Most overpaid? - Players, mangers, international managers

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:46 am

A top footballer,top club manager, top international manager all get about £5m per year. Who do you think is the most over paid

I think international manager does little, usually-there is only about 14 players really competing for first team, they don't really develop the footballer as only have a couple of days with them. I think it is a part time job.

I think a club manager deserves more than a footballer as I think a good manager is more important than any one player.

So I think international manager most overpaid, then footballer, then club manager.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 am

interenational managers i guess. but i am one of the few who thinks none are over paid. look at leaders in any field (actors, musicians, finance) and there pay is far far greater. its supply and demand. the people are willing to pay for the service, and get it.

international managers tho do not do as much, but are under far greater pressure, and its a more prestigous job
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:58 am

dawson99 wrote:interenational managers i guess. but i am one of the few who thinks none are over paid. look at leaders in any field (actors, musicians, finance) and there pay is far far greater. its supply and demand. the people are willing to pay for the service, and get it.

international managers tho do not do as much, but are under far greater pressure, and its a more prestigous job

A lot of the pays you mentioned are profit related, lots of football clubs are just breaking even, our own club for instance didn't even have enough money to buy Kuyt and Moores lent the Club £10m.....wish he didn't though.

Too much of the pay is basic, performance related would be far better. The prime minister gets around 175k or so.

I think they are all overpaid, but i suppose the International manager is the worst.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:31 pm

dawson99 wrote:interenational managers i guess. but i am one of the few who thinks none are over paid. look at leaders in any field (actors, musicians, finance) and there pay is far far greater. its supply and demand. the people are willing to pay for the service, and get it.

It really depends on who you compare them to Dawson. Compared to say a surgeon (who saves lives) they are massively overpaid.

But I agree national team managers are the most overpaid of the three options.

Personally I think cost estimators should get just as much as footballers, but maybe thats just me  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Yessicajax » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 pm

I think everybody in the footballworld is overpaid...  ???
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Yessicajax wrote:I think everybody in the footballworld is overpaid...  ???

You're 100%.

Getting  a few grand (or a lot more) a week to do something you love and can't really be seen as work is ridiculous. It makes me look at Gaelic sports and respect them that much more as those players don't get paid, yet they train and play the sport as if their lives depended on it...which it probably does. True athletes.

I think there should be a wage cap in football, as well as a cap on transfer fee's. It's getting ridiculous. Honestly, you wouldn't believe it was real money they were throwing about. I think it's just make believe and that it's all Monopoly money.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:54 pm

respect gaelic sports? go watch them then. footballers earnas much as they do due to its popularity. no one moaned about jack nicholson being paid 60 million to be batman or however much bill gates earns.

if footbalelrs were over paid, we wouldnt watch and theyd have to take pay cuts. why cap it? cant stand all this 'surgeons doa  great job...pay them more'

if surgeons played in front of paying spectators and got there uniform sponsored then yeah, pay them more. look at american football, baseball, loads like that, theres loads paid out to all the entertainment indutries. seinfeld got a million dollars an episode of what he did, the cast of friends... so paying a footballer whatever when you see how much the tv rights are sold for around the world... not too much
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 pm

dawson99 wrote:respect gaelic sports? go watch them then. footballers earnas much as they do due to its popularity. no one moaned about jack nicholson being paid 60 million to be batman or however much bill gates earns.

if footbalelrs were over paid, we wouldnt watch and theyd have to take pay cuts. why cap it? cant stand all this 'surgeons doa  great job...pay them more'

if surgeons played in front of paying spectators and got there uniform sponsored then yeah, pay them more. look at american football, baseball, loads like that, theres loads paid out to all the entertainment indutries. seinfeld got a million dollars an episode of what he did, the cast of friends... so paying a footballer whatever when you see how much the tv rights are sold for around the world... not too much

Players dont have a Club heart anymore..as soon they can get more money somewher else they go to that other team.
When the players didnt get that much money..they played much better and they didnt complain about the money.Cause they just liked to play football.

