Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 pm

we could probably discuss all the avenues of this thread now and save us all the trouble mate :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Not being funny here like but considering loads keeps saying move on with Rafa , and loads were made up he went , it seems that its them same ones who are posting in here , its seems they secretly cant get over him an all ha ha
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Not being funny here like but considering loads keeps saying move on with Rafa , and loads were made up he went , it seems that its them same ones who are posting in here , its seems they secretly cant get over him an all ha ha

It is a Rafa thread hun LOL
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Not being funny here like but considering loads keeps saying move on with Rafa , and loads were made up he went , it seems that its them same ones who are posting in here , its seems they secretly cant get over him an all ha ha

It is a Rafa thread hun LOL

Yeh and  :laugh:

point being .youd think those who wanna move on and who had enough of him and talking about him wouldnt wanna post in this thread, YEH GET ME BLOOD
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 pm

i get you an ting
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:49 am

I want to move on as far as Liverpool Football Club is concerned. I have long since got over debating the previous manager's tenure at our club. Whether or not people think he did a good job and deserved to be sacked is by the by now, we have a new manager and we move on.

The debate on the manager himself though rages on. As I've said a few times, anyone who was massively pro the previous manager who tells me they won't be gloating if they win the league and the Champions League again this season is a bigger liar than Tom Pepper (whoever he is, me Mum always says it). Lets be honest here, I FULLY EXPECT (and probably even fully deserve) loads of gloating if Rafa is a roaring success. No problem with that at all. By the same token, if he bombs out, then those of us who doubted him will see it as some kind of vindication. Under those circumstances there'll be a fair bit going the other way no doubt.

We might as well be honest with each other here. For our own reasons, many forum regulars will be keeping a close eye on Inter Milans results this season. Nothing wrong with it either, long as it doesn't spill over into talk of our own club it's merely harmless banter.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:23 pm

bigmick wrote:I want to move on as far as Liverpool Football Club is concerned. I have long since got over debating the previous manager's tenure at our club. Whether or not people think he did a good job and deserved to be sacked is by the by now, we have a new manager and we move on.

The debate on the manager himself though rages on. As I've said a few times, anyone who was massively pro the previous manager who tells me they won't be gloating if they win the league and the Champions League again this season is a bigger liar than Tom Pepper (whoever he is, me Mum always says it). Lets be honest here, I FULLY EXPECT (and probably even fully deserve) loads of gloating if Rafa is a roaring success. No problem with that at all. By the same token, if he bombs out, then those of us who doubted him will see it as some kind of vindication. Under those circumstances there'll be a fair bit going the other way no doubt.

We might as well be honest with each other here. For our own reasons, many forum regulars will be keeping a close eye on Inter Milans results this season. Nothing wrong with it either, long as it doesn't spill over into talk of our own club it's merely harmless banter.

Harmless banter ''dost thou jest''  .... We meet at Dawn with thy weapon of choice ... "At Dawn good Sir "... and bringeth thy anorak it looketh like rain ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:40 pm

If it rains Red we'll cancel the dual for a bit and go have a few pints :D Truthful question, are you feeling confident that your man will uproot a forest of trees and lead Inter to further glory, or are you getting a tad nervous at the undeniably difficult task he's taken on?

For my part, unsurprisingly I'm predicting a mega bomb out, and Inter having a new manager before the end of the season :D .
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Rafa is a great manager, especially for Inter, but he does have amonumental task following mourinho and other italian teams are getting better and better, hes in a no win situation really
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Big Niall wrote:Inter won the league 5 years in a row but I expect them to lose it with Benitez in charge.

We'll see in May.

I'm sure you'll post in this thread again then Mick  :upside:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:50 pm

zarababe wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Inter won the league 5 years in a row but I expect them to lose it with Benitez in charge.

We'll see in May.

Absolutely mate, I'll be in here all year. It will be fun either way, and at least it's fresh and not just rehashing the same old sh!t.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:53 pm

What saying he won't win the league .. didn't you say that some 60,000 times on here already fella

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:04 pm

bigmick wrote:If it rains Red we'll cancel the dual for a bit and go have a few pints :D Truthful question, are you feeling confident that your man will uproot a forst of trees and lead Inter to further glory, or are you getting a tad nervous at the undeniably difficult task he's taken on?

For my part, unsurprisingly I'm predicting a mega bomb out, and Inter having a new manager before the end of the season :D .

You can stick that with all your other predictions Michael ... that Earnshaw file must be near to full now  :rasp
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:12 pm

zarababe wrote:

We'll see in May.

No I won't.

:D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:34 pm

:D doh