International weekend

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Alonso14 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:50 pm

As you might of heard its International Week and England are playing, anyone give a to.ss?

Appertly Rios been droped and Carras cummin in at LB.

Im just hoping are boys dont get injured and come back safe and sound.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:26 am

Same as you. I don't give a t*ss provided the LFC brigade come back as they left. I sort of hope England don't qualify for the World Cup so JC and SG can have a good long rest.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:28 am

Alonso14 wrote:Appertly Rios been droped and Carras cummin in at LB.

Who do Rios and Carras Cummin play for ???  ???
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:15 pm

Steven Gerrard will miss England's World Cup qualifier with Poland after suffering a shin injury.

The Liverpool captain was hurt during Saturday's 1-0 victory over Austria at Old Trafford which helped to secure England's passage to the World Cup finals.

Though Gerrard played the full 90 minutes in the drab success, he strained a muscle attached to his shin in his left leg.

Liverpool have confirmed the injury after Gerrard underwent scans to ascertain the extent of the damage.

The European champions have revealed that the 25-year-old will be out of action for the next two or three weeks.

That means Gerrard will be unavailable for Wednesday's clash with Poland at Old Trafford, which will decide who will finish top of Group Six.

Gerrard's absence will be a further blow to England coach Sven Goran Eriksson, who is already without captain David Beckham due to suspension.

Eriksson will now have to decide who will replace Gerrard, with Ledley King likely to be in pole position after his appearance as a substitute against Austria.

In addition to missing the England game, Gerrard could also be out for some key fixtures for Liverpool.

He is unlikely to oppose Anderlecht in the UEFA Champions League on October 19 and will be battling to be fit for the return meeting at Anfield on November 1.

Premiership matches against Blackburn, Fulham and West Ham could also be off the agenda for Gerrard, who was struggling with a calf injury earlier in the season
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:17 pm

I failed to get excited about the England game, because it seemed that we'd done enough previously.  When the World Cup starts in Germany that'll all change.  I can't imagine it without England playing, we've had some good results in Germany!
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Return to General Chat Forum