Look at Drenthe...he left Feyenoord for Real Madrid(ofcourse for the money) he get paid much more..and he is even not playing. :oops:

-x-
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:respect gaelic sports? go watch them then. footballers earnas much as they do due to its popularity. no one moaned about jack nicholson being paid 60 million to be batman or however much bill gates earns.

Great idea that Dawson, we could have surgeon racing (who can replace a heart fastest)

Live performances with surgeons performing with the London symphony orchestra.

Seriously though Dawson, you also get the majority of clubs struggling to survive as well mate. Loyal fans who can no longer afford to go and watch their team. Players who have no reason to perform to their best as they already have more money than the banks.
account deleted by request

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:57 pm

How about instead of capping wages, capping ticket prices. The clubs would make a bit less money (but TV would still give them a lot), the commerical knock on effect would probably be that clubs can't afford to pay jplayers like SG/Terry/Ferdinand etc £100k p/w but ONLY £70k per week.

I think it is wrong that people on low wages can't afford to support clubs they supported every week 20 years ago (when football wasn't trendy).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:13 pm

dawson99 wrote:respect gaelic sports? go watch them then.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. If most footballers had the drive and enthusiasm as some of the GAA players do, then it would be a far better sport to watch for it. There's too many players with superstar status in football demanding astronomical wages these days. Ronaldinho is asking what a week? Well over a 100 grand I'm sure. Two decades ago, three weeks of his wages would have bought you a Kenny Dalglish. It's a f*cking joke and smaller clubs haven't a chance in hell of ever expanding themselves to become a big club themselves. You have to remember, that we were once an up and coming team, and the team that Shankley and Paisley built wasn't based on the promise of a massive wage packet at the end of the week. It was through love of the club and the sport and the pride of playing for winning.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Big Niall wrote:I think it is wrong that people on low wages can't afford to support clubs they supported every week 20 years ago (when football wasn't trendy).

20 years ago football wasn't trendy? For me, personally, 20 years ago was one of, if not thee golden era of football that's long past and probably won't see the likes of again. That's when players could be kicked and got up and got on with it. There was no poncing about. No protection from ref's because so-and-so is worth X amount of pounds.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I think it is wrong that people on low wages can't afford to support clubs they supported every week 20 years ago (when football wasn't trendy).

20 years ago football wasn't trendy? For me, personally, 20 years ago was one of, if not thee golden era of football that's long past and probably won't see the likes of again. That's when players could be kicked and got up and got on with it. There was no poncing about. No protection from ref's because so-and-so is worth X amount of pounds.

The Prime minister at the time hated football - no politican could admit that today, corporates didn't go to football matches either, the equivilant of Zoe Ball and those other celebrities didn't all have to fake being football fans, that's what I mean.

I think all LFC fans old enough consider 1970s and 1980s as a golden era!!!

While I hate the poncy diving,hairbands,white boots, and all that gay stuff - I am glad that the Maradonnas and Van Basten's of todays game cannot be kicked off the pitch by somebody called "chopper"
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:14 pm

At the end of the day, it is because of we the fans why footballers, managers etc get paid so much. If it wern't for the fans football wouldn't survive.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

The Prime minister at the time hated football - no politican could admit that today, corporates didn't go to football matches either, the equivilant of Zoe Ball and those other celebrities didn't all have to fake being football fans, that's what I mean.

I think all LFC fans old enough consider 1970s and 1980s as a golden era!!!

While I hate the poncy diving,hairbands,white boots, and all that gay stuff - I am glad that the Maradonnas and Van Basten's of todays game cannot be kicked off the pitch by somebody called "chopper"

It's not just because I'm an LFC fan that I look back at the 80's/ early 90's as a golden time for football. It's for obvious reasons. the all time classic world cups; the all time classic players that people remember were still about: Maradonna, Barns, Gullet, VanBasten, Rush, Romario etc etc. I could go on all day. I loved those players. I just think most world class players today pale to them.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum