Centre back situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:52 am

I have to admit that this is the one position I am definitely worried about.  There is no one with quality and experience who can come in for Carra or Hyypia in any of the big games if needed.

Josemi and Traore I do not rate at all as centre backs.  Josemi has got some praise on here recently, but imo he's looked no better at CB than he did at RB, and that's garbage.  He goes to ground far too easily and isn't sound positionally.  Traore is poor positionally also and despite his height he's very poor in the air.  Both are ok cover as full-backs but I don't trust them in the centre.

Whitbread I do rate, I think he can become a good player.  We might get away with throwing him in against some of the weaker sides, but he's not yet ready to be thrown on in the big games.

Barring any serious injury to Carra or Sami, we'll survive until January without too much damage done
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:50 pm

what i find really strange is that this is not a new situation to find ourselves in - last year we signed Pelle to help us out and in the last few seasons the likes of Biscan, Diao etc have all played CB for us - something odd about the fact that its a problem which never seems to get resolved.

Could Jerzy/Carson play there ??? seriously though - we never know whether one of the youngsters could step in for a few games, 17/18 is young but if the talent is there why not?
red_indian

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:15 pm

Stevie could do a job there.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ry_math » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:50 pm

yes but we need stevies driveing force in the middle
ry_math

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:54 pm

Would you rather be powerful across the midfield or only strong down the middle?

Were overloaded with decent CMers, time for the leader to show his cause for the greater good.

Or Moro/Croro will be as lame as tommO's posts.
109-1093441336

Postby Adebisi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:03 pm

Just put Crouch diagonally across the goals
Adebisi

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion