It was lovely.

Saw one of these:

and frolicked in the sun.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 am wrote:It was lovely.

Saw one of these:

and frolicked in the sun.

I hired a boat around the whitsundays once, is this one of the islands? i can't tell

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm

It's Green Island, just off Cairns.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 am

Talking of "Green Islands" I've got a piece of wallpaper with that title but I can't for the life of me discover where it is .

Anyone have any idea

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:37 am

The island from 'Lost'
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:41 am

Well I cant see a Tsunami from Canada rolling in so it aint Hawaii
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 am

Looks very nice mate. I will do Australia 1 day but I've not kicked my SE Asia bug yet. Thailand in 7 weeks.. roll on.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Have to admit Thailand is a great place and you do get a bug for it. The first time I went there was on an open ticket and was only supposed to be there for a month, we ended up there on the lazy island of koh phangyang for about four months! They have some beautiful islands there too, like phi phi. I love it there because there isn't the same Western obsession with health and safety, if you wanna smoke a fag after your meal, you can. Or drink beer on the beach, it's actually illegal here in oZ to drink and smoke on a beach. The simple things in life are more enjoyable over there without a shadow of a doubt.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Yes Thailand is a great place for chilling out.. even these days people moan that it's not what it was 10 years ago but it's still nice for me. This year I also check out SihanoukVille (Cambodia) and Koh Rong.

My only complaint about some of these beaches are the sand flies. I hate the pesky little feckers with a passion. Not seen too many of them on the Andaman side but tonnes on the Gulf side so Koh Phangan.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:57 pm

it's actually illegal here in oZ to drink and smoke on a beach.

:wwww

Please KK tell me your just kidding .

You can't have a cold one and a cig down at the beach, unbelievable that the Aussies would put up with that sh'it.

Is the ruling actually enforced ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:04 pm

tubby » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm wrote:Yes Thailand is a great place for chilling out.. even these days people moan that it's not what it was 10 years ago but it's still nice for me. This year I also check out SihanoukVille (Cambodia) and Koh Rong.

My only complaint about some of these beaches are the sand flies. I hate the pesky little feckers with a passion. Not seen too many of them on the Andaman side but tonnes on the Gulf side so Koh Phangan.

Mate, if you where in Phuket 30- 40 years ago you'd understand where those moaners are coming from. I had a little bar in Crazy Corner, Kata Beach when there were no hotels or paved roads between there and Patong, it was truly a paradise.

Progress and development is inevitable but tourism eventually kills what that which makes a place so attractive in the first place.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Loved Thailand though I prefer Koi Samui over Phuket, where at least in 07 you could have both old and the new.
Sad to see Thai tourist image taken a bit of battering in recent times with death of tourists and crime against Foreigners on the rise.
Most of mates are heading for Vietnam these days where as part of that tourist irony they reckon its has'nt been ruined by tourism just yet.

Im looking at Borneo next May for bit of R&R
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:26 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 am wrote:

You can't have a cold one and a cig down at the beach, unbelievable that the Aussies would put up with that sh'it.

I'm not kidding woof. It's pretty much enforced on populated beaches.

There is a very real feel in this country of Americanism, law suits, health and safety which is utter bonkers. This is the massive plus though when living in the 'bush'' we're still in the land of common sense up here.

I remember one of the first times I went to the beach with the misses, I had a cig in my hand and she said "you cannot smoke on beaches over here". I was like "yeah whatever", it didn't need the smoking police to explain to me what I was doing was wrong, as all the locals stared at me with a disgusted look as though I had two heads. You can't even smoke outside on many pub premises here these days, a smoker in oZ is a pariah.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 am wrote:

I'm not kidding woof. It's pretty much enforced on populated beaches.

There is a very real feel in this country of Americanism, law suits, health and safety which is utter bonkers. This is the massive plus though when living in the 'bush'' we're still in the land of common sense up here.

I remember one of the first times I went to the beach with the misses, I had a cig in my hand and she said "you cannot smoke on beaches over here". I was like "yeah whatever", it didn't need the smoking police to explain to me what I was doing was wrong, as all the locals stared at me with a disgusted look as though I had two heads. You can't even smoke outside on many pub premises here these days, a smoker in oZ is a pariah.

That's bull.Sh*t mate. How can you not smoke and drink on a beach? I always make sure I collect the butts and throw them away with any rubbish.

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:04 pm wrote:
tubby » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm wrote:Yes Thailand is a great place for chilling out.. even these days people moan that it's not what it was 10 years ago but it's still nice for me. This year I also check out SihanoukVille (Cambodia) and Koh Rong.

Mate, if you where in Phuket 30- 40 years ago you'd understand where those moaners are coming from. I had a little bar in Crazy Corner, Kata Beach when there were no hotels or paved roads between there and Patong, it was truly a paradise.

Progress and development is inevitable but tourism eventually kills what that which makes a place so attractive in the first place.

Yeah Phuket is a bit ***** now. I don't mind the buildings.. but what I don't like is the lack of affordable public transport and tuk tuk mafia.

Anyway...this Green Island looks amazing. I'm not into diving but I do like to snorkel and Australia is supposed to be good for that. I may try Indonesia next time and then take a week or so and go Australia.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:06 pm

laza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm wrote:
Im looking at Borneo next May for bit of R&R

Scariest jungle I've ever been in, stay on the track if you do any trekking mate, once stepped off it to take a break on what appeared to be a small moss covered clearing, I went straight through what looked like solid ground into a chest deep pool of black slimy leech filled ooze,  :( . Beaches were nice, although as I recall the South China sea was a bit rough and brown, maybe it was just the time of year (Jan-April).

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat Forum