The La liga thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:33 pm

red37 wrote:Anyone catch any of last nights Atletico v Getafe at the Vicente Calderon?

Kin ell ...the ref was like 'Mike Riley against a backdrop of a Benny Hill' soundtrack - 17 yellows/4 reds!

Nuts.

Atletico won the mini-derby 1:0 (though f**k knows how) Getafe were unlucky to say the least.

No to be honest I didn't watch it (this year my local team is in segunda I cannot me much ársed to see the primera games, because it would be harder to live with that), but I can see the picture, very Spanish.

It's something any english team should remember when they face a Spanish Ref, some of them need to show authority, and don't stand being commented things. So they show a card, and if they hear say a "fúck off" or 2 or 3 team mates surround him, they can start a multi card combo showing 5 in a row.

And Clos Gomez, the ref of that match isn't one of the worst !!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:06 pm

red37 wrote:Anyone catch any of last nights Atletico v Getafe at the Vicente Calderon?

Kin ell ...the ref was like 'Mike Riley against a backdrop of a Benny Hill' soundtrack - 17 yellows/4 reds!

Nuts.

Atletico won the mini-derby 1:0 (though f**k knows how) Getafe were unlucky to say the least.

I watched this last night, ref had a field day.

Aguero was off after two dives in the space of 5-10 min's, I thought that was embarrassing on his part.
LFC2007

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:01 pm

[Barca Murph]
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Barca Murph » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:29 pm

Yes?
Barca Murph

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 am

Barca Murph-Sorry trying something out there. :D

That was a very good victory for you guys against Valencia.  But Valencia was really terrible.  I think you guys should star offloading some of your big names though, starting with Ronaldinho.  He slows you guys down too much and you look much faster and more dangerous without him.  Eto was amazing he should definitely start ahead of Henry.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Barca Murph » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm

I think Ronnie might need to play a deeper midfield role or move on. The old Ronnie used to go past players with ease, but he just doesn't seem to do that at the moment  :(  Just slows it down as you say.

Off to BCN on friday morning for el clasico. If you're watching on the TV look out for my flag.

Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:05 am

Barça Murph, there has been some controversy with those comments out of the dressroom, you know the "There are black sheeps in the dressroom" ones and things like that.

How strong do you think it's Rijkaard's position in Barcelona? Do you think Laporta really trusts him?
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 pm

well it's el classico this weekend. should be an absolute belter. i think messi's out for barcelona but henry's back from injury along with eto'o.

2-2 for me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:35 pm

Man it looks like Ronnie is a goner.  I think he will leave this January after his latest run-in with Rijkaard.  It's really shocking how much fame brought him down.  He used to be so great not so long ago, but now he's just fat and lazy.  Anyway tomorrow is going to be a great match, cant wait.  I'm going for a Madrid win.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:03 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I'm going for a Madrid win.

Any Liverpool fan who wants Madrid to win is an idiot. They rob our players on the cheap, or for free! :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:39 pm

stmichael-Calm down man.  Don't forget they gave us Morientes. :D
ruskiy playmaker

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:03 pm

well real madrid are now 7 points clear at the top. i thought barcelona were really poor, iniesta aside. ronaldinho was a joke, eto'o hardly got a kick and why the hell didn't henry get brought on.

impressed with madrid though. excellent goal by baptista, pepe at the back was a man mountain and sergio ramos played really well aswell.

rijkaard will be lucky if he lasts the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:13 pm

stmichael wrote:well real madrid are now 7 points clear at the top. i thought barcelona were really poor, iniesta aside. ronaldinho was a joke, eto'o hardly got a kick and why the hell didn't henry get brought on.

impressed with madrid though. excellent goal by baptista, pepe at the back was a man mountain and sergio ramos played really well aswell.

I think frankie boy will be gone within the next couple of weeks
Defo not the old Barca
Agree with you with Ramos had a great game
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:26 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
stmichael wrote:well real madrid are now 7 points clear at the top. i thought barcelona were really poor, iniesta aside. ronaldinho was a joke, eto'o hardly got a kick and why the hell didn't henry get brought on.

I think frankie boy will be gone within the next couple of weeks
Defo not the old Barca
Agree with you with Ramos had a great game

I think you are spot on there Nanny, if Barca want to salvage anything from this season they need to replace Rijkaard soon. The guys managerial shortcomings are coming home to roost now in a big way. His lack of tactical flexibility was shown in all of its glory tonight, they were really struggling to break through Madrid's defence and his only answer was to throw different players at it. There has been no plan b for most of his tenure which is fair enough when his plan a works so well but times will call for a plan b and he doesn't have one.
The fact that he has no real control over the dressing room and his players is startling and his apparent reluctance to impose discipline on the dressing room is even more baffling. It's no wonder Ronaldinho is out getting bladdered most nights (allegedly  :lookaround ) and having less mobility than the Michelin Man come match day.

As for 'El Derby' Barca were poor and it pains me to say that Madrid probably deserved their win.  :angry: The loss of Messi for Barca was huge and going forward it was surprising to see a complete lack of ideas from probably the most gifted attacking side in world football.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:39 pm

Well st.mick, I disagree with you about Ronaldinho, he was the only Barca player who tried, especially in the first half when he had a couple of good chances.

Baptista took his goal well, but it was an excellent one-two with Van nist. Pepe was immense, especially his last ditch tackle at the end.

Giovanni Dos Santos, I have been watching this player since a couple of weeks, and he looks impressive, great ball control and a great passer.
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion