Gerrard, vieira or keane?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:22 pm

I got a feeling if you posted the same question on a manc board or a l arsenal board they would answer keane and viera .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 pm

All three were/are superb footballers but for his ability to trun a game around Gerrard with keane a close second. Viera was also incredible though used to be fun when Arsenal played Manure and it was keane against Viera, always fireworks.
I'd probably say that Keane and Viera were better captains though.
heimdall

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:38 pm

When either of the other two could drag the team from the depths
of despair while robbing the ball of the opposition, whilst dropping the shoulder
half way through a mesmerizing run and hitting an absolute screamer with either foot
from 40 yrds i will consider it.

But Gerrard for me  :nod
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Gerrard is a totally different player to Keane and Viera (who were similar)

SG is more explosive, the guy you look to when it is 0-0 to get a late winner. Keane and Viera were not those guys.

However Viera was the most physically dominating of the three while Keane did not spectacular, just won the ball and gave the right pass to the right guy - he controlled the game which SG cannot do.

Gerrard is totally different to Keane, it like asking whether Aldo was better than Barnes.

Keane got the most of his other players but was weak mentally as got sent off often.

All cancels out really.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 pm

this one, then again maybe not :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:42 pm

At least you know SG won't walk out at the start of a world cup :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 pm

I liked Veira he was absolutely a midfield enforcer and had good feet when needed too.

Keane just aggravated me smelly barsteward but was ok i suppose :;): .

Gerrard just gives you everything, but could speak more on the pitch i suppose. But when
Carra's screaming at the whole team i doubt he needs too.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:33 pm

stmichael wrote:Was browsing another forum and saw an excellent question. Who would you take?

Roy Keane
Patrick Vieira
Steven Gerrard.

All three in their prime, all three captained their team. If you could only choose one of them in their prime which one would it be and why?

Gerrard, hands down.

Viera was hit and miss AFAIR and Roy Keane was a dirty, violent, petulant arsehole, who should have been banned for life after that tackle (assualt) on Haaland.

There's no competition.
tonyeh

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:47 pm

tonyeh wrote:
stmichael wrote:Was browsing another forum and saw an excellent question. Who would you take?

Roy Keane
Patrick Vieira
Steven Gerrard.

All three in their prime, all three captained their team. If you could only choose one of them in their prime which one would it be and why?

Gerrard, hands down.

Viera was hit and miss AFAIR and Roy Keane was a dirty, violent, petulant arsehole, who should have been banned for life after that tackle (assualt) on Haaland.

There's no competition.

Oh yeah I nearly forgot about the GBH on Håland, how the hell Keane got away with that is rediculous, he even admitted it was premeditated in his autobiography didn't he?
heimdall

Postby tonyeh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Aye. Pure flith as far as I'm concerned and indicative of a number of players that have come through Utd. Cantona was another fuckhead who I hated.

Sorry for the language, but these gits boil my blood. :angry:

After his walk out of Sunderland, I never want to see Keane involved in football again.
tonyeh

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm

well lets all remember we had some dirty gits in our team over the year - mr smith wasnt afraid to take people out on purpose and intend to injure people .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Gerrard any day.. Viera and keano were were good aswel but gerrard offers more passion for the club and could pouch in a winner from knowhere.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:00 pm

As others have suggested, Gerrard is a completely different type of player to the other two.  His game has changed drastically over the years.

Keane and Vieira are obviously primarily ball winners and tempo-setters.  Both were also good enough passers and were capable of scoring if given the chance.  Both also had a great presence about them.

Gerrard is more akin to the likes of Fabregas or Nedved.  He's primarily an offensive player who is an excellent creator and scorer of goals, but can do a bit of everything.

If it came down to it though, Gerrard is the better all-round footballer over Keane or Vieira and has looked the better player despite playing alongside much more inferior players than the other two over the course of his career.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Gerrard's a totally different player, a class above the other two. Credit must be handed to Keane and Viera, both amazing players. Keane's had his moments and I just don't take to him at all, still a great player though. The fact Arsenal haven't won anything since Viera left speaks volumes in itself (thats not me saying he is the sole reason for their lack of silverware)

I'd have Gerrard in my team anyday, a genuine matchwinner, true professional
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Arda Turan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Thought this was a Gerrard vs Reira vs Robbie Keane thread.
Arda Turan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion