After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Tue May 07, 2019 10:41 am

Red Rum » Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:How many more Years before we win the league I wonder?

Harder now than ever and the benchmark is nearer 100 points than 90 these days.

City already won the league Cup, may win the FA Cup also. We've won.... Zilch. What have we won under this manager in 3.5 seasons having spent a ruck of money?

Diddly squat.

We'll have the same issues next season unfortunately, so I'm feeling really down. City Could go out and spend another £200m in the summer probably, so it's hard to feel optimistic...they and their money bags owners will be around for the foreseeable future, so where does this leave us!?

You are a prize dickhead... and I very much doubt a Liverpool fan...certainly not a Supporter
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Tue May 07, 2019 10:55 am

supersub » Tue May 07, 2019 9:41 am wrote:
Red Rum » Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:How many more Years before we win the league I wonder?

City already won the league Cup, may win the FA Cup also. We've won.... Zilch. What have we won under this manager in 3.5 seasons having spent a ruck of money?

Diddly squat.

We'll have the same issues next season unfortunately, so I'm feeling really down. City Could go out and spend another £200m in the summer probably, so it's hard to feel optimistic...they and their money bags owners will be around for the foreseeable future, so where does this leave us!?

You are a prize dickhead... and I very much doubt a Liverpool fan...certainly not a Supporter

Red Rum - If you are so totally incapable of appreciating what Klopp has achieved since he arrived then I'm sorry but you are a complete idiot. As for what he has spent in net terms it is minuscule compared to City and United. We've recently got rid of Algy the moron and now we have to suffer Sh*t like this. Honestly I f*cking despair.

WELL, I'M PROUD TO CALL MYSELF A RED AND IF WE END THE SEASON WITHOUT A TROPHY THEN MY FEELINGS WONT CHANGE !!
Last edited by devaney on Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 am

Diddly squat.

? So a little bit of criticism in my post, and you lot start moaning like a biitch.

Are we not allowed to state our views and get angry from time to time?
Rafa benitez won more than Klopp ever has, and several other Liverpool managers, with HALF the budget Klopp has spent.
World record fees for VVD and Alisson, plus 48m for Keita, 38m for Fabinho etc, has got us where exactly?

He won't get remembered for finishing second, or getting to three Cup finals and losing the LOT.

I wanna see some silverware, cozim sick to the back teeth of playing second fiddle to the Manchester clubs.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue May 07, 2019 11:28 am

Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 am wrote:

Diddly squat.

? So a little bit of criticism in my post, and you lot start moaning like a biitch.

Rafa benitez won more than Klopp ever has, and several other Liverpool managers, with HALF the budget Klopp has spent.
World record fees for VVD and Alisson, plus 48m for Keita, 38m for Fabinho etc, has got us where exactly?

He won't get remembered for finishing second, or getting to three Cup finals and losing the LOT.

I wanna see some silverware, cozim sick to the back teeth of playing second fiddle to the Manchester clubs.

You are a clown who hasn’t got a clue or a wum - either way you don’t support Liverpool

But then it’s the same as when you were Ghost of Shankly
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 11:36 am

Benny, that's not a constructive argument, now is it?

Don't take it out on me, it's not my fault we will be trophy less for the third consecutive season under Jurgen.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 am wrote:

Diddly squat.

If you match past managers money to present their amount they spent would be roughly the same.
2007 Torres for 20 mill is like todays 70-80 mill.

The work Klopp has done is incredible and if you put his best Xi vs Rafa,Houllier,BR i feel Klopp side would beat them.

We've been extremely close to trophies and I'm sure given time we will get silverware.

The EPL would be ours this season with ease if it wasn't for City. 97 points and no EPL common think about it, crazy to say the least.

I like many other fans also want a trophy because it has been to long. However this season even if we don't i am still proud of Klopp and the team.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Red Rum is a manc in disguise ….very much in the cheesecakery mould.....treat him as you would algymoon
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 2:03 pm

supersub » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm wrote:Red Rum is a manc in disguise ….very much in the cheesecakery mould.....treat him as you would algymoon

:D

Don't blame me matey, blame the manager.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby fivecups » Tue May 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 1:03 pm wrote:
supersub » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm wrote:Red Rum is a manc in disguise ….very much in the cheesecakery mould.....treat him as you would algymoon

:D

Don't blame me matey, blame the manager.

Oh God, a long-term returning WUM at this stage of the season, just what we need.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm

supersub » Tue May 07, 2019 2:02 pm wrote:Red Rum is a manc in disguise ….very much in the cheesecakery mould.....treat him as you would algymoon

I have some strange admiration for Red Rum and his kind to be honest. He's probably been banned from this forum several times through the years, his first user dating back as far as 2004 probably, but he always swallows his pride and comes back. This site must really mean something to him and others like him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue May 07, 2019 7:51 pm

This probably won’t be easy. We can win but can we thrash them ??

Proud of everything you’re done this season Reds !! If we end up trophyless nobody can say we didn’t give it everything. Just enjoy tonight and give Suarez and Coutinho a very serious kicking.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Supersub I eat my words. My idiotic earlier comment was because I was gutted we weren't going to win anything after such a mammoth season. A bit knee jerk.

Some how we did the impossible tonight.

I just think we deserve something at least, let's bring that European Cup home.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue May 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm wrote:Supersub I eat my words. My idiotic earlier comment was because I was gutted we weren't going to win anything after such a mammoth season. A bit knee jerk.

True Liverpool fans always believe the impossible doesn’t exist and we can provide miracles - that’s another one I have witnessed tonight.

Maybe time you f*ck off and don’t let the door smash your small head on the way out
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue May 07, 2019 9:29 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm wrote:Supersub I eat my words. My idiotic earlier comment was because I was gutted we weren't going to win anything after such a mammoth season. A bit knee jerk.

Maybe time you f*ck off and don’t let the door smash your small head on the way out

Defo Benny the noon.

Pull your head out from up your own arsse Benny. In case you haven't noticed, we STILL haven't won anything.... Yet!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:46 am

Calm down ladies, let’s not spoil tonight’s feel good factor and just be happy that there’s still a chance of winning on two fronts, one of which is in our hands. Who would you prefer, Ajax or Totteringham? I have a feeling that game will be another cracker.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion