The La liga thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:25 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:Real have a :censored: easy game against Valladolid

...that they managed to just salvage a point from. 1:1.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Good news for Barca.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Barca are currently leading Zaragoza 3-1, with goals from Messi x2 and Iniesta. Only half an hour gone by.

Results from other matches from today:

Deportivo La Coruna 0 - 2 Recreativo Huelva
Mallorca  4 - 2 Valladolid
Osasuna 4 - 1 Levante
Racing Santander 0 - 2 Villarreal
Real Murcia 0 - 1 Almeria
Valencia 2 - 1 Getafe
Sevilla 2 - 3 Espanyol

Table looks something like this

1. Villareal [5 matches] - 12 pts
2. Valencia [5 matches] - 12 pts
3. Barcelona [5 matches] - 11 pts [if they win their current game]
4. Real Madrid [4 matches] - 10 pts
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:33 pm

messi is the best player in the world at the moment. on fire the lad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Barca were amazing vs Zaragoza the other night, Messi in particular was unstoppable, Henry hasnt really got going over there yet though.

Also Mark Gonzalez had quite a good game vs Real Madrid yesterday, i thought 2-0 flatterd Madrid to be honest.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:48 pm

Not a bad week for Barca, stuffing Lyon in the CL, comfortable win against Sevilla and the romp of Saragossa.

I went over for those last 2 games. My mates thought i was crazy when i refused to get off at Les Corts metro station with them. But the 2 times i have done that previously we only drew the games. So they got off there and i had to walk the extra distance to meet up with them again. But it was worth it for the 2 results

reial have yet to be really tested, and i don't think they're playing any better than last season. Expect them to lose top spot within the next few weeks.
Barca Murph

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Another 4-1 win for Barca then away against Levante. Seems like they are really kicking into gear now (is it coincidental that this is happening while Ronnie is out?), and Henry with a hattrick coming to terms with la liga. Sevilla lost away against Zaragoza (0-2), they haven't got the best of starts this season.
JamCar05

Postby red37 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:35 am

Great side to watch...Messi is awesome.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Barca Murph » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:42 pm

Vila-real, Valencia and reial all got 1-0 wins to move back above us, but i think we're quickly turning into a real force again.

Stuttgart in the CL tonight, fancy us to win by 2 as they've hardly set the german league alight. Ronnie should be back in the starting line up, so that should be interesting.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Barcelona are my favourite for this season. Have Etoo injured, have Ronaldinho oout of form for doing too much fiesta, but they have so much quality.

Messi is impressing big time, and it's safe to say he's the best player of the world right now. Still haven't seen much of Yaya Toure, but the holding mid position was one that definitely needed to be improved last season.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Hey Sabre. I think Toure has been the best signing we've made in a long time. If only we'd had him last season :(  Out injured for 3 or 4 weeks now though.
Barca Murph

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Barcelona have won (subject to appeal) a £2.1 million lawsuit against Fran Merida. This is to do with the 17y/o leaving the Catalan club to sign for Arsenal. And they now plan to follow that up with action against Liverpool's 16y/o Daniel Pacheco.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:56 pm

You all can see the goals in youtube, but what are the polemics in Spain, what is being commented often?

* Rotations in Madrid, so far, the stick is low because Real Madrid is on top, but as soon as they have a bad game MARCA and the likes are already ready to give stick

* Raul not going to the national squad is a controversy feeded by Marca and AS. Aragones was caught by surprise in a chit chat with one fan in which he said "How many world cups has Raul played? (3) And how many have we won?". Should Spain wouldn't have won 1-3 against Denmark, the press would have been on fire, but this time Aragones was right (he didn't call Raul even if Villa and Torres were not available).

* Barcelona is a big club, and as such, one of the moans we had in San Sebastian about them is that in the eighties and nineties they came with the money and plundered other youth systems. But credit where credit is due, Barcelona has been playing with 6-7 youth system educated players, Iniesta, Xavi, Bojan (great player), Dosantos, Messi, Puyol have all been in the youth system of Barcelona, which in my opinion means that Barcelona are doing a good job in La Masia (Barcelona's Melwood).
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Valdes came through the youth system too.
Barca Murph

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Sabre when do your team play celta? Micheles young lad Adrian is on loan from Madrid to celta and he will most proberbly play against your team . He is only 19 and plays attacking midfield mainly on the left not a bad little player from what i have heard but i have never seen him play
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion