Spain 2 - 1 denmark - Agger, alonso no injuries

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:56 pm

Spain 2 -1 Denmark

Highlights.

You can watch how Morientes won the action in the first goal to Agger.

I'd like to know if some of you see that first goal of Morientes, how do you say that specific kind of dribling Morientes makes in english, the one that puts the ball in his left foot before finishing. There are lots of words that I still don't know in football english

Agger made a very good match other than that. The pass was very good and hard to spot by Iniesta, Morientes made a great play, but other than that Agger commanded his defence well and their line put Spanish men on Off side many times.

Alonso had only 30 minutes in which he didn't excel. He won't until Aragones realises that Iniesta and Xabi together are a couple that lacks strenght, and Alonso is the defensive midfielder Spain needs, not Albelda

Villa showed his quality in the second goal. Other than this drops of quality, the Spanish team was average at best.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:45 pm

I always thought that Alonso and Xabi worked brilliantly together, they tore us apart a few years back. Morientes is a class act. it just didnt work in england, but u can see the guy definately knows where the goal mouth is
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion