If you were in charge, - Of britain.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 am

What would you do to make things better? As things stand now, we are simply a mess. Some of the rules in place are just ridiculous and contradict themself. for example:

Binge drinking is out of control so supermarkets are being encouraged to raise the price. Although they have given rights to 24 hour drinking.

Kids are out of control and causing all kinds of havoc, especially hoodies. For this the parents are at fault. However it is in place that, as parents, we are not allowed to discipline our kids. A clip around the ear now results in assault charges.

The suggestions branded with regards to the problems in society are nothing short of a joke. If people who are addicted to drugs refuse to attend meetings to help get them off drugs, then they lose their house and made, more or less, homeless.

If people do not find work after a set amount of time then their benefits will cut. Thats another suggestion thats been made.

And yet all the while immigrants are let in and allowed to work. Even illegal ones. Everyone knows this is happening, they are employed for low wages, and yet a blind eye is turned constantly. Another suggestion made was to make women and ethnic minorities a priority for employment above all else. Which is pretty much whats happening already. And yet so many people are at fault for not finding work with the odds so firmly stacked against them.

So the changes I would make are:

Scrap the 24 hour drinking.
There was nothing wrong with the original licence. Leave the discretion to the landlords.

Scrap the smoking ban.
This has destroyed the pub trade. The pub trade is a good source of income for tax, what this government has done is crippled not only the trade itself, but themselves. The income through tax from this business generated masses amount of monies through the trade itself as well as the licences (music, slot machines, entertainment). Why the hell the government destroyed this trade is beyond me.

50% tax on fast food outlets.
This government are so interested in getting people fitter, rather than tell people what to eat, charge them for it. That way if they want to eat trash, they can. My government wouldnt stop them, in fact these people are helping paying of our debts !

Legalise certain drugs.
Most people I know smoke the odd joint, and most of the time the police turn a blind eye to it. As things stand drugs like cannabis are illegal, yet almost everyone is doing it. Legalise it, then tax their :censored: off for it. Their is a constant argument saying well beer and tobacco is worse. End this argument and help solve the national debt problem.

People are constantly killing themself through drugs, tobacco, drink, extreme sports, going out. My government wouldnt be about telling people what to do, it would be about giving people the option.

I could go on and on and list what I would do with the job situation and immigrants but then I would ruin the point of this thread !

So, if you were in charge, what would you do?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:38 am

stop immigration and foreign spending for minimum of 5 years

those that havent contributed to society would not get any benefits, unless there is a valid reason why you havent

re-invest in getting the homeless and starving in this country a better deal

major investing in education and the health service

more police, less speed cameras

re-introduce purchase tax, and abolish VAT

establish the death penalty for serious crime

increase tax on those earning over £50000 by 0.2 pence in the pound, and 1p more for those over £100000

thats just for starters
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:00 am

Eliminate poverty by shooting the poor.
Nuke Swindon. Oh, and Manchester.
Ummmmm....as you can see, my recent efforts to get into politics weren't all that successful....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby supersub » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:03 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Eliminate poverty by shooting the poor.
Ummmmm....as you can see, my recent efforts to get into politics weren't all that successful....

Don't know..... you sound like a suitable candidate for the European parliament :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby tonyeh » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Eliminate poverty by shooting the poor.

I propose the motion to have Derby added to the "Nuke List" as well.
tonyeh

Postby Big Niall » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Start tackling your deficit. Nobody believes the figures being produced by Labour and it is clear they don't want to tackle the problem until the election.

Giving the public sector a pay rise is madness when you cannot afford it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:33 pm

stop immigration - far to easy to get into this country
tax the rich - make the tax higher for people who earn or have vast amounts of money
more policing - the crime on our streets is spiralling out of control
get guns off our streets - there is just far to many and people are getting killed far to easily.
bring the army lads home - seriously what are they out there fighting for...pointless
get rid of human rights act - as far as im concerned the day you enter prison you lose every human right you had, treat them like prisoners and not like the joe public.
ban all spam phone calls - make it illegal for companies to randomly phone you...friggin sick of it , get like 20 a day.
shanklygates

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:12 pm

This point follows on from last nights Question Time but the first thing I would do is lower MP's wages, and channel the money used for bankers bonuses (both high st and investment) to all armed forces on active duty. The fact that the MOD is taking it's own soldiers to court to try and claw back compensation is a disgrace. And they wonder why this country does not get behind the cause.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm

an interesting point bav :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Judge wrote:stop immigration and foreign spending for minimum of 5 years

re-introduce purchase tax, and abolish VAT

establish the death penalty for serious crime

1) impossible, due to the HRA 1998 chances a foreigners will rely on it to gain entry as seen in examples such as the Afghan hijack case, the one where Blair criticized the judiciary's decision.

2) i am pretty sure the Treaty of Lisbon has re-established the death penalty

what is VAT?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 pm

bavlondon wrote:This point follows on from last nights Question Time but the first thing I would do is lower MP's wages, and channel the money used for bankers bonuses (both high st and investment) to all armed forces on active duty. The fact that the MOD is taking it's own soldiers to court to try and claw back compensation is a disgrace. And they wonder why this country does not get behind the cause.

oh i recall an incident where Brown went to some clinic recently and most of the soldiers there requested for their curtains to be drawn as they didnt wanna see him. cant recall the name of the clinic or hospital though. but yes, the article did state that the MOD brought 2 soldiers to court to reduce their compensation. it also states that the soldiers are unhappy because they lack alot of equipment overseas and since Brown came in, he has reduce contribution to the army from 2.8% to 2.2%.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Death penalty will never return to the uk .
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Make people work for their benefits even if it's only a couple of hours a day sweeping the streets. Guarentee you'll see a sudden reduction in claims .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:26 pm

The first candidates for mandatory death penalty are those who post 22+ times a day on this forum.

Mods - care to draw up a list ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:29 pm

if stuff is there to be talked about why cant people reply?

or are they only allowed to read it?
shanklygates

Next

Return to General Chat Forum