Little britain series 3 - Is it just me who thinks its ******?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:36 am

i quite liked Little Britain....watched the first 2 series and thought they were pretty funny.  I understand not everyone thought so, but their new series is rubbish....am i the only one to notice this?  It's been hyped to the hills by the BBC and it's bordering the pathetic at times.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:57 am

It's krap , stereotypical and tired characters , .One series was funny if only for the novelty but since then it's been the same joke regurgitated again and again .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:29 am

Exactly right!
It was great the first time,now its predictable and boring!The new characters are kinda funny but once you've seen them once you not what they are gonna do(pis.s all over the floor for example)! :sleep
66-1120597113

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:46 pm

i want that one

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:50 pm

hello JBG, i didnt know you were on little britain mate :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:53 pm

Last nights episode was dreadful to say the least, didnt laugh once, and its not like these programmes cant work, look at the fast show, same sort of concept but that was just class from start to finish, its become boring and predictable, and to honest i think they have got lazy, they have got a target audience which will laugh at anything they do now so they dont need to try so hard.

Give me Peep Show any day of the week, one of the best comedys of recent years, and amazingly in its 3rd series but only just starting to get the credit it deserves.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:14 pm

Garymac wrote:Last nights episode was dreadful to say the least, didnt laugh once, and its not like these programmes cant work, look at the fast show, same sort of concept but that was just class from start to finish, its become boring and predictable, and to honest i think they have got lazy, they have got a target audience which will laugh at anything they do now so they dont need to try so hard.

Give me Peep Show any day of the week, one of the best comedys of recent years, and amazingly in its 3rd series but only just starting to get the credit it deserves.

gary, look into my eyes, not there, here, you will like little britain and will not rememeber this conversation, when i snap my fingers you will back with me...one two three...your back in the room

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:16 pm

Little Britain has gone downhill, its just repeating the same jokes at this stage.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:28 pm

The best character is Doug the drug counsellor from series 2.  He'd mention the name of a drug and go off on the most stupid tangents.  Plus, the bastard had clearly never been near a drug in his life.  I didn't see last night's episode though.
jonnymac1979

Postby Big Niall » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:49 pm

I don't get shows like that or Harry Enfield where the joke is the same every week, they guy in the wheelchair says ok about 10 times and then says no at the last minute. Is that supposed to be funny.

Watch reruns of blackadder.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:56 pm

ah yes, this you mean

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:05 pm

HA HA, great scene that. The bishop was very funny too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:07 pm

Just watch Peter and Stewie Griffin in Family Guy.  Better than The Simpsons in my view. 

The early Simposns up until about Series 4 - 5 were exceptional and then they got new writers in.  Family Guy is well the funniest thing in the world.

Little Britain series 1 was really good, I used to have the radio series which was good as well.  Maybe it's just run out of ideas.  I mean, in the last episode of Series 2, the Reverend Jesse King was the best character in the entire series for me (closely followed by Bubbles but the shock value has gone now with her....) and he only appeared in that one sketch.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:22 pm

I said as much about Little Britain i,e that it's overated etc.

There are some far funnier and more innovative comedies on television right now. I highly recommend - Peep Show, Nighty Night, and especially the second series of The Mighty Boosh, which is possibly the most original comedy ever.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:26 pm

Family Guy is class, i only got into it a few months back and have become an addict since, it totally fu*ked up and never fails to crack me up.

In little Britain they have had the odd caracter which they havent used much, there was that reverend, there was boris the babysitter in the 1st series as well which only appeared in one episode and made me p!ss me self.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum