Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:49 am

This is funny please read :D

Rafa Benitez has already made an impression on the Italian media – and earned himself a new nickname.

The Spanish manager imported from England by Inter Milan cut a conspicuously portly figure at the club’s summer training camp, to the undisguised sniggers of the watching scribes.

Benitez has pledged to get his squad in the best possible condition ahead of their pre-season friendlies, but admits his own physical profile is testimony to a love of food.

One weighty Italian sports daily duly dubbed him “Big Ben”.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:39 am

I cant see how he wont do well there tbh, he has a good team and a good all round squad.

They will win the league again i think and i hope he does well.

I am glad he has moved on but wish him well still.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby fivecups » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:45 am

Ben Patrick wrote:I cant see how he wont do well there tbh, he has a good team and a good all round squad.

That's a nice post Ben. He should do well but it's a difficult challenge to take on a team thats just won the treble - there's only one way to go from there.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:55 am

fivecups wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:I cant see how he wont do well there tbh, he has a good team and a good all round squad.

That's a nice post Ben. He should do well but it's a difficult challenge to take on a team thats just won the treble - there's only one way to go from there.

Oh i dont for one minute think they will retain the champions league.
But the italian league isnt very strong at the moment and Rafa has the best team in the league and is not a bad manager so he should retain the serie a title i think.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby fivecups » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
fivecups wrote:

Oh i dont for one minute think they will retain the champions league.
But the italian league isnt very strong at the moment and Rafa has the best team in the league and is not a bad manager so he should retain the serie a title i think.

I agree, it's highly unlikely Inter will win the CL this year, there are better teams out there, particularly the Spanish big two.

I suppose a question is - what does he need to acheive to be considered  a success in his first season?

I think he needs to win the league. If Inter have good cup runs is that enough? Possibly not. It's a tough job IMO, however Rafa has never been short of self-belief.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:56 pm

I wish him all the best and I really hopes he wins the lot this year including the champions league
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 am

Inter beat City 3-0 last night well in Rafa  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:49 am

Ciggy wrote:Inter beat City 3-0 last night well in Rafa  :buttrock

:buttrock
Julio-0

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 am

Ciggy wrote:Inter beat City 3-0 last night well in Rafa  :buttrock

Did they? Feck!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 am

Bit of a rowdy match as well Viera was sent off
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Dundalk wrote:Bit of a rowdy match as well Viera was sent off

What was it... the 5th minute or something... Ref didnt realize it was just a friendly... hardly worth a red card anyways....
Inter were impressive though... Some of their kids are brilliant and they played some decent stuff against a shiite City side...

I think Inter will win the league again... Hard to see anyone competing against them with the players they have being much better than anything the Italian league has to offer... Milan dont have the funds to renovate a squad that is in desperate need of an overhaul.. Juventus dont have the players or the manager to go far... Roma have some quality players but dont/havent have/had the funds to improve their squad past a certain level...

I dont think they'll be winning the CL again... Rafa is a good manager in knockout competitions but if they come up against decent opposition (Barce, Real, Chelsea, ManU) they'll struggle imo...

Anyways.. best of luck Rafa.. break a leg  :lookaround
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:22 am

Very good performance from Rafa's Inter team, Cambiasso was different class in midfield and Benitez gave starts to some promising kids ...one such youngster ...Cristiano Biraghi scored an absolute peach from 35 yards .....some neat and tidy precision passing throughout the game from Inter Milan who dominated the  proceedings completely
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:03 pm

'yeh but they won't win the league..'  :D

Well in Rafa la :)
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:08 pm

aCe' wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Bit of a rowdy match as well Viera was sent off

What was it... the 5th minute or something... Ref didnt realize it was just a friendly... hardly worth a red card anyways....
Inter were impressive though... Some of their kids are brilliant and they played some decent stuff against a shiite City side...

I think Inter will win the league again... Hard to see anyone competing against them with the players they have being much better than anything the Italian league has to offer... Milan dont have the funds to renovate a squad that is in desperate need of an overhaul.. Juventus dont have the players or the manager to go far... Roma have some quality players but dont/havent have/had the funds to improve their squad past a certain level...

I dont think they'll be winning the CL again... Rafa is a good manager in knockout competitions but if they come up against decent opposition (Barce, Real, Chelsea, ManU) they'll struggle imo...

Anyways.. best of luck Rafa.. break a leg  :lookaround

Whenever his teams have come up against the supposed "better" opposition in a two legged tie he has come up trumps and beaten the likes of Madrid,Chelsea and Barce and IMO i think Inter have a great chance to retain the CL .
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Rafa's message for the Inter fans lifted from Inter.it

PHILADELPHIA - "In Baltimore the team has been working well, showing good football and speed in the develop actions. This isn't always possible, but we believe that we have sent from the states a good first message for our president Moratti and all Inter fans. The message from my side about what I want to build and by the players to show good attitude in working and what all the group wants to do during the season. "

"In Toronto, the idea is to let Eto'o and Stankovic play longer as everyone, within the ones who reached the team directly from the World Cup's vacations, who feel to stay in the field. We'll find a Panathinaikos at hits fourth race of preparation, but we are strong, their experts, and it will be a nice race. "

"It's never easy to train, to travel and play, especially in the States with the long distances but here in Philadelphia we have worked very well in a great structure. I'm very happy, not because we worked - this is our duty - but because we have quality players with a winning mentality, players who do not want to lose even in training matches. In this way for me the work is easier, but things in football aren't always so positive; will have to face difficulties, but I like working with this team. In Toronto I would like to see what I've seen in Baltimore, with the same intensity and same mentality
.link
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion