dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:27 pm

My policy

Vote Labour

Keep conservatives out
roberto green

Postby andy_g » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:32 pm

i understand your concerns, daws, but i think you're misguided if you think the tories are going to make it any better. you won't be paying less tax and the spongers in society will carry on finding ways to sponge. what we will almost certainly see under a tory government is more well off people trying to fúck over the less well off, and serving to increase the divides that cause most of the tensions in society.

i'm not sure that labour getting another term is going to make things better either though, in fact i have no idea who will.

i badly miss all the good things about england, but i'm increasingly glad i bailed out 8 years ago. for various reasons however, it has been better for me to stay within the UK tax system (being self employed in spain is not easy). so i still pay my taxes to benefit the british without getting any of the benefits myself whatsoever.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:47 pm

dunno about you lot, but i'm voting for this guy.

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I make no apologies Daws for my abrasive manner but I was brought up believing that you had to fight for everything you believe in ,and that is why I have managed to secure the lifestyle I now enjoy to the fullest ,I can now afford to retire at 50 and live comfortably although perhaps not in this country given the current climate ,but I will always reply when I feel something to be wrong or misguided ,the one regret I have from life  is I have never been my own boss ,but given my impulsive nature  it was probably for the best  :D

We all get angry Lad but I have learnt to express myself in a way that will not cause offence to others ,it was simply a case of having to ,calling someone a Tw@t simply defeats the object ,but if you had explained yourself as in your last post perhaps we would have avoided the confrontation ,but it was never about politics I simply took umbrage at your pop at Scousers

an honest warning

If you plan to retire abroad, you need to get some insurance for currency swings. Many retired brits living off their sterling pension are suffering in their retirement in the eurozone.

If the sterling slides over the next few years but your expenses are in a different currency, you'll be in trouble.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Niall, currency fluctuation is a massive influence on cost of living for sure however unless you´re teh type of person who is able to hedge your currency 12 months forward on a rolling annual basis (which you can do but have to understand the mechanism) you have little defence. The euro is taking a hammering at present so medium/long term is an opportunity to convert most currencies into euros now as long as you expect teh euro to recover further down the road.

If you look at currency performance over teh last 12 months we have a weak dollar, weak sterling and now euro. The dollar is being made to look strong now because of the state of sterling and teh euro but in reality, its still knackered against the stronger yen, canadian and ozzie dollars.

But I agree, to lose 20% of your money on currency fluctuation hurts like héll!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:18 pm

who won the debate last night?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Cameron allegedly... but in all honesty dont they all just spout the same bullsh!t
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm

You couldn't possibly make an informed to decision on the basis of those debates. They've certainly helped to get people thinking but they're limited to providing a very superficial take on what each of the parties is proposing; partly because of the time limit but mainly because the majority watching aren't likely to be able to follow a detailed debate and the leader who ventures too far in that direction risks appearing out of touch with the elctorate. Essentially, they're communication contests where the emphasis is on how the message is delivered rather than the actual merits or demerits of the policies or ideas themselves. Clegg and Cameron are in a different league in that respect, though Brown did put in his best performance in last night's debate.
LFC2007

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Gordon Brown is infront of Paxman tonight.  8.30  BBC 1

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Penalties is it ?  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:17 pm

red37 wrote:Gordon Brown is infront of Paxman tonight.  8.30  BBC 1

Browns last chance to get any type of credibility back from what has been a nightmare campaign
roberto green

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Brown:

"to quote my Harvad speech... you don't have that do you?"

Paxman

"no I don't"

:laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 pm

They spent half the time trying not to make each other laugh..

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat May 01, 2010 5:27 pm

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum