Champions league - Thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Anyone watched the Milan vs Tottenham game?

AC Milan were very lucky to have Flamini and Gattuso on the field.

Milan were beaten ever where in the first half, then they introduced Pato, who basically changed the tempo of their game and played better in the second. Flamini's tackle on corluka was a disgrace and I don't know how he stayed on the field after that. Gattuso should have gotten a straight red after he slapped ''arry's'' assistant. What a goal from Tottenham though, great run from Lennon to set up Crouch, and now Tottenham are the 3rd English team to win in the San Siro.

Valencia drew with Schalke 1-1... Raul scoring.

Tomorrow, Barca vs Arsenal....
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 pm

I honestly wanted Tottingham to get stuffed. Gutted to see that was the result
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am

i'm glad spurs got the win myself. partly because they actually play some good football and have 3 or 4 very good players. partly because gattuso is a grade A cóck who should know better than to pick on joe jordan. partly for the disgusting challenge from flamini. partly because you have to love crouchy scoring. and partly because the more games they play in the champions league, for more tired they'll be for trying to keep above us in the league.

gattuso should get a lengthy ban anyway, and i fecking well hope he does.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 am

Just saw the highlights - shocking tackle from Flamini - an easy red card decision, I thought they were supposed to be stricter in Europe. Similarly, it's amazing that Gattuso wasn't even booked for pushing Joe Jordan - there will surely be retropspective action for the head butt.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 am

Gattuso should get a lengthy ban, what he did was a disgrace :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 am

andy_g wrote:i'm glad spurs got the win myself. partly because they actually play some good football and have 3 or 4 very good players. partly because gattuso is a grade A cóck who should know better than to pick on joe jordan. partly for the disgusting challenge from flamini. partly because you have to love crouchy scoring. and partly because the more games they play in the champions league, for more tired they'll be for trying to keep above us in the league.

true enough, but its harry...  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 am

Greavesie wrote:
andy_g wrote:i'm glad spurs got the win myself. partly because they actually play some good football and have 3 or 4 very good players. partly because gattuso is a grade A cóck who should know better than to pick on joe jordan. partly for the disgusting challenge from flamini. partly because you have to love crouchy scoring. and partly because the more games they play in the champions league, for more tired they'll be for trying to keep above us in the league.

true enough, but its harry...  :D

god win for spurs
Gattuso should get a year ban for what he did.

oh and as for Harry?  theres always been something liked about him, not even sure i know what it is lol not saying i would like him to be or manager but when his team is not playing us or god results for them dont mean bad for us, then like him to do wel.

lets not forget that deepdown he also loves Liverpool, well thats what said when his son come to us........hmm going on what torres said when he come to us its got me thinkng now lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 am

lakes10 wrote:oh and as for Harry?  theres always been something liked about him

Whenever I see him on TV, I just think to myself, get yourself a good nights kip lad ! Them bags under his eyes are massive !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 am

Agree with all of that Gattuso should get a lifetime ban for being a pr1ck if for no other reason.
worcester_red

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Just as well I have the day off today, SSN will be creaming over this.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 pm

F'uckin hate this thread MH lad . I'm jealouse as f.uck . I don't half miss the champions league nights , maybe next year .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 pm

It really is quite hard watching the tournament without the reds in it, isn't it :(

Hopefully tonights game will be a spectacular affair for the neutral though. Preferably with Barca dumping Arsenal out of the tournament so they can focus on catching the mancs instead, as Arsenal seems to be the only club left to prevent that shower from lifting no. 19.
JamCar05

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm

arsenal need a 2 goal lead from the first leg as barca will stuff them in the nou camp. no puyol for barca who will be a bad miss and walcott should get some joy against maxwell.

arsenal are definitely stronger than last year as they have arshavin, fabregas and van persie fit but you could argue that barca are stronger aswell after replacing ibrahimovic with villa.

should be a cracker which means it'll probably be 0-0 :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:F'uckin hate this thread MH lad . I'm jealouse as f.uck . I don't half miss the champions league nights , maybe next year .

I know the feeling :(

though I want Barca to win it  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Id actually like Barca to get stuffed. Don't like the way their players openly talk about how their spanish counterparts should join them or move clubs ect... like the way Villa was going on about Torres. Hope they get fkn stuffed!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion