ball out as well as the basiscs of defending.

I see Hypias role as organiser in training etc and back up until his contract runs out, what he will do then is anybodys guess
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
metalhead wrote:Canavaro is 5 times better than carra and agger, world class defender if you ask me.

Can't have that.

Maybe technically better than Carra, and stronger than Agger. Carra trumps his defensive abilities IMHO. Maybe slightly better overall but not 5 times.

I disagree, I love Carragher, I wouldn't swap him for Canavarro, but Canavarro is much more better than Carra.

for a 5 foot 6 or something, Canavarro is better in the air than Carragher, he is a better footballer and he is slightly clever than Carra.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:30 pm

metalhead wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Can't have that.

I disagree, I love Carragher, I wouldn't swap him for Canavarro, but Canavarro is much more better than Carra.

for a 5 foot 6 or something, Canavarro is better in the air than Carragher, he is a better footballer and he is slightly clever than Carra.

A player 5 times better but you wouldn't swap him?

Carra's about as good a pure defender as they come at the moment.

He doesn't do fancy stuff, but he's highly effective as a defender for us, and that's all that matters.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:33 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Can't have that.

A player 5 times better but you wouldn't swap him?

Carra's about as good a pure defender as they come at the moment.

He doesn't do fancy stuff, but he's highly effective as a defender for us, and that's all that matters.

Ofcourse I wouldn't swap him because Carra is a red and canavaro isnt

I agree, Carragher is a pure defender, he defends for his life.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion