I went here on the weekend

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm

I live in California, which is the most non-smoker-friendly place in the world. Can't smoke in restaurants at all, and any public place had designated smoking spots that you have to go to to smoke.  I think California has the lowest percentage of smokers in the states, and probably one o fate lowest in the world.  Most of the smokers here go to the university's, and are from Asia.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:35 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 pm wrote:
laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm wrote:
Im looking at Borneo next May for bit of R&R

Scariest jungle I've ever been in, stay on the track if you do any trekking mate, once stepped off it to take a break on what appeared to be a small moss covered clearing, I went straight through what looked like solid ground into a chest deep pool of black slimy leech filled ooze,  :( . Beaches were nice, although as I recall the South China sea was a bit rough and brown, maybe it was just the time of year (Jan-April).

Yeah its mainly lying on the beach and by pool  Woof  but I hope to do a bit of treking and see some of the rainforest

Could do with a drink and relaxing dip in the pool to get the blood pressure down right now :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:14 am

ethanr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:35 pm wrote:I live in California, which is the most non-smoker-friendly place in the world. Can't smoke in restaurants at all, and any public place had designated smoking spots that you have to go to to smoke.  I think California has the lowest percentage of smokers in the states, and probably one o fate lowest in the world.  Most of the smokers here go to the university's, and are from Asia.

I'm sure it's not as bad as here for that stuff. Take the Tasmanian government who are trying to push  laws through parliament  (not sure if they have achieved it yet but it's likely), making it illegal for anyone to smoke who are born after 2012! It's quite communist here at times with the old nanny state flexing it's new aged muscles. Still, that said it's a lovely place, it's just a shame nannyism has taken such a stranglehold over here. I used to work in the trades but not anymore, that too has become bureaucratic and full of red-tape. Simple plumbing (s.hit runs down hill and payday is Friday) is over regulated, you can't even fart over here without having to do some kind of risk assessment and permit before letting go. Still, I mustn't complain  otherwise I'll sound like a whinging POM.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 am

Why are you in Tasmania Kenny, are you in jail?   ???
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:40 am

Reg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 am wrote:Why are you in Tasmania Kenny, are you in jail?   ???

I'm not in Tazzy Reg, I'm in THE Queen'sland.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum