Next seasons centre back partnership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 am

I've read in Marca that San Jose has gone on loan to Pathetic of Bilbao, and I have been the weekend away, can you confirm if that's true? I don't find anything with the sear tool of the forum.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:55 am

Sabre wrote:I've read in Marca that San Jose has gone on loan to Pathetic of Bilbao, and I have been the weekend away, can you confirm if that's true? I don't find anything with the sear tool of the forum.

I've read that somewhere too.. think its true..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 am

aCe' wrote:
Sabre wrote:I've read in Marca that San Jose has gone on loan to Pathetic of Bilbao, and I have been the weekend away, can you confirm if that's true? I don't find anything with the sear tool of the forum.

I've read that somewhere too.. think its true..

Well thank god for that, dreadful defender, maybe a season on loan will sort him out.
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:21 am

Whether they were dazed from the clash of heads or not, the number of stupid needless free kicks that Carra, and especially Skrtel gave away yesterday was embarassing.

I see it took Andy Gray all of ten minutes to mention zonal marking again. :glare:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:22 am

He was going to leap on the zonal marking mate as soon as he got a chance - it was a great free kick and a great leap from bassong .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:33 am

Even i heard that somewre..That loan deal would be good IMHO... loan to a top level team
RobinHood6969

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:36 am

Liverpool defender Mikel San Jose has rejoined former club Athletic Bilbao on loan.

San Jose joined Liverpool from Bilbao in the summer of 2007, but he has so far failed to make a first-team appearance.

The central defender featured in pre-season for Liverpool, but he is well down the pecking order in Rafa Benitez's plans.

Benitez has allowed the 20-year-old to return to his homeland for the whole of this season and Bilbao have the option to make the move permanent at the end of the campaign.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 am

I've just watched the highlights and Bassongs goal wasn't a zonal marking issue. For me the burden of blame is shared by Carragher and Glen Johnson, with a slight lead for Johnson. Johnson picks Bassong up in the first instance, then as the Spurs man goes accross the line he manages to get infront of Carragher then scores with an admittedly excellent header.

Now as I've said before, you can mark man to man, in zones, phones, traffic cones or whatever else you like, if you don't attack the football and the bloke who is trying to score does, you have a problem. Carra wasn't to know Bassong was coming from off his right shoulder, but had he attacked it fully it wouldn't have overly mattered. As it was Carragher was jumping up, whereas Bassong jumps out at the ball. Johnson though gets the most of the blame for me because he lets the Spurs man do it. Come on Glen it's a mans game and you're a big lad. You get your arm accross, you lean in and Carra heads it out. It happens a dozen times every match and you physically impose yourself upon the bloke you are marking. What you don't do once he wanders off is think well that's me out of the equation. Johnson needs to be bigger there for me.

That said he obviously did great on our goal, and that's what he gives you.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 am

agree 100% - instead of looking for blame Mr Andy Gray - why didnt he just say it was a great run and attack of the football and our defenders where a bit flat and bassong got a great leap ahead - nothing to do with zonal marking
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am

GYBS wrote:agree 100% - instead of looking for blame Mr Andy Gray - why didnt he just say it was a great run and attack of the football and our defenders where a bit flat and bassong got a great leap ahead - nothing to do with zonal marking

I'm pro zonal simply because I think it's a better system, but the one aspect of it which is inferior is it allows defenders to hide. Johnson did it for me on the goal. As Bassong heads in the direction of the incoming ball our man doesn't do enough to stop him getting there. Anyone watching says "ah feck me it was Carra's fault" but the centre half is entitled to expect better back up from his full back.

If a bloke is in your zone and you're marking him, you want to be making sure he can't just feck off without impediment. Defoe did it from under the sticks in the first half as well. All that said, even the most anti of anti's would surely have to concede that as a defensive coach (ie coach of the defence before anyone starts frothing at the mouth) Rafa has few if any equals. Johnson will get a rocket up his erse, as will the rest of the defence and we'll get better in that respect.

One worry from the bits I saw was Masherano. I do hope we haven't kept him in name only and he's going to become a shell of his previous self as he has a strop on. Palacios bossed that midfield from what I saw, and we need to do better there as well.

BTW on the penalty for me it's one you might get at Home, maybe, but it's asking a bit much to get two away. I can't agree that it was a stick on, Voronin went to ground too easy for me. Given against us we would have gone berserk.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am

Me mate gets the team sent to him the day before each match from someone who claims to know a player.
He showed me a text yesterday saying that Agger needs to have an operation due to a back problem and will be out for 6 weeks.
He said we have no money to sign players and that Rafa tried to get Tomkins (young centre half) from west ham on loan. West ham refused but offered us the welsh fella james collins instead. Rafa apparantly turned it down and is still looking but only for loan signings supposedly.

Not sure if all this is true like but he always gets the team spot on.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 am

Collins or Collison ??? if its collison he is a cracking player
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:40 am

GYBS wrote:Collins or Collison ??? if its collison he is a cracking player

No mate the ginger haired welsh centre half.
Collison is a cracking looking player, he is a midfielder though.

Both are welsh though so i can see why you asked.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

Ace Ventura wrote:

Ah danny collins i think- been around a number of years now and was very good for them when they got to the fa cup final a number of years ago but since then has faded away
Last edited by GYBS on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:45 am

GYBS wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Ah danny collins i think- been around a number of years now and was very good for them when they got to the fa cup final a number of years ago but since then has faded away

Who is Danny Collins ?

His name is James ye plank  :D

Anyway he is not good enough for us, and Rafa apparantly turned it down if what me mates heard is true.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion