Top of the League - at Christmas 2013

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:37 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 am wrote:
redno7 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 pm wrote:Well done to the players, Brendan Rodgers and the fans of Liverpool.

yeah, thats deffo worth mentioning, brendan and the players have done a magnificent job in 2013, over 80 points in the calender year and some tremendous performances in 2013 too like the newcastle away game last season and the recent spurs game.
the club had been in the doldrums for 3 or 4 years so brendan has done well to have us bounce back so emphatically, top at christmas no less!
nearly going bust, broughton brought in as temporary chairman, change of owners, court cases over ownership, going through multiple managers, the failed experiment with a DoF, worst run of results in a century, the suarez/evra thing etc etc etc........they all seem a long way away now.
well done brendan, you`ve done a great job in trying circumstances.

Exactly. Rodgers has done brilliant in keeping his squad together. His whole attitude is fantastic, restoring our "This is Anfield" sign, bringing back the red nets and first and foremost, letting the players know how great this club is. Our modern day Shankly. Premature? no, Rodgers has given us all hope, and faith, and a happy Christmas. Should we fail to win the league, who the hell cares? we have belief, and we haven't had that in a long time. We have walked through the storm, we are now looking at the golden sky.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:46 am

aah this is gonna be a great Christmas!! Thanks Redmen

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:32 am

Kharhaz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:37 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 am wrote:
redno7 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 pm wrote:Well done to the players, Brendan Rodgers and the fans of Liverpool.

yeah, thats deffo worth mentioning, brendan and the players have done a magnificent job in 2013, over 80 points in the calender year and some tremendous performances in 2013 too like the newcastle away game last season and the recent spurs game.
the club had been in the doldrums for 3 or 4 years so brendan has done well to have us bounce back so emphatically, top at christmas no less!
nearly going bust, broughton brought in as temporary chairman, change of owners, court cases over ownership, going through multiple managers, the failed experiment with a DoF, worst run of results in a century, the suarez/evra thing etc etc etc........they all seem a long way away now.
well done brendan, you`ve done a great job in trying circumstances.

Exactly. Rodgers has done brilliant in keeping his squad together. His whole attitude is fantastic, restoring our "This is Anfield" sign, bringing back the red nets and first and foremost, letting the players know how great this club is. Our modern day Shankly. Premature? no, Rodgers has given us all hope, and faith, and a happy Christmas. Should we fail to win the league, who the hell cares? we have belief, and we haven't had that in a long time. We have walked through the storm, we are now looking at the golden sky.

I don't think we realize how amazing BR was in transforming this squad of players to a league leader ,entertaining winning Team. Yesterday when i saw the players coming of the bench for Chelsea just made me realize what an amazing coach we have in BR.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:58 am

Our last 4 scorelines and current position at the top of the league are impressive indeed. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but the next 2 tough away games are the real acid tests to what the current Liverpool side without Stevie, Sturridge and Enrique are really made up of. And my forecasts for those 2 games esp. City are not good because seriously look at our current side. We're a one man team that is 100% dependant on one man for goals and assists. If he is taken out of the team, we're just a mid table side. A one man team can win against weaker teams but against the big guns, it will be an uphill struggle. I am not confident of the current Liverpool against the stronger teams until at least those 3 injured players are back. Our top of table position is very precarious. Everton for example have 2 easy games next and we have 2 tough away games and they can easily overtake and dropping down to 5th place  is  likely if results of *****, City, Chelaki, Everton are not in our favour. Our basic problem is, the squad is too thin. If FSG are not going to open their wallet next month, be prepared for finishing outside top 4.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby only me » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:18 am

Red Focus » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:58 am wrote:Our last 4 scorelines and current position at the top of the league are impressive indeed. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but the next 2 tough away games are the real acid tests to what the current Liverpool side without Stevie, Sturridge and Enrique are really made up of. And my forecasts for those 2 games esp. City are not good because seriously look at our current side. We're a one man team that is 100% dependant on one man for goals and assists. If he is taken out of the team, we're just a mid table side. A one man team can win against weaker teams but against the big guns, it will be an uphill struggle. I am not confident of the current Liverpool against the stronger teams until at least those 3 injured players are back. Our top of table position is very precarious. Everton for example have 2 easy games next and we have 2 tough away games and they can easily overtake and dropping down to 5th place  is  likely if results of *****, City, Chelaki, Everton are not in our favour. Our basic problem is, the squad is too thin. If FSG are not going to open their wallet next month, be prepared for finishing outside top 4.

With-all set and done we are first place ,after crushing Spurs and Cardiff WITHOUT our injured players. Even with them playing can't guarantee we escape the City/Chelsea games.
The Hull game really took the air out but the Spurs one restored it ,and more then the result it was the way we played ,with conviction heart and purpose. If we are leading the table and expecting 3 substantial players back with the possibility of new signing just around then i would say we are in a pretty good position. Even if drop to 5th we are still deep inside the CL battle.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:20 am

Red Focus » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:58 am wrote:Our last 4 scorelines and current position at the top of the league are impressive indeed. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but the next 2 tough away games are the real acid tests to what the current Liverpool side without Stevie, Sturridge and Enrique are really made up of. And my forecasts for those 2 games esp. City are not good because seriously look at our current side. We're a one man team that is 100% dependant on one man for goals and assists. If he is taken out of the team, we're just a mid table side. A one man team can win against weaker teams but against the big guns, it will be an uphill struggle. I am not confident of the current Liverpool against the stronger teams until at least those 3 injured players are back. Our top of table position is very precarious. Everton for example have 2 easy games next and we have 2 tough away games and they can easily overtake and dropping down to 5th place  is  likely if results of *****, City, Chelaki, Everton are not in our favour. Our basic problem is, the squad is too thin. If FSG are not going to open their wallet next month, be prepared for finishing outside top 4.

What joy do you get out of football mate?   :D 
We were all hoping to challenge for top 4 this season with the majority assuming we'd probably miss out and finish 6th. 
We're top at xmas and have all our harder games to come at Anfield. 
Plenty to be positive about.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:17 am

jacdaniel » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:20 pm wrote:

We were all hoping to challenge for top 4 this season with the majority assuming we'd probably miss out and finish 6th. 

Too true and remember we are the team which won the Champion league with Djimi Traore :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Hey Stu, are we allowed to say we are tied for first now  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:48 pm

jacdaniel » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:20 am wrote:

JD - I think you'll find that we have got a couple of tricky games away from home before we can say we have got all our harder games at home  :laugh:

I hope RedFocus's burns the fkg Turkey !! Miserable fkr !! Only joking mate - have a good one..................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:21 am

kazza » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 pm wrote:Hey Stu, are we allowed to say we are tied for first now  :laugh:

No. We are first. End of! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:20 am

on paper man city and chelsea scare me.
but on form:
man city lost away to Cardiff, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland. they trash spurs and so did we.
they trash gooners too but wenger gooners are itching for a trashing. rmb man u 8-2 gooners 2011?
so i wont read into their results too seriously.

chelsea's record drew man u, arsenal, spurs. lose everton, newcastle, stoke city and nearly to west brom for not a last min penalty won by ramires's dive. so i think old boring mourinho will play for a draw.

2 points from these 2 games will be a good result. 4 points will be a fantastic result.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:13 pm

6 points from these 2 games are where we'll aim, I'm sure.let's go out today and show the league we're back.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion